Patience with Accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-03-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Patience with Accounts

I have had 7 stealth accounts shut down recently in a 5 month time period. I would say I created a stealth account each month and would make sure the account was fully verified. It seems like when I wait over 30 days to list an item in which the item is usually something small like a Laptop charger that I don't need or a pack of pens......... I get restricted and Ebay ask me to call them to verify my information.

I created a Ebay account last year and I waited for like a good 6 months to list an item. In the mist of me waiting, I would surf the ebay account and Even bought one item on the account before I listed a high priced item. I am not sure if that made a difference but I am asking if patience is key to maintaining stealth accounts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-03-2012

Longevity: 68%

Everyone on the forum would suggest that patience is the key...however, from my own limited experience I am getting the impression that ebay and paypal have no fixed way of doing things and some members have great success with using and keeping their accounts, regardless of how they operate and others get hit and knocked down at the first hurdle.

Having said that, it seems that you need to go through the right processes at the start...

Recently I have found out the way to do things is register your PP first and buy some off ebay items first...

Then make and link the ebay account.

Start slowly by browsing around the site like a newbie would...then make some purchases.

Then start to sell your items, slowly. If you need to sell larger numbers use multiple accounts.

Change everything - pictures, text, fonts, what you say and how you used to say it when selling...

Obviously the basics - IP addresses, registered addresses, banks, credit cards, phone numbers all need to be different from the last account and certainly none should be linked to a previous downed account.

After that, its luck of the draw in my humble opinion. You could do something random whilst listing (quite innocently and unconciously) that gets you a limitation or account review. You could make a payment to someone else who has had troubles in the past with ebay and pp which gets your accounts flagged...anything really.

Just be ready to produce the relevant ID to them should they ask for it.

This has been just my experience and I am sure other more senior members will be along soon to give more relevant pointers.

But you are spot on with the patience thing - stealth takes time...it hurts, but think slowly and think twice about every move before making it. It will pay dividends in the long run.

Global
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Global For This Useful Post:
FourNines (09-03-2012), GreenBean (09-03-2012), yotano211 (09-03-2012)
Old 09-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

For me, yes.

I back that up with this story.

I joined in 2008. I got told, by an active user then, certain steps to take with accounts.

One of the first things was sell with a verified paypal and take my time to sell. I did the certain steps I was shown.

Guess what? All accounts are active today AND flourishing.

Regardless of the luck of other users and their methods, I like MY WAY.

That is the PATIENT way.

colt63 (09-03-2012), Global (09-03-2012)
Old 09-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global View Post
Everyone on the forum would suggest that patience is the key...however, from my own limited experience I am getting the impression that ebay and paypal have no fixed way of doing things and some members have great success with using and keeping their accounts, regardless of how they operate and others get hit and knocked down at the first hurdle.

Having said that, it seems that you need to go through the right processes at the start...

Recently I have found out the way to do things is register your PP first and buy some off ebay items first...

Then make and link the ebay account.

Start slowly by browsing around the site like a newbie would...then make some purchases.

Then start to sell your items, slowly. If you need to sell larger numbers use multiple accounts.

Change everything - pictures, text, fonts, what you say and how you used to say it when selling...

Obviously the basics - IP addresses, registered addresses, banks, credit cards, phone numbers all need to be different from the last account and certainly none should be linked to a previous downed account.

After that, its luck of the draw in my humble opinion. You could do something random whilst listing (quite innocently and unconciously) that gets you a limitation or account review. You could make a payment to someone else who has had troubles in the past with ebay and pp which gets your accounts flagged...anything really.

Just be ready to produce the relevant ID to them should they ask for it.

This has been just my experience and I am sure other more senior members will be along soon to give more relevant pointers.

But you are spot on with the patience thing - stealth takes time...it hurts, but think slowly and think twice about every move before making it. It will pay dividends in the long run.

Global

Its crazy because when I randomly did this method that you are taking about, my account didn't have any problems. Stealth account that is. Also I feel like they are just making it harder for people to sell on Ebay. They are trying to verify every detail of an account which is really not needed.
Old 09-03-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 79%

Hm, interesting, but I never used to be patient. Sometimes I start to sell after few days when account was created. I think red flag is bad item. There are items which are very risky to sell in a new account and some which don't.

Well maybe I am wrong, but don't think so that time after account was created and when you start selling has biggest infulence here.
Old 09-03-2012
Threadstarter  

I believe you still have to nurture the account though.
Old 09-03-2012

Longevity: 71%

I tend to do mine the other way, create EB then link with PP and have been OK as well.

And yes PATIENCE is the key