eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Email from PayPal "Bank Account Invalid" What to do now? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/46607-email-paypal-bank-account-invalid-what-do-now.html)

Freddyferdinand 05-21-2012 06:22 PM

Email from PayPal "Bank Account Invalid" What to do now?

I opened my 3rd stealth PayPal account the other day and used my regular ANZ bank account for verification. I just received the message for this account : "Bank Account Invalid", What to do now?

I am assuming its because the surname on my bank account differs slightly from the surname provided to Paypal. Its not that different though only added one letter to it.

Has anyone else had this kind of response when trying to verify an ANZ account with Paypal?

The PayPal e-mail that was received was:

The two deposits that PayPal sent to your bank account as part of the bank confirmation process were returned to us for the following reason:

Your Bank has reported a problem.
If you feel this rejection is in error, you may also email PayPal Customer Service to confirm this bank account by going to:

https://www.paypal.com/au/wf/f=act_verifyba

Sincerely,
PayPal

Any advise would really be appreciated....

yotano211 05-21-2012 06:38 PM

Check to see if you put down checking or savings with paypal and the type of account at the bank. Sometimes that happens, maybe you put down savings but your bank account is checking. Someone confirmed for me that if that happens the bank employees would need to manually adjust it. If not, the entire process is automated if nothing is wrong.

Freddyferdinand 05-21-2012 07:14 PM

Cheers mate, I think that could be it!
Much appreciated

Freddyferdinand 05-23-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 343530)
Check to see if you put down checking or savings with paypal and the type of account at the bank. Sometimes that happens, maybe you put down savings but your bank account is checking. Someone confirmed for me that if that happens the bank employees would need to manually adjust it. If not, the entire process is automated if nothing is wrong.

Just another question, if i submit bank details a 2nd time and get the same error message after checking the cheque or savings status of the account .. Will it be safe to try again with another bank account? Or should I abandon this PP account and fire up a new Paypal account?

Cheers

GreenBean 05-23-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddyferdinand (Post 343525)
I opened my 3rd stealth PayPal account the other day and used my regular ANZ bank account for verification. I just received the message for this account : "Bank Account Invalid", What to do now?

Define the bold type.

No way can you use a bank account on more than one paypal.

What exactly have you done? :spy:

yotano211 05-23-2012 08:20 AM

Well you can only use 1 bank account per paypal account. You cant reuse an old bank account that is already used on another paypal account, they won't let you.

oge 05-23-2012 09:27 AM

Sounds like the bank account is closed that's the only time I get that message.

GreenBean 05-23-2012 09:38 AM

Bank account should be closed if it's the THIRD time it got used ;)

Freddyferdinand 05-23-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 343903)
Define the bold type.

No way can you use a bank account on more than one paypal.

What exactly have you done? :spy:

Hi,

Apologies, I just re-read what I wrote in the OP..
The account i used has not been used previously with Paypal.

The verification deposits just came through this morning, so all good now.
I was thinking that the problem was due to my Paypal name being too disimilar to the name on my bank account.

The problem was as stated earlier in this thread.. i must have put the bank account as 'savings' and not 'cheque'.
I re-entered the details correctly and deposits came through.

Cheers

GreenBean 05-23-2012 07:02 PM

Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great news :D

newjerseymax 05-23-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddyferdinand (Post 343525)

I am assuming its because the surname on my bank account differs slightly from the surname provided to Paypal. Its not that different though only added one letter to it.

Has anyone else had this kind of response when trying to verify an ANZ account with Paypal?

The PayPal e-mail that was received was:

The two deposits that PayPal sent to your bank account as part of the bank confirmation process were returned to us for the following reason:

Your Bank has reported a problem.
If you feel this rejection is in error, you may also email PayPal Customer Service to confirm this bank account by going to:

https://www.paypal.com/au/wf/f=act_verifyba

Sincerely,
PayPal

Any advise would really be appreciated....

Thank you once again confirming what I have said in previous threads...
Banks are now REQUIRED to notify paypal if the Trans Number doesn't match... (Checking/Savings)