eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Found an old ebay account of mine! Now what? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/48348-found-old-ebay-account-mine-now-what.html)

totallylegit 07-08-2012 02:05 AM

Found an old ebay account of mine! Now what?

It just hit me today, I did have another account from ages ago. I started going into my old email accounts, searched for Ebay (I changed my IP and created another user account on the computer before doing this thanks to stealth guide) I found it. I created this account in 2005 it turns out. I don't remember what went wrong with it, if anything?? I wasn't selling on ebay, I was only buying things here and there but I did sell a piece of equipment for $10.000 at one time, the buyer came in, paid cash so maybe i never cancelled that transaction or never paid the fees or something! Well, I tried listing an item today and the limits are 100/$5000, so far so good.
I studied the account thoroughly, here is what I have; the address is no longer valid, I don't remember the phone numbers registered, I never signed in for 5 years at least but looks like I have (9) next to my screenname but 0% positive feedback. What does that mean?

Here is the weird part, I have seen a link to paypal and that email address is my actual email address, I still use it. Plus I use my real name on the ebay account I have been selling from for 2 years now. So if this old account i found was restricted or banned how was I able to use my real name on the account I have now without problems? So it seems like my paypal was suspended but Ebay account was spared at that time.
The paypal that is linked to this old ebay account is real. Real info/real email , etc.. It was restricted ages ago due to not providing invoices. Again, I was not selling on ebay but I didn't want to pay for the cash advance fee when I needed it and I used paypal instead, that was the reason. Valid one I might add.

What should I not do? I will be careful and start slow with selling, pay my fees with a pre-paid card before they are due, keep track of the IP's used, always delete the cookies, only log in from a dedicated user account, etc. I will do all that for sure but I am not sure if that's enough. I do not want to remove the link to paypal account, I do not want to change anything period for a while. Am I on the right track here? Or am I missing some big piece or something, my head is spinning still from the joy! Finding an account when you need it the most! Viola. Slap me if I need to be slapped please, I can take it.

Nissan2nr22 07-08-2012 02:13 PM

Welcome to the forums

totallylegit 07-08-2012 02:32 PM

Thank you. I am so afraid of doing anything else with this old but new account so I will stay on this forum and keep reading all day long like I have been doing for weeks now, until I am 100% sure. But we are never that sure, at least I am not!! Couple more weeks on this forum and I will have to head down to my headdoctor for anxiety and paranoia :noidea:

Sandy D 07-08-2012 02:44 PM

I would not touch that account until you have an idea.

Just to let you know I was a slow learner when I came here.

I spend 4-8 hours or more every single day for an entire year on this board.

When my DH and kids went to bed I stayed up until 5 am reading and getting up at 7 to get kids ready for school.

I was determined to learn and could not grasp the hang of it.

It took me a solid year to finally understand the entire idea.

Sad part is I made a stealth account in 2003 and did not think that I had already done something that I did not realize just how stupid I was to not look into it further.

3 years later and I have a very successful business, tons of accounts, never lose accounts and understand what I need to do to succeed.

Someone here posted, hey Sandy, read until your eyes bleed.

And I did, solid for one full year.

Now I am here all day long, on and off.

This board and its members taught me a lot and my point is you will learn in time, do not let things stress you out because you cannot think clear when you are stressed.

It will come to you, put in the effort and reap the rewards.

It can be done, you just have to do the work.

Goodluck!

Sandy D 07-08-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totallylegit (Post 357661)
It just hit me today, I did have another account from ages ago. I started going into my old email accounts, searched for Ebay (I changed my IP and created another user account on the computer before doing this thanks to stealth guide) I found it. I created this account in 2005 it turns out. I don't remember what went wrong with it, if anything?? I wasn't selling on ebay, I was only buying things here and there but I did sell a piece of equipment for $10.000 at one time, the buyer came in, paid cash so maybe i never cancelled that transaction or never paid the fees or something! Well, I tried listing an item today and the limits are 100/$5000, so far so good.
I studied the account thoroughly, here is what I have; the address is no longer valid, I don't remember the phone numbers registered, I never signed in for 5 years at least but looks like I have (9) next to my screenname but 0% positive feedback. What does that mean?

The 0% is because you have not used it in the last 12 months.

Here is the weird part, I have seen a link to paypal and that email address is my actual email address, I still use it. Plus I use my real name on the ebay account I have been selling from for 2 years now. So if this old account i found was restricted or banned how was I able to use my real name on the account I have now without problems? So it seems like my paypal was suspended but Ebay account was spared at that time.

The paypal that is linked to this old ebay account is real. Real info/real email , etc.. It was restricted ages ago due to not providing invoices. Again, I was not selling on ebay but I didn't want to pay for the cash advance fee when I needed it and I used paypal instead, that was the reason. Valid one I might add.

What should I not do? I will be careful and start slow with selling, pay my fees with a pre-paid card before they are due, keep track of the IP's used, always delete the cookies,

Why delete the cookies? once you have a dedicated user account and checked the IPs do not delete the cookies.

only log in from a dedicated user account, etc. I will do all that for sure but I am not sure if that's enough. I do not want to remove the link to paypal account, I do not want to change anything period for a while. Am I on the right track here? Or am I missing some big piece or something, my head is spinning still from the joy! Finding an account when you need it the most! Viola. Slap me if I need to be slapped please, I can take it.

Once you understand how to keep the account separated go slow, if you list a ton of items it will be flagged.

totallylegit 07-08-2012 04:19 PM

Sandy, thank you so much for your input, much appreciated. I have been reading your posts for over a month now, I just registered and bought the stealth book 2 weeks ago. I am the queen of pulling allnighters, I am known to be a workaholic. I never expect anything to be handed to me. I bought my first business when I was 23, then I built 3 more from scratch over the course of 10 years. I did have a good run, had over 25 employees and I still worked 15-20 hours a day. EVERYDAY. I never cried about not being able to take a vacation for 3 years at least, not once, though my ex bf did a lot ;).
I personally managed all locations, didn't even use a bookkeeper or a real manager. Last year I lost all of them, 12 years of hard work is gone but I am still collecting the fruits of it. So its not all gone; I can apply anything/everything I learned from running my own small business to anything I do these days.
With all that said, I envy you A LOT. :hail: How do you do it? I know you shop, list and manage all accounts, create new ones, cook, drop off the kids, play with the husband, then there is your booths at antique malls, your CL sales, meeting all those people, etc.. HOW? Until I've found you here I thought I was doing really well with managing my time and multitasking. I was told I did too much, everyone admired my work ethics, they couldn't believe I did all that work by myself and still had lots of fun while doing.

After reading your posts I feel like a lazy bum no matter what others think of me, I better shape up and change gears here. Thank you so much for the encouragement, means a lot. We are so lucky to have someone like you here:cheer:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 357773)
I would not touch that account until you have an idea.

Just to let you know I was a slow learner when I came here.

I spend 4-8 hours or more every single day for an entire year on this board.

When my DH and kids went to bed I stayed up until 5 am reading and getting up at 7 to get kids ready for school.

I was determined to learn and could not grasp the hang of it.

It took me a solid year to finally understand the entire idea.

Sad part is I made a stealth account in 2003 and did not think that I had already done something that I did not realize just how stupid I was to not look into it further.

3 years later and I have a very successful business, tons of accounts, never lose accounts and understand what I need to do to succeed.

Someone here posted, hey Sandy, read until your eyes bleed.

And I did, solid for one full year.

Now I am here all day long, on and off.

This board and its members taught me a lot and my point is you will learn in time, do not let things stress you out because you cannot think clear when you are stressed.

It will come to you, put in the effort and reap the rewards.

It can be done, you just have to do the work.

Goodluck!

Sandy D 07-08-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totallylegit (Post 357797)
Sandy, thank you so much for your input, much appreciated. I have been reading your posts for over a month now, I just registered and bought the stealth book 2 weeks ago. I am the queen of pulling allnighters, I am known to be a workaholic. I never expect anything to be handed to me. I bought my first business when I was 23, then I built 3 more from scratch over the course of 10 years. I did have a good run, had over 25 employees and I still worked 15-20 hours a day. EVERYDAY. I never cried about not being able to take a vacation for 3 years at least, not once, though my ex bf did a lot ;).
I personally managed all locations, didn't even use a bookkeeper or a real manager. Last year I lost all of them, 12 years of hard work is gone but I am still collecting the fruits of it. So its not all gone; I can apply anything/everything I learned from running my own small business to anything I do these days.

So you can use that experience to build once again.

With all that said, I envy you A LOT. :hail: How do you do it?

Thank you.

I know you shop, list and manage all accounts, create new ones, cook, drop off the kids, play with the husband, then there is your booths at antique malls, your CL sales, meeting all those people, etc.. HOW?

I love it. I have fun doing it and work around my family who comes first. I have my laptop wherever they are. If I am cooking it is on, if I am swimming with them it is on. PITA sometimes but it has to be done.

Until I've found you here I thought I was doing really well with managing my time and multitasking. I was told I did too much, everyone admired my work ethics, they couldn't believe I did all that work by myself and still had lots of fun while doing.

When you do not have fun or enjoy it, it is time to quit.

After reading your posts I feel like a lazy bum no matter what others think of me, I better shape up and change gears here. Thank you so much for the encouragement, means a lot.

I hope I did encourage you because as someone who has been down and out and recovered, from experience I wont go back there again, never.

We are so lucky to have someone like you here:cheer:

Thank you.

I hope to encourage others. It is what I am all about. I cannot stand it when someone says they worked on ebay for 2 hours and felt that was too much time.

You get out of things what you put in.

Right now, I am working harder then ever building.

I do take breaks, I do take vacations and I do spend time with my family.
I just organize myself around them.

Many others here who inspired me in 2009 and I have not forgotten the success stories.

Be careful with the old account. Let it sit if you have to until you understand things better.

Not worth risking it.