Mc008 & mc067 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-01-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Exclamation Mc008 & mc067

I got MC008 just now. This is what eBay sent me ....

We've restricted your eBay account because we're concerned about some recent account activity. We've taken this precaution to protect our members.

So I called eBay and asked them why did I get my account restricted and then all of my listings were removed ...

Agent's answer was .... Due to members concern ... So basically some jealous mother****ers reported me because I was selling a few products they sell too? Is that what it is ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-01-2012

Longevity: 70%

what were you selling,
also did you make sure, you different ip, different window account, and using steath for everything??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markflood For This Useful Post:
jesseinkaron (07-11-2012), stanislav (04-01-2012)
Old 04-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by markflood View Post
what were you selling,
also did you make sure, you different ip, different window account, and using steath for everything??
Hey markwood, thank you for taking your time to reply. I always change my ip. I am on DSL modem. All I have to do is to restart my modem to get a new IP. And I do have separate User Accounts for each stealth. But I was wondering to myself one thing ... Is it okay to give each user account Administrator privilege or should each account be under Standard User? Because my newly created user accounts are all have administrative privileges.
Old 04-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Hi, stanislav

I keep my accounts as Administrator

Regarding those codes they are being handed out like (poisoned) candy by ebay.

My feeling is it's generic rather than an actual member. Together they usually mean we dont like the style of your account but we will not tell the truth
stanislav (04-02-2012)
Old 04-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

All my accounts have Administrator privileges too - that is no problem. As GB stated - could be generic OR could be competitor/buyers reporting. No real way to tell - how new of an account? how many sales? how much feedback? category?
Old 04-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
All my accounts have Administrator privileges too - that is no problem. As GB stated - could be generic OR could be competitor/buyers reporting. No real way to tell - how new of an account? how many sales? how much feedback? category?
The account itself was created since 2009 but I started selling as of last month. I sold about 7 items. Sold over 1000 dollars in sales. Got one positive feedback. Everything was just fine. I am wondering to myself now if this was due to me trying to manipulate the system in order to sell this particular product for one day instead of 3, 5 or 7 days. Basically when you are trying to sell this product it will show you a warning, saying that you can only list it for 3, 5 or 7 days. What I did is I kept manipulating the keywords for about half an hour until I found finally a way to list it for one day. It just so happened to be that I got MC008 shortly after. I think if you keep trying to either revise your listing or edit it too many time unsuccessful it raises a red flag in their system, especially if you are a new seller. What do you think ?
Old 04-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Hi, stanislav

I keep my accounts as Administrator

Regarding those codes they are being handed out like (poisoned) candy by ebay.

My feeling is it's generic rather than an actual member. Together they usually mean we dont like the style of your account but we will not tell the truth
It is so sad and disheartening that I have to go through so much hassle. I thought I was already able to stay under radar by spreading my sales. I was able to even avoid getting MC019 unless of course someone was to report me and even VERO. But now I am getting this MC008 which I never got before. And I mean EVER! How often do you get MC008 compared with other codes? Is it really common?
Old 04-02-2012

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanislav View Post
The account itself was created since 2009 but I started selling as of last month. I sold about 7 items. Sold over 1000 dollars in sales. Got one positive feedback. Everything was just fine. I am wondering to myself now if this was due to me trying to manipulate the system in order to sell this particular product for one day instead of 3, 5 or 7 days. Basically when you are trying to sell this product it will show you a warning, saying that you can only list it for 3, 5 or 7 days. What I did is I kept manipulating the keywords for about half an hour until I found finally a way to list it for one day. It just so happened to be that I got MC008 shortly after. I think if you keep trying to either revise your listing or edit it too many time unsuccessful it raises a red flag in their system, especially if you are a new seller. What do you think ?
"created since 2009 but I started selling as of last month"

Thats strange if you've just been selling as of the last month and they ban you.

Are you using the same one day method on other accounts aswell? with the same item? surely they should have the mc warning aswell then...

It could always be competition as was said though.

Last edited by Thankful; 04-02-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanxful View Post
"created since 2009 but I started selling as of last month"

Thats strange if you've just been selling as of the last month.

Are you using the same one day method on other accounts aswell? with the same item? surely they should have the mc warning aswell then...

It could always be competition as was said though.
I am not exactly sure why it is strange that someone decided to sell on their eBay account a few years later (from Ebay's stand point of view) . I buy my buyers accounts from one of the sellers here. I am not exactly sure what is strange about using an older account with zero feedback.

I haven't used the same method on other accounts I still have but today I am going to try it out and see where it goes. I hope to God it works well for me and I don't get MC008 again.

But if it is one of the sellers then it is pretty sad and disgusting!
Old 04-02-2012
MU

Longevity: 81%

Ebay is not dumb when you have an old account and start selling a year later. They will usually ask for docs for this because in their minds the account could be hijacked or something else.
Old 04-02-2012

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
There you go an account created in 2009, just started selling and you sold over $1,000.00, plus manipulating the search

Welcome to the new eBay, you must thread light my friend. Seems you have been on this forum for some time and should know better by now. The old ebay is gone please build your accounts with purchases, get some feedback, let them sit for at least 30 days then sell just a few items first week I dont understand how many times through the years that I have said this.

Last edited by bansheezone; 04-02-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheezone View Post
There you go an account created in 2009, just started selling and you sold over $1,000.00, plus manipulating the search
You obviously don't know what you are talking about ...
Old 04-02-2012

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
I am not exactly sure why it is strange that someone decided to sell on their eBay account a few years later (from Ebay's stand point of view) .
Slight misunderstanding here - I meant it's strange they banned you - didn't mean it's strange you used it only recently although it was made in 2009.

Another think to keep in mind though is they also look at selling habbits - so i hope you didn't didn't go from selling 0 on that account to selling like tons of stuff ( i.e alot of money coming in that month on numberous items).
The Following User Says Thank You to Thankful For This Useful Post:
stanislav (04-02-2012)
Old 04-02-2012

You already answered you own question. Being that you have been on this forum for as long as I have you should know better.

I am going by your words that you wrote, maybe please explain yourself a bit more maybe we can understand as it seems I do not know what I am talking about.

Let's see an account from 2009, but just started selling on it, then sold $1,00.00 in a month. Was this account ever used since 2009 lets say for like browsing, maybe buying some feedback, or did you simply start selling on it?

What type of product?, what is VERO?, how long did it take you to build up the amount of 1,000.00?

You say that you did 1 day auctions after messing with the system to allow you to list 1 day auctions. Why the need to list 1 day items?

I can go on, so please explain how I am confusing what you wrote because it seems pretty clear that you asked to be restricted.

Last edited by bansheezone; 04-02-2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: teaching
Old 04-02-2012

Quote:
I am not exactly sure why it is strange that someone decided to sell on their eBay account a few years later (from Ebay's stand point of view) . I buy my buyers accounts from one of the sellers here. I am not exactly sure what is strange about using an older account with zero feedback.

I haven't used the same method on other accounts I still have but today I am going to try it out and see where it goes. I hope to God it works well for me and I don't get MC008 again.

But if it is one of the sellers then it is pretty sad and disgusting!
Its really not the fact of it being strange to eBay more then your actions being a risk to eBay.

Then this is best part, your going to do it again. Why? are you really expecting different results?

Last edited by bansheezone; 04-02-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanxful View Post
Slight misunderstanding here - I meant it's strange they banned you - didn't mean it's strange you used it only recently although it was made in 2009.

Another think to keep in mind though is they also look at selling habbits - so i hope you didn't didn't go from selling 0 on that account to selling like tons of stuff ( i.e alot of money coming in that month on numberous items).
Thank you for your reply once again.

Yes I was wondering the same, strange! There must have been reason as to why they would suddenly and so quickly issue me MC008. I've been doing/selling eBay for quite a while and never received this code before.

Like Greenbean said it could have been generic. I surely hope it was an eBay bot and not some manual review. I never start selling on an account with ZERO buying feedback. But I know someone who is able to create brand new accounts and start listing on them right away. In fact he is able to get 100/$5000 limit right off the bat as I understand it.

All I can say there are still many tricks and exploits in eBay system and I am pretty sure some of the members here know them but will not share with anyone unless they benefit. I perfectly understand their position! Such information should be kept only for the ELITE LOL!

Last edited by stanislav; 04-02-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheezone View Post
You already answered you own question. Being that you have been on this forum for as long as I have you should know better.

I am going by your words that you wrote, maybe please explain yourself a bit more maybe we can understand as it seems I do not know what I am talking about.

Let's see an account from 2009, but just started selling on it, then sold $1,00.00 in a month. Was this account ever used since 2009 lets say for like browsing, maybe buying some feedback, or did you simply start selling on it?

What type of product?, what is VERO?, how long did it take you to build up the amount of 1,000.00?

You say that you did 1 day auctions after messing with the system to allow you to list 1 day auctions. Why the need to list 1 day items?

I can go on, so please explain how I am confusing what you wrote because it seems pretty clear that you asked to be restricted.
I don't think selling 1000 dollars on a new account is too much. Maybe I am wrong but I think there is a misconception about how much one can sell on a new account. Sure going overboard, listing too much will get you kicked but I only sold 7 items on that account in previous month. I don't think this is what triggered MC008. I think it was me tempering for at least half an hour with one of my listings in order to be able to list for ONE DAY and also avoid 30 day category limit. I was able to avoid both but was quickly subdued.
Old 04-02-2012

Longevity: 84%

I had an account go down today after selling a few of the same items, went to revise it and then a second time to revised it again and got naru'd, so yeah I think tampering with listing too much can raise some flags.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
GreenGhost (03-19-2013), stanislav (04-02-2012)