eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Another rule that will hurt more than help. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/44769-another-rule-will-hurt-more-than-help.html)

KingRay 04-04-2012 03:21 AM

Another rule that will hurt more than help.

I have heard this many time but when reading it in detail with todays email from ebay really irritates me.

I communicate with many of my customers via email several times through the eBay email system as they now seem to require you to.

People ask questions and ask opinions on which or what to buy that is better in some cases where I have more than one option available.

Now if they buy an item after contacting me or ask a question about something like combining pkgs, I lose my automatic 5 star rating in communication over it?? That is how I read this and think thats going to hurt waaay more than help.

My sales are not like a robot selling and shipping. I have specialized items that people want to know more about or just combine many times. I know they can just combine them but sometimes they buy one thing and then decided to buy more. They pay double shipping and I need to email them or they email me to fix it.

Am I reading this wrong or is this the dumbest rule except for auto-sellers that never speak to anyone at all??

New seller protections help ensure your performance record is an accurate reflection of your great service:

New automatic 5-star Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) for Communication protects sellers from getting low DSRs when there was no communication at all. Starting in April, you'll get an automatic 5-star Communication DSR when you specify same-day or 1-day handling, upload tracking information by the end of the next business day, and no communication was needed between you and the buyer. Of course, friendly, prompt and informative communication is always important, so on transactions where buyer and seller communications do occur, the Communication DSR will be rated by the buyer.

Feedback left for a transaction where the buyer had an unpaid item recorded will be automatically removed.

Earlier this year, eBay started displaying an automatic message on the View Item page to buyers outside the US regarding customs-related delays and customs duties. Because of this, any Feedback from international buyers that only references customs issues will qualify for Feedback removal.

NoneOther 04-04-2012 03:36 AM

e/b do nothing by accident and everything by design, they KNOW that this will effect your DSR's and that's fine by them.

once again the self tightening noose is getting tighter.

rsot 04-04-2012 06:21 AM

eb is really trying to weed out.

NoneOther 04-04-2012 06:45 AM

The whole DSR thing by its very design makes it almost impossible to avoid falling foul of it eventually. It is designed and worded to encourage buyer the a 4 is a good score to leave when as we all know the 'acceptable' average is much higher.

GIven enough time and number of transactions it will get you for sure.

The more successful your account becomes the more it limits your margin for error and as I always say once it start to take a hit, which it will, the noose starts to tighten and e/b don't need to do anything because it will eventually lead to 'poor seller performance' and then your gone.

Sneakee 04-04-2012 01:55 PM

No, this new rule was good. Before there was no way to get an automatic 5 stars in communication. If they want to make a way to do so, that's fine by me.

Why would this upset anyone?

C.Japschin 04-04-2012 02:40 PM

I have quite a few buyers who need babying and reading classes. They can misread "do" with "don't" when the words are so different imo. Then they start msging me without looking at the words again.
So hopefully when buyers get to rate, when they asked so many redundant questions and get their answers, they rate me a 5.
Initially I didn't like the idea of 'if there are communications, then no auto 5.0 for communication.", but after having 2 buyers giving me a 1 for communication when no questions was asked, I did msg them the dc# even though they were auto updated, I kinda accepted that idea now.

NoneOther 04-04-2012 02:51 PM

I agree in some respects but the communication between parties includes time after the sale is completed as I understand it.

So if a buyer emails you to say thanks then you don't get the auto 5 star and that buyer can still think a 4 is a good score and gives you that instead.

Nothing is ever wholly fair with e/b

nebuspp 04-04-2012 05:54 PM

What Sneakee said is right on the dot.

Before, no 100% guarantee of 5-star on communication.
Now, possibility of 100% guaranteed 5-star on communication.

Why complain lol...doesn't make any sense. This would HELP your DSR rather than hurt it.

bansheezone 04-04-2012 07:20 PM

yep, works for me must print out those labels asap.

Cannabidiol 04-04-2012 07:28 PM

I think by ePay implementing this "new" "rule" is great for us sellers who ship items out promptly and keep a good communication with buyers.

When I purchase an item from a seller and receive a message thanking me for the business from the seller it shows me that there serious about there business which to me is a great practice. I will also do business with them again if everything else is sound. Just my opinion.:thumb:

KingRay 04-04-2012 10:33 PM

Some of you above arent reading this correctly at all.

You are NOT guaranteed 5 star DSR for good communication. You are guaranteed it for NOT communicating. Just sending items fast and no words between the buyer and seller. NOTHING. Not even a question or comment.

What if you have 3 different models of something and the buyer simply emails and says "which is best for what I need to use it for?" Then what?? Then you get the "possibility" of less than 5 stars is what it means..

The issue is that person or so that simply thinks 3 4 or 5 is good (which ebay says is good to the buyer) will hose you.

There is no way any larger company is going to follow all these BS rules. No way at all. Its probably just they are trying to weed out that 20% and dont want to do it quickly due to the backlash.

Can you imagine how much they lose by giving a discount like that? Just by making one rule probably makes them millions per month. Just a strategy in their eyes but dumb on our end.

Just take it away instead of making everyone play games and dance on eggshells.

KingRay 04-04-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannabidiol (Post 328447)
I think by ePay implementing this "new" "rule" is great for us sellers who ship items out promptly and keep a good communication with buyers.

When I purchase an item from a seller and receive a message thanking me for the business from the seller it shows me that there serious about there business which to me is a great practice. I will also do business with them again if everything else is sound. Just my opinion.:thumb:

Perfect example of my point.

You cant send them a thank you email now when that rule starts. It will throw away your automatic 5 stars and you will be at the mercy of HOPING the buyer will give you a 5 instead of a 3 which means they were "satisfied" with your communication.

Cannabidiol 04-05-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 328490)
Perfect example of my point.

You cant send them a thank you email now when that rule starts. It will throw away your automatic 5 stars and you will be at the mercy of HOPING the buyer will give you a 5 instead of a 3 which means they were "satisfied" with your communication.

my mistake i didn't understand

pod 04-05-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 328489)
You are guaranteed it for NOT communicating.

Its kind of ass backwards, yes. But all they are doing is making it so when there is no communication at all with buyer they have no right leaving a low mark

Its a small way to avoid people leaving 3s across the board because they think its "too blue" or they thought the toaster they bought made coffee....

Its not much. But it all helps when it comes to vengeful or irrational buyers. Getting a 2 for communication when there was never any is low budget. Add this to the free shipping auto 5 and it just leaves 2 to deal with.

The only one that carries any weight is item as described. The rest are stupid

"Shipping and handling charges" absolutely HAS to go!

1. People know the cost before they buy, so cant bitch
2. People think you can ship a refrigerator 3 day express for $12 so they are clueless
3. They knew the charge before they bought so shut the hell up
4. Did I note that people know the charges BEFORE they buy?

NoneOther 04-05-2012 10:24 AM

Agree on the shipping :thumb:

But it won't go :heh:

biggunn 04-06-2012 12:59 AM

Hmm... I don't know about this one. I've dealt with a lot of ebay sellers who could give a crap less about replying to your messages. Even when all you want is the tracking number. Still shocks me that TRS's hand write postage and never provide tracking... Amateur hour. So I am against automatic 5-star DSR's for communication.. Especially if a seller is asked a question.

Sneakee 04-06-2012 02:27 AM

Guys seriously, this new rule doesn't hurt anyone. It only helps. Sure, the rule could be better but for the time being it's better than never having a way to get an automatic 5-stars.

This with the automatic 5-stars w/ shipping time with 1-day tracking and 5-stars for shipping price when the cost was free shipping are all good things. For once!

We can only hope that Ebay will continue to move in this direction and make the 5-star ratings more easily attainable.

KingRay 04-06-2012 02:35 AM

I see everyone's thoughts and know it will affect people in different ways.

I just think why not give you auto 5 stars in communication if you answered an email within 24hrs or so or something as well. Maybe to push sellers to answer questions instead of ignore like many sellers do. I dont know. I cant change it so it was really just a vent posting.

I might just say the heck with 20% discount anyway. Not worth the hassle for all you have to do. I can spend that much energy pleasing ebay and make much more than what I save with that crap anyway. Probably most can as well.

according to their BS formula so they just do what ever anyway. I think the best match "formula" that they seem to not follow is BS too so that part doesnt even matter to me since ebay isnt consistent with what they say makes you appear higher on the list.

Sneakee 04-06-2012 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 328992)
I see everyone's thoughts and know it will affect people in different ways.

I just think why not give you auto 5 stars in communication if you answered an email within 24hrs or so or something as well. Maybe to push sellers to answer questions instead of ignore like many sellers do. I dont know. I cant change it so it was really just a vent posting.

I might just say the heck with 20% discount anyway. Not worth the hassle for all you have to do. I can spend that much energy pleasing ebay and make much more than what I save with that crap anyway. Probably most can as well.

according to their BS formula so they just do what ever anyway. I think the best match "formula" that they seem to not follow is BS too so that part doesnt even matter to me since ebay isnt consistent with what they say makes you appear higher on the list.

Now I completely agree with this. I think it should be like you said BUT I think the "no communication" at all should always get a 5-stars as well. So this rule does help and no one is forced to participate in it. If you rather send your buyer a "Thank You" note go ahead. Communication is one I never worried about anyways.

Edit to add:

Also, I don't see anywhere that says if you do send your buyer a note that it will automatically not give you 5-stars. I think it's only when the buyer sends you a message that it's triggered to not give you an auto 5 stars.

Could be wrong. We'll see how it plays out.