Few questions I need answered - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-26-2008
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Few questions I need answered

Ok I have 5 questions I need answered before I start doing all the stuff for the new ebay account.

1. When I go signup for the UPS mailbox do I signup with my real name or the DBA?

2. Do I reformat my computer or buy a new hard drive?

3. Where can I get the DBA certificate real cheap?
The cheapest I found was $65.

4. When I get the DBA certificate do I just get that or do I also get a incorporation certificate?

5. When I go pickup any package from UPS do I show them the DBA certificate and say something like: "I am picking up this package for my business"? Is that right or do I say something else?

I need this answered before Friday morning as I want to start the process of making the ebay account. Thanks in advance for all the help guys.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-26-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

1) Either Or, a DBA would make more sense.

2) I don't see why you would have to do either. Just clean your cookies out and change your IP address and you should be good to go.

3) florida DBA - Google Search

4) Unknown, read from above.

5) Sounds right to me, just say it's your business name.
Old 06-26-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

So when I use the DBA for UPS I will put in the section "business name" and not in the name section, right?
Old 06-26-2008
Administrator

You'll have to ask them about that. I'm sure they'll want all your details, DBA and real name, opening a po box is a pain these days.
Old 06-26-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Yo aspkin dawg thanks for the help you the cooliest
Old 06-26-2008
Administrator

Sure thing .
Old 06-27-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Hey aspkin I just wanted to confirm three more thing: you say in your ebook if you create a new gmail account and put it as the payment email and it will work. Does this method still work and do I use the bogus info when creating the gmail account?

Also if I'm using a merchant account do I need to create a new bank account or no?

If I'm using dialup, and with dialup you will get different ip addresses every session, will getting different ips on one ebay account suspend me or raise red flags since (I think) your only suposed to have one specified ip per ebay account?

Do I use the UPS po box address when signing up for ccnow and gift cards or my home address will do?

Also its getting really expensive to get a DBA it costs about $100+ know any other cheaper ways I can use so I would be able to get returns or stuff I buy from ebay without getting a UPS box or DBA?

Sorry aspkin its 5am and I'm dead tired here I've been reading the forum and the ebook nonstop for 7 hours and have come up with these questions. I will hopefully get atleast 6 hours of sleep and then wake up to do all the ebay stuff. Thanks for all the help man you a blessing.

Last edited by John14789; 06-27-2008 at 05:04 AM.
Old 06-27-2008
Administrator

1) I haven't tried the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ payment email thing in awhile, not a lot of people do this, it has its pros and cons. And sure, use whatever information you want when opening a Gmail account, it will not affect anything.

2) You can use your existing bank account for a merchant account.

3) No, you won't get suspended for changing your IP address, you may be limited and asked for a verification call from eBay but that happens to everyone.

4) Sure why not, use either your UPS po box or home address. Should be fine...

5) Don't go the DBA route... there are other options out there; most people don't go this route.

You're experiencing information overload... time to get started.
Old 06-27-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

If not to go the DBA route then which route should I go?

I got 9 hours and I'm ready to go tell on and I'll go and do it right now!
Old 06-27-2008
Administrator

It depends if you want to spend money on it or not. I wouldn't go the DBA route for the first time, but it does have its pros.

Simply opening an ups box in your name should be fine. Even if a package is in a different name, it's okay. You can even use your real name with eBay as long as all other information is Different. There are a lot of Johns out there. I would open the ups box in my name, use the address for eBay with either the same name or slightly different and go from there. You don't need a DBA for that.
Old 06-27-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Aspkin you always amaze me :D
Thank you
Aspkin you said the gmail thing with ebay for the paypal email doesnt work then what is workaround that?
Also so what should I do first open a ups box or something else?
Old 06-27-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Default My new plan

Ok so this what Im gonna do:

1. Create new windows user. By creating a new windows user I will not have to clear cookies each time I log into my ebay account or gmail account related to that specific ebay account.

2. Get netzero dialup

3. Download firefox and set netvibes.com as my home page as it shows all the incoming email titles.

4. I will then go ahead and go to UPS and signup using my REAL name and info

5. Create a new gmail account with the UPS box in the address section and your REAL name in the name section and put your real info for all other parts. As this gmail account will be for your ccnow account.

6. I will then run a sale through the ccnow account by sending a invoice to my friend's email account and he will pay with his cc and this will make the 45day clock running

7. I will then go and open a new gmail account for the new ebay account. I will use my real name but I will take out and add some letters. Suppose my real name is Peter Ford I will make it Patr Frd and this will be the new name for the gmail account. Then for the address section I will put the UPS box address. For the number section put any random number.

8. I will go create a account with gotvmail.com. For this I will use my real info.

9. I will then get a simons gift account to use for the cc verification for ebay. For this I will use the name Patr Frd and the UPS box address and the number I got from gotvmail.com

10. I will then go ahead and create another gmail account with random info and use this email address as the paypal payment email address. By doing this I will not have to create a paypal account.

11. I am then going to open a ebay account with the name Patr Frd and the UPS box address. I will use the gmail account I created with the name Patr Frd. I will use the number I got from gotvmail.com as the telephone number. I will then go ahead and register for the sellers account and verify my cc using the simons gift account.

12. I will wait for 30 days and in that 30 day period I will be buying items that I need. I will pay for the stuff I need with the simons gift account. After the 30 days is over and I have atleast 10 feedback I will then start selling.

13. I will first list 1 item per week and then increase my quantity by 3-4 every month.

14. I will then get a call from ebay when Im gonna list my 10th item I believe I will recieve that call using the number I recieved from gotvmail.com

So what do you think I finally got all this down?
Old 06-28-2008
Administrator

Gmail isn't an issue at all. You can literally use this is the name: f3lkjflkjf and address. EBay does not read or use any of this information for anything; it's just an email address. You can use the same newly created Gmail account for everything you're doing.

Overall it looks good though, it should work fine.
Old 06-28-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Aspkin won't the customers see who the ccnow invoice is coming from?
Or is the ccnow invoice going to be send by ccnow?
So if I create multiple ebay accounts won't ONE ccnow gmail account be a problem?