Recorded delivery - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-06-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Recorded delivery

Is there a scam going on or am I just unlucky?
A few weeks ago I got a message from Paypal saying they had taken funds from me because of unauthorised credit card payments. This comprised 3 purchases from the same buyer. I checked the recorded delivery info and found that one had been delivered and signed for whilst the other two were still in the system. I sent the recorded info to paypal. Eventually I got back one payment for the item which had been delivered. The other two I didn't get back and was charged £14 for ech of them for credit card charges. OK, I didn't argue, just put it down to experience.
However, a few days ago I got another one. Unauthorised payment. Checked it out. Was sent 4 weeks ago but never arrived. Looks like I'm going to lose another lot.
What I can't understand is that the majority of buyers would be on to me within days if their goods hadn't arrived. In these cases they both waited several weeks.
It just seems strange to me that an unauthorised credit card payment should coincide with post office inefficiency. Is there any alternative to the post office for sending goods which weigh less than 300 grams because I am swiftly losing faith in the PO?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-10-2012

It sounds like a scam to be honest.

More than likely the items have been thrown over a fence, put through letterbox etc without signature - it happens.

It being the same buyer suggests they might have access to the delivery in some way - family member/friend could be the local postman! It would be worth checking out their buyers feedback and maybe message a few of the sellers of items they have bought to ask if they have had any issues. You could find they have targeted a few sellers in the same way.

Good luck and report back with any info you find out.
Old 09-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Probably a combination of what you are selling and your buyer demographics.

Maybe you need to charge more for tracking.
Old 09-15-2012
Threadstarter  

Well, now I'm totally p*ssed off! Lost another parcel through Royal Mail ist class recorded delivery. 1st class, what a joke!
This time I followed it through all the way with regular emails to buyer. I have no doubt the buyer in this case is genuine, but she says that she ordered from Amazon at the same time and THAT has been lost as well. ( maybe a tea leaf in the sorting office) Although R.M has a refund system there are so many hoops to jump through that it's hardly worth while for the values I'm dealing with.
So. Looking for alternatives and found parcel2go. Has anyone had experience with these people. The price appears to be about the same as R.M but delivery time is longer- about 6 days. Not a problem to me if I have confidence that the goods will arrive.
If they turn out to be efficient I will take great delight in adding in my ebay description the reason why I choose them instead of R.M.
Old 09-20-2012

Longevity: 70%

Have you sold anymore items and tried this new service?

I also send all my items by recorded delivery first class and are seeing more and more items that never seem to be delivered. I asked the women in the post office and she says sometimes the recorded delivery sticker can fall off if not properly pressed on, or that the postie has just put it through the letter box.

I also send items that are large letter and weigh under 200 grams and would be interested in seeing how your new company works. I have only had one not received claim so far so it isn't too bad.
Old 09-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebee View Post
Is there a scam going on or am I just unlucky?
A few weeks ago I got a message from Paypal saying they had taken funds from me because of unauthorised credit card payments. This comprised 3 purchases from the same buyer. I checked the recorded delivery info and found that one had been delivered and signed for whilst the other two were still in the system. I sent the recorded info to paypal. Eventually I got back one payment for the item which had been delivered. The other two I didn't get back and was charged £14 for ech of them for credit card charges. OK, I didn't argue, just put it down to experience.
However, a few days ago I got another one. Unauthorised payment. Checked it out. Was sent 4 weeks ago but never arrived. Looks like I'm going to lose another lot.
What I can't understand is that the majority of buyers would be on to me within days if their goods hadn't arrived. In these cases they both waited several weeks.
It just seems strange to me that an unauthorised credit card payment should coincide with post office inefficiency. Is there any alternative to the post office for sending goods which weigh less than 300 grams because I am swiftly losing faith in the PO?
Are these claims marked as "Inquiry by PayPal" in the resolution centre? If so, then they will only release the money to you if the tracking info you supplied says delivered or you upload the proof of postage receipt which shows destination house number and post code. You can still use Recorded Delivery, but if you encounter anymore disputes like that in the future, always upload the postage receipt with the address details in the resolution centre. So if the tracking does not show delivered, they will accept the uploaded proof of postage and release your money.

Do you still have the postage receipts for those refunded orders?

Last edited by Jigsaw; 09-20-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-21-2012

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Well, now I'm totally p*ssed off! Lost another parcel through Royal Mail ist class recorded delivery. 1st class, what a joke!
This time I followed it through all the way with regular emails to buyer. I have no doubt the buyer in this case is genuine, but she says that she ordered from Amazon at the same time and THAT has been lost as well. ( maybe a tea leaf in the sorting office) Although R.M has a refund system there are so many hoops to jump through that it's hardly worth while for the values I'm dealing with.
So. Looking for alternatives and found parcel2go. Has anyone had experience with these people. The price appears to be about the same as R.M but delivery time is longer- about 6 days. Not a problem to me if I have confidence that the goods will arrive.
If they turn out to be efficient I will take great delight in adding in my ebay description the reason why I choose them instead of R.M.
City-link ?
Home

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 09-21-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Old 09-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
R.M. have a horrible refund system to put you off going for a refund.

Honestly, it is worth the hassle to give the deserved message to R.M. that their service stinks.
R.M. should be made to account for their appalling service.

ebay makes you as a seller conform to its rules.

Return the favour to R.M.
Old 09-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts

Sorry about your royal mail hassles, we all seem to get these lol..
I was told once that the reason fo not signed for is either the mailman delivering your parcel is new, or they have a safe option and just slot it through the mail box.
They also do say that Royal Mail First class is not a guaranteed service so they are allowed to take up to 2 weeks to deliver the items

I use parcel2go quite a lot with no problems
Old 09-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

unauthorised payment? unusual, it would normally be a not received claim, ie. customer understands they did not sign for it and therefore uses it to say not delivered.

I find RM good generally. As for compensation, all are bad, the worse I ever had was UPS, their CS was disgusting and they refused to pay out even though no signature was obtained. RM always pay out but they always make it a hassle and you always need to call the get it moving.

In terms of not getting signature for RM, I would say 1-5%, due to postie laziness, I think very few are genuinely lost. Most people are honest though, so do not exploit it.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 09-21-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Old 09-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
Are these claims marked as "Inquiry by PayPal" in the resolution centre? If so, then they will only release the money to you if the tracking info you supplied says delivered or you upload the proof of postage receipt which shows destination house number and post code. You can still use Recorded Delivery, but if you encounter anymore disputes like that in the future, always upload the postage receipt with the address details in the resolution centre. So if the tracking does not show delivered, they will accept the uploaded proof of postage and release your money.

Do you still have the postage receipts for those refunded orders?
In each case I have sent a copy of the recorded delivery receipt which shows the post code. In each case the post office tracking says still processing. In each case they have found in favour of the buyer. I always use recorded signed for delivery. In one case I was charged £14 for credit card fees.
Old 09-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1mgg View Post
Have you sold anymore items and tried this new service?

I also send all my items by recorded delivery first class and are seeing more and more items that never seem to be delivered. I asked the women in the post office and she says sometimes the recorded delivery sticker can fall off if not properly pressed on, or that the postie has just put it through the letter box.

I also send items that are large letter and weigh under 200 grams and would be interested in seeing how your new company works. I have only had one not received claim so far so it isn't too bad.
No, I'm still using Royal Mail. Theyn all seem to be as bad as each other. I checked on the alternative and they have a BAD reputayion
Old 09-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
R.M. have a horrible refund system to put you off going for a refund.

Honestly, it is worth the hassle to give the deserved message to R.M. that their service stinks.
R.M. should be made to account for their appalling service.

ebay makes you as a seller conform to its rules.

Return the favour to R.M.
Yep, far too much hassle putting in a claim. Got to grin and ber it.
Old 09-21-2012
Threadstarter  

As for the latest missing parcel. I sent a replacement with a note on the outside. "to Post Office, this parcel replaces parcel with tracking number $$$$$$$$$$ which you have either lost or stolen. Please ensure this one reaches its legal destination" It arrived the following day! I know this because the customer sent a message thanking me. However it was, and still is, on the internet as still being processed. I contacted the customer and she assured me that they had signed for it, so what is going on?
This brings me back to my original post. If the buyer is aware of this glitch in the system what is stopping them from scamming?
The problem is that I can't find any alternative so have to put up with it.
Old 09-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
As for the latest missing parcel. I sent a replacement with a note on the outside. "to Post Office, this parcel replaces parcel with tracking number $$$$$$$$$$ which you have either lost or stolen. Please ensure this one reaches its legal destination" It arrived the following day! I know this because the customer sent a message thanking me. However it was, and still is, on the internet as still being processed. I contacted the customer and she assured me that they had signed for it, so what is going on?
This brings me back to my original post. If the buyer is aware of this glitch in the system what is stopping them from scamming?
The problem is that I can't find any alternative so have to put up with it.
yep i totally agree!
RM prices go up, but there service goes down