An Ever increasing amount of "says delivered" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default An Ever increasing amount of "says delivered"

But i never received it.. What's going on lately? Is it worth the hassles? I mean, they are just going to neg me... Otherwise?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-21-2012

Longevity: 77%

Do you mean buyers saying item not received?

Really sucks but what can you do, you have to play the game.

If its not worth sending them signature required then your open to this kind of abuse.
Old 08-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
But i never received it.. What's going on lately? Is it worth the hassles? I mean, they are just going to neg me... Otherwise?

If you are moaning about buyers not receiving their items, maybe you are mucking up their addresses? Certainly might be so if this post is any indication

Value of item,
type of delviery
delivery location

Just a few facts that might help others reply

Old 08-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 76%

GB,

This is something all too often in the USA when dealing with USPS. I have a massive issue with this and have had no other way to deal with it over the years other than issue refunds and take the loss. While I never hear of this happening with UPS or FedEx, many of us simply cannot afford to pay for their services when selling a high volume of products or many small items.

USPS will do absolutely nothing about it, especially since they will all say delivered to the proper address. I have never been able to find a solution. All I can recommend to the OP is be very careful about sending any more products to these same customers. Whether they are scamming you or being completely innocent, sending replacements to the exact same address only seem to follow the same fate of totally disappearing. Since my products are cheaper, I have tested this with many customers and not one has every actually received the item despite sending multiples.

Because of the frequency of this issue, I don't recommend engaging in "Item Not Delivered" cases. All it will do is draw major attention to your account and we all know that too many cases opened on any one account can easily shut you down permanently.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (08-21-2012)
Old 08-21-2012

Longevity: 77%

Same in the UK with royal mail. If you don't use the sign for service then your up the creek without a paddle.

INR is the bain of my life sometimes....

Like with most things on ebay its there playing field so unfortunately you must play by there rules.

Cant complain really, it gets us nowhere and as we all know the pros outweigh the cons right?
Old 08-21-2012

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
GB,

This is something all too often in the USA when dealing with USPS. I have a massive issue with this and have had no other way to deal with it over the years other than issue refunds and take the loss. While I never hear of this happening with UPS or FedEx, many of us simply cannot afford to pay for their services when selling a high volume of products or many small items.

USPS will do absolutely nothing about it, especially since they will all say delivered to the proper address. I have never been able to find a solution. All I can recommend to the OP is be very careful about sending any more products to these same customers. Whether they are scamming you or being completely innocent, sending replacements to the exact same address only seem to follow the same fate of totally disappearing. Since my products are cheaper, I have tested this with many customers and not one has every actually received the item despite sending multiples.

Because of the frequency of this issue, I don't recommend engaging in "Item Not Delivered" cases. All it will do is draw major attention to your account and we all know that too many cases opened on any one account can easily shut you down permanently.
Desperate Times = Desperate People

I hate to speak the truth but fact is... crime rate is on the rise..scammers, scoundrels, rippers, con-artists,etc are multiplying each and every day as this economy continues to dive. Dont believe what the "mainstream" news spoon feeds you daily neither..not sure if you know this but there was some new subtle tiny adjustments to some laws that allow the government to censor much more than ever before in what can be published by all mainstream news outlets. In other words - Things are a lot worse than advertised..we are not out of a recession, in fact we are in a depression ..you just been told things are not so bad and Obama and his henchmen have made sure before election time that things seem "not so bad" and "getting better"....it's all lies, all lies.

So just be prepared to deal with this kind of thing when doing business with strangers online because its much more convenient for these idiots to get over on people using the www. (wild wild west).
The Following User Says Thank You to Moegames For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (08-21-2012)
Old 08-21-2012

Longevity: 82%

I been a long time ebayer, amazoner,etc and i noticed a HUGE rise in new scams going around much more lately..pretty much started to sky rocket around 2008 or so and its getting really bad.

Make sure you got your ebay preferrences set good for not allowing certain buyers buying your goods you sell..it helps a bit but even still...there are so many scammers on ebay now days with dozen's of accounts and groups working together its just getting ridiculous. I am sure a lot of the peeps in these forums already know what i am talking about and you can get things a bit under control over time from experience ..unfortunately it'll take some losses to understand and see these things.

I just recently caught a scammer on ebay with 100% feedback/zero neg.. using the same routine on people he bought from..he would buy an certain item and this particular item has a some-what expensive part in it and he would "in a very very nice and polite way" ....send a message after receiving the item telling you that this particular part in the item was defective and asked "kindly" to have just the part replaced by shipping him the replacement part..of course this is all before any pos or neg feedback is left for the seller and any disputes filed,etc...so he would get the replacement part sent to him or the amount of the cost of the part sent via paypal via funds. After that..he would leave good feedback and all was good. Unfortunately for him...he ran into the wrong person two more times on two more ebay accounts doing the same thing and unfortunately for him..he's no longer on ebay, nor the other 3 people working with him in this scheme. It was actually turned into a rather serious investigation shortly afterwards and things got deep and heavy. I know of a few other sellers that i personal know that sold/sell the same goods from time to time or full time that were also good upstanding people that ran into this ring of scoundrels after i initially caught him and reported him..i got a hold of a few of these other sellers and sure enough..same thing ....and with that, authorities actually got involved

This is just one of many ways these fools will get you now days...there are so many ways to rip people and the sad thing about it all is most of the time the buyer wins..most of you guys know this. Things need to change with the times we are living in...seriously. I am sure it is a hard thing to solve for ebay and paypal but there is just far too many rippers out there now days and now days you are simply pressing your luck or rolling the dice when selling UNLESS you been around the block and been there done that..basically the newer sellers and even buyers that are honest..you will take some losses eventually...so be prepared but keep reading, keep tabs on the latest scams going on,etc..you MUST keep up to date on the latest scams. Its no different than the latest computer viruses going around..its no different than you having to update your anti-virus program for the latest exploits.

Also hackers are becoming more common these days..10 years ago there weren't as many hackers as you see today..now that computers are truly mainstream...the black hat hacking community has grown so big...that they have even infested sites like ebay as well...trust me i know. I was once into the hacking community back in the day..not to rip people off but just to see how far we could go with it as in getting into Microsoft's servers, and various other servers just for the thrill of it..no harm, nothing stolen ..we were just young and having fun...I say "we" because a lot of times much like myself.. hackers belong to a ring or a group although the lone hacker is just as dangerous..just not as organized.

PS: To the admins: You might want to upgrade to Vbulletin 4.0 or higher... vBulletin 3.8.x has a ton of exploits even with patches. I do web design and i write/code mods for vbulletin at vbulletin.org. I know vbulletin php/MySQL database code quite well...just a bit of advice.

Last edited by Moegames; 08-21-2012 at 02:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moegames For This Useful Post:
Javelin (08-22-2012)
Old 08-21-2012

Longevity: 68%

The pressures of having an online business go up every single day.
Old 08-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

i do not know the price of the items you are selling but signature confirmation would be a suggestion. USPS is a mess. i know the manager at the local office and he told me that sometimes delivery men just leave huge packages on people's porches without anyone signing for them. he said signature confirmation was the only way to definitely have things delivered with no problem. i was selling high enough value items where it did not make much of a difference for me but i know that this does not work for everyone.
Old 08-21-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 81%

Thanks for the advice, the buyer didn't request a replacement... Just said they want a refund... and they never really got it, but it says delivered.. It's sad

I had a similar situation really happen with a fedex delivery from blue nile. I really didn't get it.. and they left a 600$ item on the door step. Blue nile refunded me too, i guess it's just the best practice in business. I will issue the refund, as much as it pains me :(
Old 08-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Refund is the best option and ends the situation as quickly as possible before it escalates. As long as it isn't something worth hundreds or thousands of dollars of course. Cheap sh!t, always instant refund and move along.
Old 08-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames View Post
I just recently caught a scammer on ebay with 100% feedback/zero neg.. using the same routine on people he bought from..he would buy an certain item and this particular item has a some-what expensive part in it and he would "in a very very nice and polite way" ....send a message after receiving the item telling you that this particular part in the item was defective and asked "kindly" to have just the part replaced by shipping him the replacement part..of course this is all before any pos or neg feedback is left for the seller and any disputes filed,etc...so he would get the replacement part sent to him or the amount of the cost of the part sent via paypal via funds. After that..he would leave good feedback and all was good. Unfortunately for him...he ran into the wrong person two more times on two more ebay accounts doing the same thing and unfortunately for him..he's no longer on ebay, nor the other 3 people working with him in this scheme. It was actually turned into a rather serious investigation shortly afterwards and things got deep and heavy. I know of a few other sellers that i personal know that sold/sell the same goods from time to time or full time that were also good upstanding people that ran into this ring of scoundrels after i initially caught him and reported him..i got a hold of a few of these other sellers and sure enough..same thing ....and with that, authorities actually got involved
This reminds me of all the scams going on with Ap.ple products. People purchasing legit Ap.ple products, then opening cases to send refurbished or damaged products back to the seller and keeping the real working one. One guy doing it had 6,000 feedback and all positive. Luckily I knew exactly what he as doing by just searching his username history in Google and reviewing who he was buying from in his feedback.

Plus, it's never good when someone buys from you and then sends you a massive email in EB messages with all kinds of silly instructions/comments.
Old 08-21-2012

Longevity: 71%

I've had several disputes file for item not received when tracking shows delivered in their zip code. I have never lost one.

As long as the item is below 250.00 you will win. eBay requires you get a signature on anything over $250.00.

I have never lost a paypal dispute against me when tracking was provided showing it was delivered. If they leave negative feedback, eBay will remove it.