eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Which computer for ebay stealthing..? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/46476-computer-ebay-stealthing.html)

bigbill 05-18-2012 03:30 AM

Which computer for ebay stealthing..?

For the past 2-3 years for my stealth accounts I have been using a windows desktop computer with 17" flat monitor which i bought manufactured refurbished and paid £120 for on ebay.

I want to upgrade as this computer is now running a bit slow and getting a bit dated (i never download anything and I do not sure this computer for anything but stealthing on ebay).

I am not the best with computers, so could anyone recommend how much to spend on a new desktop PC, what size of RAM/Memory and make I should be looking for. I need the computer to be fast and capable of running multiple stealth accounts.

Thanks

TGMT² 05-18-2012 04:47 AM

Any Quad Core computer with a minimum of 4G of RAM will do you fine, and in this day and age...there really are no bad computer manufacturers.

Many new ones are available for under $400.

I find many Quad Core computers at garage sales for $10-$30 each, so I'm sure you can find used ones on a venue like Craigslist for around $100.

bigbill 05-18-2012 04:55 AM

4GB of RAM... i shall have a look at some refurbished ones on ebay. And i suppose memory doesn't really matter if i am just using it for stealthing will it...

yotano211 05-18-2012 06:06 AM

Are you looking for a laptop or a desktop?

If your only going to be running many stealth accounts and want faster log off/on times and switching between accounts I would also install a small SSD hard drive. They are much faster than any mechanical hard drive. A small 60-100gb SSD drive is perfect for your needs. They usually run about $1/gb these days on ebay, brand new. You will save lots of time with this small upgrade, well worth it.

If you need any more help, PM me. I used to be a Mod for a laptop forum and I still keep up to date on this.

Your timing might be perfect cuz new designs are just coming out this month. A new cpu design from Intel, Ivy Bridges, comes out in June and new graphics cards from AMD and Nvidia are on the way late this month and early next. You might find some really sweat deals on a brand new laptop from the previous generation.

AMD has the APU aka processor and graphics in one, called Trinity coming out in a few months. Those laptops are expected to sell for $600-650, but since the UK also gets screwed on prices you will pay a little more, oh and convert that to pounds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willkeelham (Post 342458)
4GB of RAM... i shall have a look at some refurbished ones on ebay. And i suppose memory doesn't really matter if i am just using it for stealthing will it...

The memory speed is not the main problem for your uses. Any speed of 4gb of DDR3 memory is perfect for your needs. Your main problem is going to be the speed of the hard drive when running multiple stealth accounts and logging in and out.

BubbleTea 05-19-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 342480)
Are you looking for a laptop or a desktop?

If your only going to be running many stealth accounts and want faster log off/on times and switching between accounts I would also install a small SSD hard drive. They are much faster than any mechanical hard drive. A small 60-100gb SSD drive is perfect for your needs. They usually run about $1/gb these days on ebay, brand new. You will save lots of time with this small upgrade, well worth it.

If you need any more help, PM me. I used to be a Mod for a laptop forum and I still keep up to date on this.

The memory speed is not the main problem for your uses. Any speed of 4gb of DDR3 memory is perfect for your needs. Your main problem is going to be the speed of the hard drive when running multiple stealth accounts and logging in and out.

I'd back up what Yotano said about the SSD drive... that's gonna make you log on/ log off and account switching faster.
However, I don't think the time savings is significant unless you need to switch accounts 20 times a day.

Yotano, are you good with Macs as well?
It seems that most people here are PC users and I need help setting up VPS on my Mac.

yotano211 05-19-2012 09:58 PM

Sorry, but I have never even touched a Mac. Closest thing to touching a Mac in the same company (apple) was an iphone.

I am a hardware enthusiast and Macs don't bring the best hardware.

moneyhustler88 05-19-2012 10:44 PM

i got window and mac..and i have to say mac is amazing..but its equal to windows..o feel amd

yotano211 05-20-2012 07:36 AM

The processors on Macs are fine, I am mostly talking about the graphics on all Macs. They are all mid-level performance. When I play games, I like to crank the graphics and resolution to max. That and I do folding@home so want a fast graphics card.

JomJarr 05-25-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGMT² (Post 342456)
Any Quad Core computer with a minimum of 4G of RAM will do you fine, and in this day and age...there really are no bad computer manufacturers.

Many new ones are available for under $400.

UHH?? Quad core for accessing eB?

I'm using a Pentium 4 1.7GHz Dell that I made out of two free Dell laptops from the local recycling area.

My latest recycling find is a dual core duo, so I'll assign this single core duo I'm on now over to eB duties soon enough with the new find as my regular pc.

The only thing you need is to be able to load up photos of items and run excel occasionally for logging IPs. Perhaps some music in the background to bop to at the same time.

Network/internet access speed is the key (a modern dongle - my PCMCIA freebe dongle is sllooowww) and then second to that is connectivity to your camera/memory card (use a USB card reader).

That's it! Any old P4 or G4 can do the job fine - don't spend anything unless you want the PC for other things too.

sleepyboyz 05-25-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schrib (Post 342986)
i got window and mac..and i have to say mac is amazing..but its equal to windows..o feel amd

Yes, Mac OS is much better than Windows OS. It's more stable. You will know wt I'm talking about when you use it for film/animation editing.

moneyhustler88 05-25-2012 04:16 PM

i agree somewhat. As a owner of 5 laptops and 3 PCs..i find that even the old computers are good but yes slow. I think a basic computer for £200-300 will do the job to be honest for just stealthing. However i use a windows i5 toshiba laptop for stealthing, and it's pretty good to be honest and fast. i can switch users/log on and off from stealth to stealh within 1-2 minutes. The thing i will say is, yes mac is more reliable as a platform/os/computer..but I think one important think to note is tethering with a mac is a hell of alot more compliicated..than with windows, where it's alot more simplier. i don't know how you'll obviously be stealthing, but obviously this is a factor to take into consideration..

BubbleTea 05-25-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneyhustler88 (Post 344835)
but I think one important think to note is tethering with a mac is a hell of alot more compliicated..than with windows, where it's alot more simplier.

My friend, I tether with a Mac, and also with a PC.
PC is a pain, no matter what you do with it.
Tethering is fast and easy on Mac...
One click on the bluetooth icon at the top.
Mouse over the device name and this is the second click on "Connect to network".
2 clicks and no need to go hunting everywhere....
Everything is right in front of you, no matter what screen you are looking at.
Please tell me how is this "a hell of a lot more complicated".

With the PC, it's only OK when I set up a shortcut on the desktop.
Then I double-click it.
But that is one more item to add to desktop clutter.
I don't need to have this on Mac.

And ohhh... if you don't set up this shortcut...
it is a pain... it is a pain......

Oh, there was once there was something I could click on the taskbar to connect, i think.... but God know what is going on with PC...
Using PC is like playing treasure hunt.
Just drives me crazy.

moneyhustler88 05-25-2012 07:21 PM

Yeah well i don't know but i tried tethering with my mac for blackberry and it's hell of alot more technical than windows! not sure what you tether with? but for mac you have to go into system preferences..then bluetooth..then put this in..that in..it's just like 5-10 minutes to tether..but on windows u just load up bb desktop manager..click connect bang your done..ip burger (to check ya ip) and your good to go..so i'm talking about tethering on bb mainly..ALOT more complicated on mac than windows,.

BubbleTea 05-25-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneyhustler88 (Post 344873)
Yeah well i don't know but i tried tethering with my mac for blackberry and it's hell of alot more technical than windows! not sure what you tether with? but for mac you have to go into system preferences..then bluetooth..then put this in..that in..it's just like 5-10 minutes to tether..but on windows u just load up bb desktop manager..click connect bang your done..ip burger (to check ya ip) and your good to go..so i'm talking about tethering on bb mainly..ALOT more complicated on mac than windows,.

I tether with iPhone 3GS via bluetooth.
The is a bluetooth icon at the top right.
Click on that and turn it on, click "set up bluetooth device".
Obviously turn on the bluetooth on your device aka BB too.
Do the usual bluetooth pairing thing.
Then the device appears when you click on the bluetooth icon, mouse over your device and click on "connect to network".
That's it.

In future, you will just need to turn on the bluetooth if it isn't, then just click on that, mouse over device and click "connect to network". - Simple.

I'm not sure if you had to go into the network preferences thing the first time setting up.
But if so, just click on the wifi icon, and you can click on network prefs there, then just click on the bluetooth PAN.
That's it.

Everything is simple.
Everything is right in front of my eyes and can be accessed easily on Mac.

On PC, they make me do a treasure hunt and gooseberry chase.
I just keep thinking "where the f**k is this, where the f**k is that... ".
Lots of distress.