Buying from eBay with legitimate details - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-10-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Buying from eBay with legitimate details

Afternoon people,

As the title says, I want to buy stuff off eBay using my legit details (name, address, proper debit card), but having tried to do this with my fiancees a couple of months ago, PP shut the account down within minutes (as her seller account was banned for repeated offending - that I did). I've been banned a couple of times too, at the address I want stuff sent to. I have a debit card that's not linked to any of my stealth accounts, so is this possible to do?

I could get other people to buy the stuff for me using their eBay accounts, but I can't be arsed with going to their house(s) to pick it up. I'm not interested in building up feedback for later use, i just want to be able to buy the odd few things (printer ink and blank dvds) as it's cheaper on there than most other places.

Thanks for you help (if you can actually give me any)!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-10-2012

Longevity: 84%

if it were me i would create a stealth buyers account

and add my real address as primary postage address later

or try a variation of your address with your real name

i find a house number thats out of range on the same street (mispelt) works a treat

depends how big the street is and if your known to the postie

i regularly get post with try number 8 wrote on it ;-)
Old 10-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

It's OK to have a buyers account with your real info on it. Just dont make that account into a sellers account and you should be fine.

I used to have a sellers account with my real info, it got banned last year. Today, I have 1 buyers account with my real info to the same address with over 65 feedback on it. The account is still going fine. I have a paypal attached to it, my linked my debit card and not bank account to that paypal. I only buy, not sell on it.

Why make a stealth buyers account when you cant have access to the address.
Old 10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post

thats not what i said
Old 10-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

You said to add your real address later or do a variation of your real address.

Why do all of that when buyers account are not held up to the details of sellers accounts. Just dont sell on it and it's fine.
Old 10-10-2012

Longevity: 78%

Call them. Tell them you acknowledge that you were suspended and you are no longer a seller and no longer will sell on their site. But you would like to continue to bring them business by purchasing items for yourself.

Basically just ask them to let you buy sh*t.
Old 10-10-2012

Quote:
It's OK to have a buyers account with your real info on it. Just dont make that account into a sellers account and you should be fine.

I used to have a sellers account with my real info, it got banned last year. Today, I have 1 buyers account with my real info to the same address with over 65 feedback on it. The account is still going fine. I have a paypal attached to it, my linked my debit card and not bank account to that paypal. I only buy, not sell on it.

works for me too.
Old 10-11-2012

Quote:

this...

i have lost count how many blocked accounts i have on current address but setting up a buyers account i found fine and simple
i use a new user account for it on the laptop simple enough, i kept everything the same... the only thing i have not done is add a paypal account to it as i only buy on there if i can afford it which means by sending postal orders for my purchase... if i cant find the money to send a postal order then i cant really afford to be spending
i try to manage my spending that way... its even more limited which suits me fine as not everyone wants to accpt a postal order... but most legit account holders will, stealth holders obviously have bogus address so they dont tend to accept p.o... i steer clear from those stealth account sellers nothing but trouble they are

but yeah never had an issue with a buyer account...turning it into a seller account and it will go in anything from 3 mins to 3 weeks... trust me ive tried
Old 10-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopHole View Post
Call them. Tell them you acknowledge that you were suspended and you are no longer a seller and no longer will sell on their site. But you would like to continue to bring them business by purchasing items for yourself.

Basically just ask them to let you buy sh*t.
Loopie, Loopie! Are you smoking dope now?

WTfudge inpsired this?

If you have done this yourself, please share that piece of good fortune.

In the UK where the OP is based, buyers accounts are getting suspended when old info is used. It's not so wise or viable for UK users to do this.
Old 10-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Keep things simple and dont complicate - vary your name a little and address too. Buying or selling - its good to go by stealth...you may want to sell later so why not stay stealth
Old 10-11-2012
Threadstarter  

Varying name wouldn't be a problem, until I had to buy something with my debit card, which requires me to input the correct details. As for a variation of my address......if I brought something I'd actually like it to come to me, not to an address I don't live at!
Old 10-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
In the UK where the OP is based, buyers accounts are getting suspended when old info is used. It's not so wise or viable for UK users to do this.
oh wow, thanks GB for letting us know about buyers accounts and the UK. Didn't even know that is was still tough even for buying.
Old 10-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@yotano.

Obviously I experiment to see what I can see

Old info for buying was not a long term successful venture UK based.

Old 10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbydave View Post
As for a variation of my address......if I brought something I'd actually like it to come to me, not to an address I don't live at!
because its not your address it doesnt mean it wont come to you - re-read what i said dave
Old 10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Keep things simple and dont complicate - vary your name a little and address too. Buying or selling - its good to go by stealth...you may want to sell later so why not stay stealth
well said RS
Old 10-11-2012

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
@yotano.

Obviously I experiment to see what I can see

Old info for buying was not a long term successful venture UK based.

Still works for me to this day.
Old 10-16-2012

I've many suspended accounts from selling, them giving me the run around, using all sorts of variations so that ive ended up reusing these variations.

Then, i've a few accounts suspended because of too many unpaid item strikes again using rehashed variations of my real details. This all before stealth..

Yet, to this day, I have never had a buying only account suspended due to linking to the others.. Even after opening a new account immediately after getting the warning about not being allowed to use eb until issues with sellers are resolved (which is of course impossible, cos they've resold the item by then) and probably didnt even change my ip..

I currently have 3 accounts using real details just in case a seller of a rare item has bidder conditions set, so i can let an unpaid item strike fade into history.

Remember too that you dont need a Pp account to pay for items. You can make one off payments with card via Pp's payment processing. You still wont be able to use banned cards, but you never have to register for an account.
Old 10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbydave View Post
Afternoon people,

As the title says, I want to buy stuff off eBay using my legit details (name, address, proper debit card), but having tried to do this with my fiancees a couple of months ago, PP shut the account down within minutes (as her seller account was banned for repeated offending - that I did). I've been banned a couple of times too, at the address I want stuff sent to. I have a debit card that's not linked to any of my stealth accounts, so is this possible to do?

I could get other people to buy the stuff for me using their eBay accounts, but I can't be arsed with going to their house(s) to pick it up. I'm not interested in building up feedback for later use, i just want to be able to buy the odd few things (printer ink and blank dvds) as it's cheaper on there than most other places.

Thanks for you help (if you can actually give me any)!
Aha! I've just re-read this. PP not eB shut you down..

That makes sense. With PP, money is at stake, any account can be used both for receiving and sending, no differentiation between users and how they say they want to use it. Once you're banned, you are banned.

With eB, why would they want to block bidders? Each bid pushes up the price and they get more. They differentiate between selling and buying accounts and so concentrate screening sellers only.

As I say, you don't need Pp account. Go through the checkout as normal, find the small link at the bottom of the PP payment page that says "Don't have a PP account?" and it opens up to enter card details for a one off payment. Remember not to get it to use those details to open an account (a check box) else the new account will be eventually linked and that card then blocked.

I buy using PP like this, using the same card for different eB accounts (not stealth of course) no probs yet. Only discovered this a year and half ago..

Of course, if u can collect with cash, make the purchase with a stealth account and give your stealth legitimacy by being a real person collecting a real item.

Last edited by JomJarr; 10-16-2012 at 02:02 PM.