PayPal Security Review for Withdrawals - My Thoughts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-24-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default PayPal Security Review for Withdrawals - My Thoughts

I thought I would share my story with PayPal..

We run one Ebay and PayPal account with immaculate feedback, and only few successfully revolved cases, top rate seller for the last 10 months and protected seller status, also a power seller.

Basically this account could not be run better, with over 10k in sales and over 1000 transactions each month.

This account is not stealth, with confirmed account in the owners name, but 2nd unconfirmed account, and under our companies name.

For the last 10 months we have never been limited, or any questions asked by Ebay or PayPal.

So, they bring in the 2 hour withdrawal first few weeks, the money is in our bank that same day. Not confirmed the hours but this does not make any difference.

Then towards end of last week – we start to see the 24 Security review but the withdrawals would still complete that day.

Today, a different story – nothing has changed and a normal process for us to make a withdrawal on Monday morning, from the same computer, same process of answering emails, dealing with returns, issuing few refunds etc. But the actual withdrawal is under review, and has been pending sine 11am this morning.

Now, if PayPal are really concerned with the security as they make out to be – then why is our account all of a sudden become a security risk?

In my eyes, it's all a big cover up to keep the money for that little bit extra in order to gain more from their banks.

From previous experience I have noticed that PayPal used to review withdrawals a lot more if you had a lot of cases open, or you tried to withdraw large amount. This could sometimes take up to 10 days to complete.

With this account the amounts are always very similar, and the PayPal account has over 1k left in order to cover 1.5 months of the Ebay fees. So even less of a security threat to PayPal as there is always money in the account and it has never been below £800 for the last year.

Now, there might be one reason which could have triggered this but not sure how it might be possible. I have set up another account again all real details, nothing covered up! The account was set-up on the same computer, different user, same 3 dongle etc.

Also, we have set-up another user, for a third account which is already established and we are in the process of converting it into a business account. Again not a stealth account all details confirmed.

So, have PayPal managed to link this somehow and are not a little worried?

It would be interesting to see how this progresses. I will keep you updated!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

withdrawal under review? is this the usual one we are all getting intermittantly right now? or just a random one?

whilst they may have linked you, in my experience a linked acc normally just gets limited and they give you a vague email stating something along those lines....in any case unless you are being linked to a banned name/address or a limited acc, then other accs should not affect this particular one...that said, this is paypal, lets hope it is just coincidence...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 09-24-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-24-2012

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by webprojectuk View Post

We run one Ebay and PayPal account with immaculate feedback, and only few successfully revolved cases, top rate seller for the last 10 months and protected seller status, also a power seller.

Basically this account could not be run better, with over 10k in sales and over 1000 transactions each month.

This account is not stealth, with confirmed account in the owners name, but 2nd unconfirmed account, and under our companies name.

For the last 10 months we have never been limited, or any questions asked by Ebay or PayPal.

So, they bring in the 2 hour withdrawal first few weeks, the money is in our bank that same day. Not confirmed the hours but this does not make any difference.

Then towards end of last week – we start to see the 24 Security review but the withdrawals would still complete that day.

Today, a different story – nothing has changed and a normal process for us to make a withdrawal on Monday morning, from the same computer, same process of answering emails, dealing with returns, issuing few refunds etc. But the actual withdrawal is under review, and has been pending sine 11am this morning.

Now, if PayPal are really concerned with the security as they make out to be – then why is our account all of a sudden become a security risk?

In my eyes, it's all a big cover up to keep the money for that little bit extra in order to gain more from their banks.

From previous experience I have noticed that PayPal used to review withdrawals a lot more if you had a lot of cases open, or you tried to withdraw large amount. This could sometimes take up to 10 days to complete.

With this account the amounts are always very similar, and the PayPal account has over 1k left in order to cover 1.5 months of the Ebay fees. So even less of a security threat to PayPal as there is always money in the account and it has never been below £800 for the last year.

Now, there might be one reason which could have triggered this but not sure how it might be possible. I have set up another account again all real details, nothing covered up! The account was set-up on the same computer, different user, same 3 dongle etc.

Also, we have set-up another user, for a third account which is already established and we are in the process of converting it into a business account. Again not a stealth account all details confirmed.

So, have PayPal managed to link this somehow and are not a little worried?

It would be interesting to see how this progresses. I will keep you updated!

had same thing happen friday to two account rock sold accounts, took about 24 hours, must be that time of year.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 09-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by webprojectuk View Post

Good thread, very good

Keep in the back of your mind that protected seller status is only as viable as the desires of ebay/paypl to allow it to exist.

Paypal is playing 'games' right at the moment with withdrawals of funds.

Accounts that we as sellers have operated along the lines of what you mentioned are being 'under review' during funds transfers.

This goes back to the necessity of paypal being forced into allowing funds to be made available more quickly for users.

Our nemesis is working thro' to determine methods that will be only to their advantage. Also we are due another policy change from them. I am preparing for a reappraisal in November ( at the latest).

Be aware NOW, holiday selling means paypal accounts need to be in working order.
bansheezone (09-24-2012), Global (09-25-2012)
Old 09-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

i would not be surprised that if paypal followed the new rules and enough people withdrew, they would not have enough to cover it.
Old 09-24-2012

Longevity: 69%

Well i've been withdrawing and all my stealths are verified but seems to be they all get the '24 hour security check' and basically i end up getting the funds in 2 days..max 3..paypal have definetely found away around EU law..disgusting IMO
Old 09-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Not for US users I assume?
Old 09-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial333 View Post
Not for US users I assume?
As of 09/25/2012, luckily no

Old 09-25-2012
Threadstarter  

Quick update:

Transaction: 24/09/12 - 11am BST - Still Pending
Transaction: 24/09/12 - 17pm BST - Still Pending

One more hour left before the 24 hours is up.

Will keep you update.

I will also make the 3rd transfer as we would normally do today.

God we are such a high risk - I really don't know why would anyone want to steal money to our own account. LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to webprojectuk For This Useful Post:
Global (09-25-2012)
Old 09-25-2012

Longevity: 79%

im really paranoid, but is that not a little too much info on a forum like this.

Not too many account in u.k with that amount of transfer with peding times.

DO'h not sure that matters for ligit accounts though

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
Global (09-25-2012)
Old 09-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

/quote

Paypal is playing 'games' right at the moment with withdrawals of funds.

Always up to something
Old 09-25-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
im really paranoid, but is that not a little too much info on a forum like this.

Not too many account in u.k with that amount of transfer with peding times.

DO'h not sure that matters for ligit accounts though
LOL - I know that is why I didn't put down the minutes, or seconds just in case. But again there is nothing stealth about this account.
Old 09-25-2012
Threadstarter  

Another update:

1st Transaction over 24 hours now and still showing as pending. Well, PayPal are really weird company! So much stuff about this all over the internet especially since the new 2 hour system came into place.
Old 09-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

That's not always an advantage to spruik about ebay/paypal.

Discretion works for us better in the long run

Global (09-25-2012)
Old 09-25-2012
Threadstarter  

One payment completed some time this morning after the 24 hours.... Well done PayPal for yet another successful security risk assessment. Just another honest seller has been delayed their money for over 24 hours. Thankfully they don't provide current accounts - could you imagine?

You go to the cash machine and try to withdraw your hard earned money to pay suppliers, staff overheads, and postage costs only for paypal to turn round and say we are doing a security check - please come back tomorrow to the same cash machine and your cash might be here. Actually I could understand this type of security more then the current security review of taking money out to your own account which has been there for the last 12 months. What idiot would hack into your account only to withdraw money to the already attached account?

This is why Ebay & PayPal really get on my nerves - they like to treat even the top sellers like they don't know anything. Do they really think customers such us can't see through what they are trying to do?

You all need to support Amazon - as they really do listen to sellers, offer less then 24 hours response time via email.
Old 09-25-2012

Longevity: 75%

The whole 24 hour review thing is, in my opinion, just so much smoke screen. Paypal does not have enough employees to do security checks on all the downloads that they claim. Security check is however a legitimate reason to delay the down load of funds into your account. It is a difficult statement to argue against - after all we all want security don't we?

Try to see it from Paypals viewpoint. If they hold all funds for 24 hours that is money they do not need to pump into their accounts to prove liquidity. Think of the amount they turn over each day. They still have to comply with the liquidity rules at the end of each banking day

Purchases go through without any problem because that's moving numbers from one PP account to another - taking cash out is a different ball game altogether
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
colt63 (09-25-2012)
Old 09-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Hopefully you arent dealing with a currency exchange from pp either - that`s even worse.
Old 09-26-2012
Threadstarter  

Both transaction went through without any problems and today there is no more reviews, money in the bank as normal within 2 hours. So, it looks like they will pick accounts at random, and keep doing their rounds. I will keep you all updated when it happens again, but lets hope it does not.
Old 09-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Good - so the money is coming through - dont push too many withdrawals too quickly though
Old 09-27-2012
Threadstarter  

LOL - Today back to security reviews. I wonder what has changed since yesterday.
Old 09-27-2012

Longevity: 70%

It's just pathetic. And they won't stop until someone sues them for contravening the very legislation that made them implement this change (the 2 hour withdrawals) in this first place.
Old 09-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

by the time someone is able to sue them they would have figured out how to make this new system work for them. the power of being able to afford the best lawyers!