eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Accidentally log on to my new ebay account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/46590-accidentally-log-my-new-ebay-account.html)

loveajin 05-21-2012 10:41 AM

Accidentally log on to my new ebay account

My old personal ebay account was suspended last summer. I used a stealth account to get back on ebay again since last November. I had no problems.

However, this morning I made a mistake by log into my stealth account using my work computer, which I used for my suspended account before. On this computer, I did clean up the cookies and started to use FireFox for ebay browsing (I used IE before) without log into my account. I clean up history every time I close out the brower. The IP address does not change for my work computer.

Would this cause me my stealth account or ebay would not view this as anything as long as I don't make the same mistake again?

Thank you for all your help

Bunneh 05-21-2012 10:49 AM

If you have logged into your OLD suspended account
at your work address, I would not log into your NEW stealth account at your work address, since your IP address DOES NOT change.
That will definitely cause a link.

You will get suspended, so i would suggest you not do that.:nono:

BiN4RY 05-21-2012 10:58 AM

eBay doesn't care about IPs as much if a bad account was used on it long ago, but I still would not risk it. However making a small mistake is fine, but not if you were to repeat it.

loveajin 05-21-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 343375)
If you have logged into your OLD suspended account
at your work address, I would not log into your NEW stealth account at your work address, since your IP address DOES NOT change.
That will definitely cause a link.

You will get suspended, so i would suggest you not do that.:nono:

I used my work computer accidentally to log into my new account with the same IP address. But I have not logged into my old account from the FireFox browser at all and I definitely would not do that in the future.

Also, at my office, we have hundreds of people working in this location so how would they know I am the same person linked to the suspended account?

So are you saying that just for this one time, they've already linked my new account with the old?

Thank you

loveajin 05-21-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 343376)
eBay doesn't care about IPs as much if a bad account was used on it long ago, but I still would not risk it. However making a small mistake is fine, but not if you were to repeat it.

Thank you! I feel a little better. I was on the phone with my hubby and didn't even think about not to log onto my account. I justed wanted to browse for some items.... Never do that again :nono: