eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Nearby address and unique name (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/46324-nearby-address-unique-name.html)

tikade 05-14-2012 04:55 PM

Nearby address and unique name

So I am ready to open my first stealth (been lurking around here long enough:dance:)

Thing I am worried about is my name is quite unique , I can play about with my first name , but my second name no chance.

The address I am going to use is only 6 miles away from my main account address in another town

I haven't been suspended yet, just want to get some more accounts set up as back up and so I can start spreading things around a bit

So will they link me with nearby address and unusual name (slightly variated)

I read in another post similar area and similar name = red flag , this was a USA Member

Thanks

:juggle::juggle:

tikade 05-15-2012 09:50 AM

Anybody fancy chiming in ? ;)

GrannyT 05-15-2012 09:54 AM

Provided everything else is OK I cannot see why this should be a problem

:ranger:

Thankful 05-15-2012 09:54 AM

Nearby address would fly with a good variation name.

Why not a stealth name though, any reasons?

This a buying/selling account?

GreenBean 05-15-2012 09:55 AM

Provided you use a different IP should be good to go. Amend your DOB too

Wil be an advantage for limits later HeeHee :juggle:

tikade 05-15-2012 10:30 AM

And the flood gates opened , thanks guys ,

@ Thankful , good name variation with my name , impossible.
When you say stealth name , do you mean any name of my choice , totally different from my real name ?

I have 2 fresh bank account ready to go 1 is coop basic acc and the other is Halifax easy cash basic account , should these be ok with a totally different name ?

GrannyT 05-15-2012 10:32 AM

Both accounts are good

Normal stealth rules apply and you are cleared for take off

Have a pleasant flight

:ranger:

Thankful 05-15-2012 10:33 AM

I know co op basic acccount accepts payments coming in with different names from your bank name - same with halifax online saver accounts - not sure about halifax easy cash may want to check forum for that one.

Yeah i did mean completely different name from yours.

Stick your name variation for now, see how it goes, perhaps trying a different name later on in time.

A great learning curve:thumb:

GrannyT 05-15-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thankful (Post 341310)
I know co op basic acccount accepts payments coming in with different names from your bank name - same with halifax online saver accounts - not sure about halifax easy cash may want to check forum for that one.

Good to go

rsot 05-15-2012 10:42 AM

Thankful, GB and GTran are all wise on this. For the future, dont worry about nearby addresses causing a link..unless that address has been used before.

Sandy D 05-16-2012 11:51 AM

I dont use nearby addresses myself but it can work.

When you state nearby, meaning 2 houses away, 6 houses away etc?

For me I stay within 25-50 miles in most cases but do not use nearby addresses such as on the same street etc.

tikade 05-16-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 341800)
I dont use nearby addresses myself but it can work.

When you state nearby, meaning 2 houses away, 6 houses away etc?

For me I stay within 25-50 miles in most cases but do not use nearby addresses such as on the same street etc.

Thanks Sandy

The address is 6 miles away in another town , it's my surname I am worried about there's not many of us around , so I am thinking of just using a stealth name like thankful says.

It's just if I get limited and need to send docs in stealth name is nothing like ,so thats bye bye to that account

Like I said further up the page there is a post on here and it says similar name + nearby address = red flag , so reading this put me off using a slight name variation with the address 6 miles away

Sandy D 05-16-2012 02:42 PM

You really dont even have to use a slight variation if you understand how.

Stealth allows you to not worry about that.

Variations work if you are buying from the account and need a place to ship items to.

Dont worry, I was told by eb that we have 500 of my name with ebay accounts with that name which one are you?

tikade 05-16-2012 03:32 PM

Thanks again Sandy

This Saturday is the day then my first stealth (I've only been researching on here for a year) :doh:

Wish me luck :dance:

pitviper 05-16-2012 03:41 PM

Name variations

Im still working on setting up stealth but have a hundred questions. I want to get it right the first time. I also cant use a good name variation, because of uniqueness. I googled my name and only 2 people in usa have same name :( so that sux. But i was thinking if i use a very close first name, and a sloght variation of last name it can work. Just thinking that maybe with the bank account transfers to be smooth. What do u guys think?

Also i have address in mind which is very close by, but different street name and all. In close i mean i can see it from my house. Its abandoned tho.

Sandy D 05-16-2012 03:44 PM

Again, no need to use a variation or use a house across the street at all.

tikade 05-16-2012 03:51 PM

Pitviper , like the guys are saying the address doesn't have to be close and you can use any name.

My worry with any name was the bank transfers and names on the account , but these guys on here know what there talking about , you just need to make sure your bank in the US is good to go with a different name

I think I was trying to set the account up to clean :eek:

tikade 05-16-2012 03:53 PM

@pitviper , just keep reading the posts on here , you can get so much from them , think I've read the stealth manual 9 times now :clap:

pitviper 05-16-2012 08:17 PM

@sandy

Ok. I have a good stealth name in mind fine. Do u suggest its better to have address out of area or in same town? Returns concern me, and i read up on how to work around that and all. Just paranoid. I know a bunch of housesmin town, owned by a company that are all,abandoned. Thing is this is a smaller town. No ups store, etc. just po boxes, which people dont recommend. Any suggestions pm me please. Other thing is how to get around docs. I have ideas though.

rsot 05-17-2012 09:37 AM

If concerned about returns, use an address for which you have access.