eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Newbie with a category limit- health & beauty (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/44750-newbie-category-limit-health-beauty.html)

tamigirl68 04-03-2012 01:28 PM

Newbie with a category limit- health & beauty

Hi Everyone,
Been searching threads and new posts for a week and couldn't find an answer to this. I just opened my first stealth account :) Did everything stealth, and verified everything. Got boosted from the 10 item minimum to 100items per month.. But then got put on a category hold in one of the main categories that I sell in - Health & Beauty. I sell cosmetics.. I know, it's a high vero item but only was able to list 5 items and got shut down in the category. I didn't just auction cosmetics this time as I did that with my past account and got my seller privileges revoked and was told I could buy but not sell. So i'm also selling my daughters clothes, housewares, etc.. as a disguise to the main product of my ebay..

So my question is, after getting the message below, is there anyway around selling once you receive a category limitation or do I have to wait the 30 days?? I won't advertise in different categories as I've done that in the past and was reprimanded. I've read Ebay Stealth and understand that more accounts would be the answer... But can anyone give me insight or a loophole to my original question? Thanks!

Props and kudos to all of you for such great advise and support... if there is a thread or post already that I overlooked, please send me the link...thanks again for all your help! :)

"You can not submit your listing due to the following problems
Important message
We're sorry for the inconvenience, but in order to maintain a safe trading environment, there's a limit on the number of times individual sellers can list certain items in a period of 30 consecutive days.

You've reached the 30-day selling limit for the type of item you're trying to list. This isn't a reflection on your account or selling activity. These limits apply to all accounts. But it does mean you won't be able to complete this listing right now. (You can still list other kinds of items, though.)

Items that are subject to selling limits can change, so we can’t be specific about which listings fall under these protective limits.

Long-time sellers with proven track records and other positive account attributes may be eligible for higher selling limits. If you believe that you would qualify, please review our selling limits page for more information.

You may be able to list this item in 28 days. "

Click here for live help.

rsot 04-03-2012 02:53 PM

I would recommend you stick to the 30 day timelines at this point since your account is new. Calling them and trying to force higher limits could result in ID verification.

Open up more stealth accounts.

Thankful 04-03-2012 08:16 PM

rsot is right.

Like you said your self it's a new account, so act as if your new yourself, what your doing now is good selling your cloths and household items, but you should of done that at the start, never jump in the deep end.

Make yourself another stealth on a different admin user/ip you know the drill... and start off by selling household stuff at the start - even let the account age abit theres no rush to start selling your cosmetics straight after 30 days sometimes it's better to just let them mature (especially if there high risk items), whilst you sell on other account.

So to sum it up.

Act & think like your new! no high risk :nono:

Build trust with e/b p/p by sending your goods out on time and describing them correctly, and also paying your p/p fees!

You'll get the hang of it in no time! :thumb:

jamblix 04-03-2012 11:06 PM

As soon the account is over 6mo old and you have at least 50 positive seller feedback and nice DSRs, you can just call in and have them raise the limit without question if you get the right rep. Until then yeah, as the above suggest open more accounts and spread your sales.

stanislav 04-03-2012 11:30 PM

Greetings tamigirl68!

I have had the same issue a few days ago. I reached my 30 day category limit. Probably because I was selling HIGH RISK! Now there is only one way out of this and it is to try and reword your listing. Meaning that the structure of the listing title must either omit certain key words or omit entire brand name altogether. Now I know if you omit the main keyword you might not be able to get enough exposure on eBay and thus you wont be able to sell your product for you expected price value. Nevertheless there are product names that could still be found by consumers even if you were to omit brand name. I sell such product and that's what helps me to avoid VERO detection even though without the main keyword I still get 30 days restriction after selling certain amount of HIGH RISK items but believe it or not sometimes omitting EVEN ONE letter can do the trick.

tamigirl68 04-04-2012 12:20 PM

Thank you all.

Thanks guys for all the great advice. I really appreciate you helping a newbie like me whose still learning the ropes.. Props and Kudos.. :)

tamigirl68 04-04-2012 03:19 PM

STANISLAV,
Yes but by revising the wording of titles for makeup items, what catagory would you list them in?? I was snagged with my previous account for placing cosmetics under clothing/accessories, mix lots and as Ebay read me the riot act, they listed circumventing a category as one of the reasons why they restricted me from selling ever again.. Please advise.. Want to baby this account but still need to make $$$. :) Tami

GTB 04-04-2012 03:23 PM

welcome

nice n slow,more accounts,stay well under the radar,follow the stealth guide

and you will be fine

rsot 04-04-2012 03:35 PM

The avatar pic is nice too.

GTB 04-04-2012 03:56 PM

yeah that is a nice pic

is that you tami?

tamigirl68 04-04-2012 04:00 PM

Pic is close....

Funny, came across this pic and it was spooky as when i wear my grey/blue color contacts, my eyes actually look like this.. Thanks again for all your comments and support. You guys are AWESOME.

GTB 04-04-2012 04:17 PM

no...your AWESOME :)

stanislav 04-04-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamigirl68 (Post 328389)
STANISLAV,
Yes but by revising the wording of titles for makeup items, what catagory would you list them in?? I was snagged with my previous account for placing cosmetics under clothing/accessories, mix lots and as Ebay read me the riot act, they listed circumventing a category as one of the reasons why they restricted me from selling ever again.. Please advise.. Want to baby this account but still need to make $$$. :) Tami

MEOW Tami!

Are you saying that they literally restricted your account from selling again because you were listing in an incompatible category? What sort of restriction code did you get in your inbox from eBay when this happened?

Why don't you try 'everything else' category?

tamigirl68 04-05-2012 10:23 AM

STANISLAV,
See below for the kiss of death email that they sent me. Now alittle background.. Had 3 disgruntle buyers over my 8 years of selling and they made my life a misery.. my auctions were taken down every week. Although I had them on the block list, I think they had their friends, relatives, etc reporting my auctions for authenticity, fraud, etc... I sold in a different category for about 3 weeks and then got this letter.. I'm fearful to venture into different categories as I was chastised before so I guess I'll just be patient and wait out the 30 days. It just sucks as cosmetics is the heartbeat of my ebay...

Dear Tami,
Thank you for contacting eBay in regard to the restriction of your
account. It's my understanding you want to appeal the selling
restriction on your account.

In reviewing your account, we have found that the appropriate action was
taken when making the decision to restrict your eBay activities and will
not be overturning the restriction.

We have noted the following concerns:

-- Feedback comments from your customers questioning the authenticity of
item(s) sold
-- Community reports questioning authenticity of listings
-- Circumvention of Category Block for Health and Beauty items
-- Concerns on related account - macwitch

These concerns cause negative buying experiences and unfairness to other
sellers that are following our policies and providing great customer
service.

The eBay User Agreement states that we may suspend, restrict or
terminate user accounts if we believe you're creating problems, possible
legal liabilities, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of
our policies.

Your account will remain open to make purchases on the site and you can
continue to use your account to finalize your sales and speak to your
customers. However, you will no longer have access to sell on eBay.
This includes using another existing account or registering a new
account to sell on eBay.

While we understand that you may not agree with the decision to restrict
your account, based on an additional review, we've decided that your
account will remain restricted indefinitely, with no option for
reinstatement.

Please be aware that eBay may not respond to any further correspondence
on this matter.

GTB 04-05-2012 10:26 AM

them disgruntled buyers will of been competitors

lowest of the low i mite add

tamigirl68 04-05-2012 10:55 AM

GTB,
You're absolutely right.. Although Ebay tries to enforce rules etc.. there's no way for them to track competitors from taking down your auctions. Thanks for your emails and for helping a newbie like me. :)

GTB 04-05-2012 01:44 PM

maybe you could search for a line that is not so competitive

i despise competitors who use underhand tactics

but i am a firm believer in karma and they will get it in the end

NoneOther 04-05-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamigirl68 (Post 328407)
Funny, came across this pic and it was spooky as when i wear my grey/blue color contacts, my eyes actually look like this.. Thanks again for all your comments and support. You guys are AWESOME.

Looks like Kate Beckinsale (Underworld) to me

GTB 04-05-2012 01:59 PM

now she is one attractive woman

we can dream y'all

rsot 04-05-2012 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 472

For GTB...

GTB 04-05-2012 02:30 PM

thanks rsot

she is mighty fine,i prefer her real life look though

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...eNs3ZnPrlDCT8Q

there we go

rsot 04-05-2012 02:35 PM

That's true - fresh face - GTB you on the hunt for where she lives.