eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   I think this account is a history... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/46080-i-think-account-history.html)

newjerseymax 05-08-2012 01:33 PM

I think this account is a history...

One of my account 4yrs has been pretty smooth... No refunds.... Maybe one case in the past that was resolved fairly quickly after contact with buyer...

Then suddenly this week I get a case (no prior contact) item arrived damaged. I immediately refund. Same day I get a transaction payment on hold. Paypal investigating the buyer as they may suspect it is fraud. I provided all shipping info and after a few days they release payment and everything is good. Now yesterday I get a notice that buyer filed an unauthorized payment charge-back with credit card from January. No contact made. He even left gleaming feedback in January.

My options on paypal are to provide tracking number, which is already uploaded, however I provided it again. Now waiting. I know a charge-back with credit card is very bad. I cant even respond to what buyer claims are since I have no idea. Plus its from January.

I do have the ability to add additional notes.

Is there something else that I can add to the case? Something in notes? upload invoice? I don't wanna provide too much.

Also, 3 cases in a week is scary... You think it might be toast?

NJM

rsot 05-08-2012 02:31 PM

/quote

Now yesterday I get a notice that buyer filed an unauthorized payment charge-back with credit card from January

There is not much you can do to fight this off bud - sadly. It's up to pa yp al to put up a front and fight the charge but, most of the time, pp won't and will screw you =( Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

You will likely lose this one.

Thankful 05-08-2012 02:41 PM

rsot is correct, in most cases they tend to favour the buyer - it's not to say you won't win you may do - winning is as rare as opening up a new account with no limits :boink:

I myself have lost alot of cases like this in the past, have to cut your losses and move on sometimes, only time will tell now.

rsot 05-08-2012 03:29 PM

PP is lazy in that respect - much easier to hit the seller with the chargeback PLUS A DA*N administrative fee - rather than fight the CC company.

newjerseymax 05-08-2012 06:30 PM

Yea... I could even live with the loss of the funds at this point. But getting hit with 3 things in a row in one month is a hard hit. Now I have another customer saying box arrived smashed. Oh well let me work on my stealths... Makes me feel happier...lol

rsot 05-08-2012 07:45 PM

Out with the old and in with the new - you can do it pepsimax.

oge 05-08-2012 09:22 PM

pp has seller protection and it works if you use it right..... I've sold plenty of items over $250 and got signature confirmation then they end up doing a chargeback a few months later & I don't provide any more info to pp happened 3 different times pp said since I was a good boy they will eat the cost of the chargeback.......... let's be positive guys .....

btw NJM I hope you had your DC or SC if it was over $250 I'm sure you will win they also look into how quick you shipped it etc...

oompaloompa 05-09-2012 03:53 AM

Oge what is your method for making seller protection work for you?

Cos I got one of these unauth and I lost, I uploaded tracking etc and even had emails....it really upset me as it was alot of money and it was
an old great acc...

oge 05-09-2012 07:59 AM

I've only lost the ones under $250 and yes I win more some I lose some.