eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Sometimes... its difficult (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/52647-sometimes-its-difficult.html)

HurricaneHuntr 11-05-2012 12:12 AM

Sometimes... its difficult

To deal with idiot buyers.. Check this guys message to me..

"
Why was my order not shipped until November 1st? I paid for it on October 30th, and you made it very clear in the listing that if an order is paid for after 11am, it would ship the next business day. Well that means my order should have been shipped on October 31st. It's still not here, and it was supposed to have been delivered by November 3rd. I am not happy about this. Please explain yourself."
this is a 2k feedback tv sales company.. i dunno who the dbag is but.. anyway here's the reply that will probably get me a negative because i couldn't keep cool...

"Hello and good evening, i decided to look up your shipment. I am sure as a business yourself, you know how the usps tracking, and the postal and delivery services work. Right? Ok good! Anyhow... If you look at the tracking, you'll see "processed in xxxx xxxx05" at 6:28 in the morning. This particular item ships from xxxxxx florida, Which is about 1-2 hours xxxxx ofxxxxx. It looks like the postal service never scanned the item when it was initially received on the 31st. You will see when you receive the package tomorrow, that indeed the postal date on it was the 31st. I cannot control when the usps will process the mail. I can only drop it off. In this particular case is my partner in xxxxxxx who deals with the xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Well you say, why does it say electronic shipping information received november 1st? Well that's because a tracking # that hasn't been entered into their system until the first scan, if you can come up with a way for the package to miraculously be scanned at 6:28 in the morning, when the us postal service doesn't open any branches until 8am, please let me know, thus further proving your item was shipped on the 31st. With no sunday deliveries it unfortunately gets pushed back till today the 5th. I hope i "explained myself"

As pasted below is the information from
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

November 03, 2012, 6:59 pm

BOSTON, MA 02205

Delivery Confirmation™

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

November 01, 2012, 6:28 am

xxxxx, FL xxxxxxxxxx

Electronic Shipping Info Received

November 01, 2012
"

slim jim 11-05-2012 12:15 AM

please do post the response :)

css1 11-05-2012 12:27 AM

Personally, I'd say your reply is a little bit "confronting".

Ebay after-sales are like a game of poker, this guy showed his cards and the cards say "I'm going to be an unreasonable jackass and probably leave you neutral feedback at best". What you need to do with these is show no attitude and just make it look like you're bending over backwards for them, until you get the positive feedback (or neutral). Do what you gotta do to keep him feeling good, even if it's offering a discount on a future purchase or something of the sort.

If you need to bite your tongue and forget about your ego/pride with them, whatever.

With my non ebay stuff I deal with some REAL idiots on a daily basis. You know, the kind that make you want to commit murder and actually tell you "... the customer is always right" on the phone... yeah ok, maybe in your world.

Good luck.

GreenBean 11-05-2012 12:28 AM

The ideal response should be

I am sorry I am a practising d***head and make an idiot of myself often.

I apologize for my gross stupidity.

:pound:

NGALO1983 11-05-2012 12:31 AM

Beware!!!

I once dealt with a customer who wanted a full refund on item and shipping and keep the item too.

I had 100% good feed back so he threaten me that he will give me a bad feedback if i dont.
I said no, "you have to return item to get a refund" but he wanted both.

He gave me a nasty messages, calling me every name in the book but boy was he shocked when i called him every other name on the book lol

Sometimes you just cant hold back.

mcmx 11-05-2012 12:40 AM

Yeah I got a similar message recently. "I bought 7 stuff yesterday and 1 today and out of the 7 stuff 6 of them are
shipped ...... why hasn't this item been shipped yettt !!"

- I'm a 0 feedback seller, so you'd think she'd give me a break
- It was the weekend so it would've stayed at the post office until Monday anyway
- For all she knows I could've just forgot to click 'Mark as Shipped' (& that's what I told her lol)

Some buyers act like you're their slave! I just don't understand how rude and stupid some people out there are

css1 11-05-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmx (Post 390454)
- It was the weekend so it would've stayed at the post office until Monday anyway

I know for Canada Post if it made it to your local depot, it still moves on the weekend. They don't deliver though.

jamcocktail21 11-05-2012 02:02 AM

GreenBean has the best answer

Play stupid and apologize all the time in situations like this

You gonna win believe me and you gonna get a great feedback as well

rsot 11-05-2012 06:49 AM

Dont forget to use block bidder option when you feel it is necessary :)

Yes, dealing with d*uchebags is annoying but once only :)

HurricaneHuntr 11-05-2012 12:18 PM

Well, the dbag in this case was myself. I was like trying for a negative feedback now that i think about it... Also WTF doesn't auctiva alert you when someone picks a shipping method other than the free method? I do all my stuff through auctiva... sigh... This item wasnt actually shipped by me, it was by a partner. Who did nothing wrong EXCEPT THE BUYER PAID FOR PRIORITY and it was shipped first class...

Hopefully i can get out of this heh
"Good morning, I agree completely with everything you've said, except the difference on when it was processed, but that's all water under the bridge, there is no excuse for it not going priority mail, it should have, and i'm disappointed that the ..... I will go ahead and give you the 11 refund, it's inexcusable for something like this that you may need in a timely fashion and it not delivered like that. Please rest assured this is not normal procedure. I will contact him shortly and inform him to better check the invoice when processing orders for his products. I completely apologize for the rudeness last night. And i hope we can still earn your positive feedback. If there is anything else i can do to resolve this for you please let me know. "

he asked for $5 because of my attitude.. and my attitude is costing me $5 i am giving it to him

baloch 11-05-2012 01:34 PM

yep play dumb and give as little information as possible and gather knowledge. This time you got lucky with a understanding buyer but a buyer who wanted it yesterday and you shipped it first class then oh boy.

Futuremogul888 11-06-2012 02:59 AM

I've dealt with my share of moron customers both on ebay and face to face because I own a business that attracts a particularly high share of morons. One thing I learned is you can get mad and loose your cool or you can smile, apologize to them, and laugh at them on the inside. You really only get short term satisfaction from going off on the customer, meanwhile creating a longterm problem (like negative feedback) for yourself. Believe me, it's not worth it.

The best thing to do is to take satisfaction in knowing you are a sucessful business man/women and they are a colossal moron and will always be a collosal moron. The best revenge against these idiots is their own lives. Believe me the only reason these people lash out at you is for the only time in their lives they feel like they have some power. Most of the time they are flipping burgers and scrubbing toilets while being yelled at because they missed a spot. So don't give them the satisfaction.

rsot 11-06-2012 06:33 AM

Dont worry about this too much Moscutter - seems it has you flustered.