eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Parcels from China (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/50055-parcels-china.html)

John11uk 08-24-2012 11:45 AM

Parcels from China

Question to UK sellers who get a lot of parcels from China.

At the moment I'm getting 1 or 2 medium size parcels shipped from China once a month and never had any problems with customs. But I am planning on selling a bit more and looking at about 10-15 medium size and light boxes shipped every month. I'm thinking about spreading all parcels maybe thro 5 different addresses. What do you normally do? Do you get everything to your address or spread them too?

Ebayorbust 08-24-2012 02:41 PM

Depends very much on what you are importing.

If the stuff is legit (from China? Yeah right) then there should be no issues bringing it to your real address in any quantity.

If it's foo foo, you should not be getting anything delivered to your home address. If you are, well, good luck. . .

AmazonStealth 08-24-2012 03:08 PM

Small, medium, and large to you is not the same to everyone else. And it is also not size, but what is in the items, and depending on your carrier the value of the items. Large to you may be a 10 lb package and large to myself would be a shipping container (one on the back of a semi).

cass 08-29-2012 10:15 PM

By "problems" are you referring to paying import tax and VAT?

John11uk 08-30-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cass (Post 372066)
By "problems" are you referring to paying import tax and VAT?

I was referring to being seized by customs..

irishman 08-30-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juvy (Post 372177)
I was referring to being seized by customs..

I have a friend in china who supplies me with alot of goods. He also has multiple ebay stores in various countries from america, spain, italy ireland, uk to name a few and he is gettn most of his goods siezed coming into uk. not in other countries. he thinks its cos of olympics. I no longer let him ship me direct as im sure his goods arent legit however he is convinced they are legit.

GreenBean 09-01-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juvy (Post 370498)
Question to UK sellers who get a lot of parcels from China.

. What do you normally do? Do you get everything to your address or spread them too?

Never ship to your home address.

Keep the home safe always.:doh:

John11uk 09-01-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 372691)
Never ship to your home address.

Keep the home safe always.:doh:

That is my old post. :doh: I found answers I need and GB I do not ship to my home address :peace:

GreenBean 09-01-2012 07:11 PM

Very wise :thumb:

Hnguyenphi1981 09-01-2012 07:16 PM

What's wrong with shipping to your own address?

John11uk 09-02-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hnguyenphi1981 (Post 372805)

Depends on what are you shipping and how many, and many other things. I give you one of the reasons which might look absolutely ridiculous but this is really happening in UK. It makes me laugh so much sometimes :D When you shipping a lot you are attracting neighbors attention as well. Some are so hopeless and they get jealous. They think you are doing something dogy(without any idea what you really do) or making money and not paying tax.
They report you to a taxman or even police for doing "something suspicious" :D
I had an envelope dropped to my letter box by one of my neighbors asking if I pay tax for "business" I do.
While it may sound absolutely ridiculous it is happening and you never know what an idiot lives near you! Some are too lazy to work and just get benefits, they stay at home all day and watch what neighbors are up to.

EbanYtsa 09-02-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juvy (Post 373030)
Depends on what are you shipping and how many, and many other things. I give you one of the reasons which might look absolutely ridiculous but this is really happening in UK. It makes me laugh so much sometimes :D When you shipping a lot you are attracting neighbors attention as well. Some are so hopeless and they get jealous. They think you are doing something dogy(without any idea what you really do) or making money and not paying tax.
I had an envelope dropped to my letter box by one of my neighbors asking if I pay tax for "business" I do.
While it may sound absolutely ridiculous it is happening and you never know what an idiot lives near you! Some are too lazy to work and just get benefits, they stay at home all day and watch what neighbors are up to.

most foking american people report on each other like a charm:D

MM78 09-02-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juvy (Post 373030)

Wait...do we have the same neighbors? haha, this is so true. I have neighbors that literally tried to open a package that was left on my front door step, luckily I caught them before they actually fully opened my package. When people don't know "Exactly" what you do...they will try to find out one way or another.

mcmx 09-02-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hnguyenphi1981 (Post 372805)

--> :bump: