eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   eBay tinkering with search? Server Problems? Cause of SLOW SALE (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/50755-ebay-tinkering-search-server-problems-cause-slow-sale.html)

SaiJin 09-12-2012 10:14 PM

eBay tinkering with search? Server Problems? Cause of SLOW SALE

Is ebay tinkering with search?
There's been a 90% decrease in sales since late august 2012 and I see lots of ppl at the eBay forum complaining too.

stanislav 09-12-2012 10:51 PM

Exactly! Finally someone speaks the truth! Something horribly is wrong with eBay since August or so. Yes sure some items still sell well but generally I feel like sales are down big time. Not enough bidders, lowballers, spikes in views etc ... What in the hell is going on with eBay??? I don't think it's the economy. Yes sure the economy is not like it was before 2008. Back than eBay had probably 50 times more buyers who were willing to bid until their last penny! Today it feels like eBay is dying. In fact I felt eBay was dying for the past 3 years.

SaiJin 09-12-2012 10:54 PM

You too eh? I'm actually making notes from yearly occurences and I'm watching the trend.
Last year was summer, but my september picked up big time. This year is the opposite.

stanislav 09-12-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 376046)
You too eh? I'm actually making notes from yearly occurences and I'm watching the trend.
Last year was summer, but my september picked up big time. This year is the opposite.

Yeah man. This year in my opinion is probably one of the worst. I am not sure if it's something to do with the best match and algorithm change eBay introduced and now are tweaking or what. eBay has great potential, it always was but if they made some serious error in it's core algorithm we are all ****ed ... Because they will either have to rewrite the entire code or to find where is the error. I am sure eBay is aware of the huge issue but obviously they will not admit it.

slim jim 09-12-2012 11:06 PM

saijin you selling in the US?

bansheezone 09-12-2012 11:06 PM

This has been a issue for years, trust me. It is not the economy as I had gone shopping at a local mall out on Long Island just this past weekend, let me tell you people where spending like it was Christmas.

bansheezone 09-12-2012 11:09 PM

bansheezone 09-12-2012 11:11 PM

This is the time when the search started getting really played with in my opinion, keep in mind that I started selling around 1999 not mention still heavily an active eBay seller.

SaiJin 09-12-2012 11:11 PM

So it's the search then, that eBay is messing around with? Because I went from making some $$ to barely get by to practically zero this past 13 days.

bansheezone 09-12-2012 11:13 PM

Welcome to a problem people have been dealing with since way back. Google Rolling sever black outs/eBay.

These days your lucky if you get bids, fixed price with items listed in a store in the only way to go if you can afford to run your business this way.

SaiJin 09-12-2012 11:15 PM

Hmmm... I didn't know it was the search engine that eBay is messing with on yearly basis, I just started taking notes on everything since 2 years ago.

So if this is one of those things that will happen every year and it'll be better soon, then I just need to be patient and not worry.

That's pretty much it.

stanislav 09-12-2012 11:16 PM

So what is eBay planning to do about it ? Are they EVER going to fix this or is it going to be a roller coaster ride forever ?

slim jim 09-12-2012 11:16 PM

have to agree with banshee on that one, i get my best profit and base my business of fixed price. i have no experience at all with bids, but they are too inconsistent

SaiJin 09-12-2012 11:18 PM

I do Fixed price as well. No more bidding stuff...

Stan: You are saying that it's a glitch that they didn't fix or are they changing something?

slim jim 09-12-2012 11:21 PM

sometimes the runs can be scary but they usually even out. i once had no sales for 3 weeks and then sold 10k in one week. it's a crazy world

SaiJin 09-12-2012 11:23 PM

what do you mean by "runs" ?

bansheezone 09-12-2012 11:28 PM

Runs=black outs. When you have a "dry Spell"

A good example is when I do a search from a friends computer in another state, or simply location the items shown are different in the search of simply not shown at all. Sometimes my auctions/listings would not be shown on my computer, then those same listings would show up like there was no issue with the server on a totally different area/location or computer.

But there is more I have learned over the years to overcome such issues as there are methods to fight back but I am just one of those stupid guys selling since 99' so :noidea:

slim jim 09-12-2012 11:28 PM

a 'run' is like getting no sales for 3 weeks and then for the next 2 weeks getting enough sales to cover 2 months. it's the ups and downs of things, kind of like riding a wave

SaiJin 09-12-2012 11:30 PM

ah ok. It's an american slang?

slim jim 09-12-2012 11:32 PM

yes, actually it's more of new yorker dialect :)

stanislav 09-12-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bansheezone (Post 376062)
But there is more I have learned over the years to overcome such issues as there are methods to fight back but I am just one of those stupid guys selling since 99' so :noidea:

Do you mean that you log in using multiple IPs from multiple location throughout USA and then modify each time your listing in order to get more views. Just wondering ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 376059)
I do Fixed price as well. No more bidding stuff...

Stan: You are saying that it's a glitch that they didn't fix or are they changing something?

I am not sure what it is. I think when they introduced best match algorithm, they ****ed something up. All these server roll outs is because they are probably updating their system. This was not the case many years ago. As of late they are trying to completely change eBay into a different animals. I hope my speculations are right and the thick dust will settle down once day. I have seen spikes in eBay and it's has an incredible potential. If eBay worked well, many of us would be making thousands of dollars everyday now.

bansheezone 09-12-2012 11:42 PM

look into "rolling server blackouts", what you need to understand is that in one place your item can be seen, but in another location it will not due to this so called eBay "phenomena". You have to understand how it works to break it in relation to the so called "hot spot". But that is all the detail I am going to get to, all I know is my items get sold when other people are :doh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanislav (Post 376068)
I am not sure what it is. I think when they introduced best match algorithm, they ****ed something up. All these server roll outs is because they are probably updating their system. This was not the case many years ago. As of late they are trying to completely change eBay into a different animals. I hope my speculations are right and the thick dust will settle down once day. I have seen spikes in eBay and it's has an incredible potential. If eBay worked well, many of us would be making thousands of dollars everyday now.

Your getting warmer = best match, but there is some other factors missing. I am not going to put out my earning to come off wrong but eBay will make you thousands of dollars quite quickly if you know how to play the game.