eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Would these things link me? Too similar? Or are things fine (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/52171-would-these-things-link-me-too-similar-things-fine.html)

mcmx 10-24-2012 05:52 PM

Would these things link me? Too similar? Or are things fine

Sorry, I ask a lot of questions on here and I've been trying to keep it to a minimum lately but I've been wondering a lot about this for the past few days.

So when I wake up in the morning, naturally I end up checking each of my eBay accounts and I log into them at the same time or right after another. (Each account has it's own VPS so I'm completely fine if I log into them at the same time btw)

On each one, I'll either list something, check feedback, check the bids or do all of that. I'm a little worried that the activity on each account might looks similar and I don't know if they track tendencies like that (I'm aware they can, but I have no idea to what extent or how often they do)

As for the items I'm selling, [at the moment these are just for gaining feedback] they are the same across all accounts, except they are just different colors. I also use different backgrounded photos, remove EXIF data, slightly different prices, shipping, titles, description fonts, etc..I think I do pretty good in that area of keeping things completely different.

Then as far as my IPs go (all static btw) most of my IPs have the same first 9 digits while the last 1 or 2 digits are different. I buy my Stealth accounts so I have no control over the following, but the names & addresses on the account are completely different, however they're all in the same city and the usernames tend to often have "seller" or "sells" in it :S

Do I have things too similar? What would you recommend I try & do differently to keep myself looking like I'm completely different people?

Thanks for reading :yar:

GreenBean 10-24-2012 06:30 PM

Manual Review might be harmful., ie, if a human looks you could be sprung.

Same items

Similar names

Same town

Same ISP

Same, same, same................to me you are not a different person.

Hope that ebay/paypal does not ever think the same.

:rip:

mcmx 10-24-2012 07:04 PM

:pout:

So when I call to request higher selling limits...that would probably require a manual review wouldn't it? -.-

:boom:

rsot 10-24-2012 07:42 PM

If it sparka a manual review, you could be at problems - if. Not worth the risk vs. reward. Spread the dread - make new accounts linkfree

yotano211 10-24-2012 10:25 PM

And never call for increases.

mcmx 10-24-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 387008)
And never call for increases.

Why not...I'm guessing it sparks a manual review?

mcmx 10-24-2012 10:43 PM

And changing my username won't do much, would it?

FML...

yotano211 10-24-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmxcivjm (Post 387010)
Why not...I'm guessing it sparks a manual review?

BINGO, you just hit my finger on the nail.

rsot 10-25-2012 11:52 AM

Just keep your sales going and be patient - start other accounts and learn from your mistakes

mcmx 10-26-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 387149)
Just keep your sales going and be patient - start other accounts and learn from your mistakes

I buy my accounts...Some of these similarity mistakes are out of my control. & I don't have the time, most of all the resources, to create my own accounts..

So is there even any point in continuing with them or am I just wasting my time? I have 5 of these accounts I bought. That's like $500 worth of similar accounts :smash: And I HAVE to call into eBay though, once I get 10 feedbacks. To raise limits from $2k to $5k. I cannot afford to wait 3 months to sell & just hope that they get raised. The current 30 item/$2k limit isn't very useful to me

mcmx 10-27-2012 12:37 AM

And how do you know if/when you're officially "linked" on eBay?

Do they send you a message saying that they've matched the account to another by the name of *****?

Or if one gets suspended, then I'd know I'm linked if another one goes down as well?

Or if you call eBay, will they mention it or something?

Very confused about how to know if you are linked. Otherwise I'd be paranoid 24/7 wondering & worrying if I am or not.