eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Scoping out my listings on different user account. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/43957-scoping-out-my-listings-different-user-account.html)

lightmaria 03-14-2012 08:04 PM

Scoping out my listings on different user account.

So to see how my listings are doing I go to my main computer user account which doesn't have any ebay accounts made and I just search one of my own ebay user IDs and check how well my listings are doing without logging into a user account.

Is that okay to do?

download3000 03-14-2012 09:28 PM

yea its good to do that actually, you should be acting like a regular seller and normally sellers will look who else is selling diffrent items. :dance:

rsot 03-15-2012 10:25 AM

Yes browsing is fine - don't log in.

biggunn 03-15-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 321636)
Yes browsing is fine - don't log in.

Browsing still makes me paranoid... Ebay can definitely see your IP address. I at least keep it natural and random. Don't just go search on a list of your item#'s from a bunch of different stealths.

seanws30 03-15-2012 01:39 PM

hence the dont log in comment

biggunn 03-15-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanws30 (Post 321726)
hence the dont log in comment

The no logging in part is pretty obvious.. Not rocket science to figure that one out.

You don't think that ebay can see, and logs, every IP address of every user that visits their site regardless of if they are logged in or not?

lightmaria 03-16-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggunn (Post 321754)
The no logging in part is pretty obvious.. Not rocket science to figure that one out.

You don't think that ebay can see, and logs, every IP address of every user that visits their site regardless of if they are logged in or not?

Oh shiit srsly? So even if I'm not logged in and I'm on my main user account scoping out all products from my diff stealth accounts, ebay still knows who I am and what Im looking at?

I doubt thats true because if I change my Ip log onto a stealth acc, then log off that stealth acc and go back to my main user acc then start browsing they log my IP? Then lets say I change my IP again and go change to another stealth acc log off that acc, come back to my main acc and start browsing with that IP..that means Im linked lol? just because I'm browsing with 2 different IPs that were logged into two different stealth accounts all on the same user acc with same flash cookies? Even though I never log onto an ebay acc on my main user acc.

Omg you just made me paranoid.

rsot 03-16-2012 11:00 AM

Way too paranoid biggunn =)

Sandy D 03-16-2012 11:07 AM

When I know someone is about to end and its higher dollar I just search through the category until I find the item.

Then I always start looking and adding like items to my watch list and even bid on a few things here and there.

Keeps roving eyes off looking at only one thing.

biggunn 03-16-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightmaria (Post 321981)
Oh shiit srsly? So even if I'm not logged in and I'm on my main user account scoping out all products from my diff stealth accounts, ebay still knows who I am and what Im looking at?

I doubt thats true because if I change my Ip log onto a stealth acc, then log off that stealth acc and go back to my main user acc then start browsing they log my IP? Then lets say I change my IP again and go change to another stealth acc log off that acc, come back to my main acc and start browsing with that IP..that means Im linked lol? just because I'm browsing with 2 different IPs that were logged into two different stealth accounts all on the same user acc with same flash cookies? Even though I never log onto an ebay acc on my main user acc.

Omg you just made me paranoid.

It's not necessarily going to link you, but ebay and paypal can definitely see your IP address. It could possible contribute to a suspension down the road if you create enough trends.

pod 03-17-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightmaria (Post 321491)
I just search one of my own ebay user IDs

Searching for the seller ID could be an issue. But pretty doubtful. Keep in mind the IP you use on the account and the IP you use to browse are different but show the same location. Much of IP is location.

I doubt they track this, but who knows. I would search the items like a normal browser. Not User ID specifically. But that is probably going much further than needed.

If you look up a few user IDs specifically in a short window all from the same IP location that could easily raise a flag in the system. Again, who knows

When in doubt, I don't.....