Did Ebay Change the Limits to New Seller Accounts This Week?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-26-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Did Ebay Change the Limits to New Seller Accounts This Week??

Hello all!
I was setting up yet another ebay account and noticed that my initial limits for selling are now $500/month instead of $1,000. Can anyone confirm if this is standard now, or just something applied to my account?

Ive noticed lately a few of my accounts being shut down, and I cant figure out why. Hopefully this new one won't.

But something with their system is changing I fear because I always clear my cookies, cache and stored comp memory, use fresh phone numbers, cards, info etc.

The only thing I can think of is that its my proxy but I pay for a private one that doesn't show up as a proxy on other sites, so I dont know whats going on....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What's going on is you are not operating in a sensible stealth fashion

No need for any user based in the USA to have a proxy. (Private or otherwise)

Why are you doing all that with your account? No need to clear cookies etc.

As for your selling limits may be your category.

Is your paypal verified and confirmed
slashnothing (03-26-2012)
Old 03-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post

As for your selling limits may be your category..............
So are you saying the item you list will determine your limits?
Old 03-26-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 75%
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
What's going on is you are not operating in a sensible stealth fashion

No need for any user based in the USA to have a proxy. (Private or otherwise)

Why are you doing all that with your account? No need to clear cookies etc.

As for your selling limits may be your category.

Is your paypal verified and confirmed

@Greenbean...

No (shamefully)for this last account my Paypal was not verified and confirmed, which I know is a big no-no, but I thought Id try it anyway since I did provide a credit card to the paypal account. I have other Paypal accounts that are verified to use; however I didn't because they are registered to different email addresses w/ different aliases, and when Ive linked ebay accounts to paypal accounts of differing aliases before, Ive noticed the ebay account is asked for further verification. (Then again, sometimes not...Its hard to say, as I havent been able to locate any consistency in that regard.). Of course perhaps the best thing to do is wait until another Paypal is verified that I can link to an ebay account with all the same info.
In terms of the issue maybe my listing category. Yes, it is possible that the item is considered "high risk". However if it is, then it would have changed in the last week because I listed three very similar items just last week (different accounts of course, and all of the accounts were new as well--only I experienced no problems then).
Also you mention Im not being stealthy?
Can you PM me or something and further explain what you mean exactly? Im wasting loads of time setting up new accounts, which ordinarily Id be ok with if in the end they amounted to something. But when they keep getting "restricted" before anything even sells its frustrating in an indescribable way!

P/s-- I should note that the specific reason for my restriction is as follows:
" MC999 Your eBay account is restricted. Thanks for selling....important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account. your listings have been removed until we can speak to you." And when I called the rep was going to reinstate my account "after simple verification". But seeing as how the person I would need to verify doesnt exist in any database, I was incapable. Then I received a suspension notice (despite that the rep was polite and told me I could fax in docs, (which I only agreed to for the sake of appeasing the conversation, as I know its pointless to manufacture that stuff).

Anyway, Thanks for your input! Im going to try it all over again with a verified and confirmed paypal that corresponds to the ebay accounts info, and cross my fingers for now!

@JJGOLD
No thats not what Im saying exactly, although yes the kind of item listed most definitely does determine your limits to an extent. EG if the item is part of VERO. However some limitations like the $1000/month for new sellers applies to all new sellers (to my knowledge).....Though perhaps Im wrong about that since my last attempted listing stated in my account details that my per month cap was 10 items or $500, whichever came first. IVE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE! But Ive yet to find an explanation I can pinpoint as the cause.