eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Second chance offers. Anyone experiencing this? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/55039-second-chance-offers-anyone-experiencing.html)

Sandy D 01-06-2013 03:52 AM

Second chance offers. Anyone experiencing this?

I usually sent out second chance offers when I have multiples of a product.

Lately I been getting.

I will accept your second chance offer if you pay for all the shipping cost.

I am not getting a few I am getting a lot of these request.

Anyone else getting these?

epain 01-06-2013 04:03 AM

What are you selling and how much is the shipping cost? Never got that before and if I did I would refuse unless it is worth it... I always offer free shipping and just boost up the price a few dollars more just to compensate for the shipping cost. I also offer free shipping on items I know that are going to make me money with the exception that the shipping cost is with USPS first class mail and less than $2.50 to ship... If you have many of the same product on hand and just want to get rid of it with free shipping, providing that you break even or make a small profit than just do it... I always do when the price is right.

rsot 01-06-2013 12:41 PM

I don't get this pushback Sandy- is it particular to only one specific item you are selling?

igotsuspended 01-07-2013 01:49 AM

I doubt we can modify a sold auction item to send a second chance offer.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 407667)
I usually sent out second chance offers when I have multiples of a product.

Lately I been getting.

I will accept your second chance offer if you pay for all the shipping cost.

I am not getting a few I am getting a lot of these request.

Anyone else getting these?

Sandy D 01-07-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epain (Post 407671)
What are you selling and how much is the shipping cost? Never got that before and if I did I would refuse unless it is worth it... I always offer free shipping and just boost up the price a few dollars more just to compensate for the shipping cost. I also offer free shipping on items I know that are going to make me money with the exception that the shipping cost is with USPS first class mail and less than $2.50 to ship... If you have many of the same product on hand and just want to get rid of it with free shipping, providing that you break even or make a small profit than just do it... I always do when the price is right.

Shipping is usually 10-25 range. Usually only send second chance on more expensive larger items.

Sandy D 01-07-2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 407783)
I don't get this pushback Sandy- is it particular to only one specific item you are selling?

No, different items, different categories etc.

Last one was on a Gulf Oil porcelain sign, shipping was 32.00 UPS

He wanted free shipping and was one of the lowest bidders.

Has bought two of them and 2-3 declined because they had bought other items and offered to this one and here comes the freebies.

Sandy D 01-07-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotsuspended (Post 408043)
I doubt we can modify a sold auction item to send a second chance offer.

Yes you can. You ca send them a new invoice and adjust the shipping cost in it.

As long as they have not paid the original invoice it can be done.

rsot 01-07-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 408062)

Has bought two of them and 2-3 declined because they had bought other items and offered to this one and here comes the freebies.

So this is a previous winner of your auctions - I see. That is a specific case. All that can be said is if he doesn't want to pay for shipping, he should not be entertaining the 2nd chance offer. End of story.

igotsuspended 01-07-2013 12:35 PM

Of course, you can adjust invoice for all item but what meant you can't adjust it before you sending 2nd chance offer.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 408063)
Yes you can. You ca send them a new invoice and adjust the shipping cost in it.

As long as they have not paid the original invoice it can be done.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk 2

Stigger 01-08-2013 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 408062)

Sounds like a customer worth having to be honest, personally i would'nt really want them looking elsewhere.

i mean if losing a few quid or dollars get this deal and there's possibility for more in future (which looks possible) then why not.

i would also, communicate with this person through email, try and build up trust, some kind of relationship then next time you have something this person is interested in, it could benefit you both to do future deal direct without listing on eby

Sandy D 01-08-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TizWoz (Post 408362)
Sounds like a customer worth having to be honest, personally i would'nt really want them looking elsewhere.

i mean if losing a few quid or dollars get this deal and there's possibility for more in future (which looks possible) then why not.

i would also, communicate with this person through email, try and build up trust, some kind of relationship then next time you have something this person is interested in, it could benefit you both to do future deal direct without listing on eby

If the shipping was a few bucks yes but in this case large package and decent amount of money.

I can relist and sell and not lose a dime so my decision was to then say no.

I dont need to sell anything that bad that if I can turn around and list another one and maybe even get higher bids and not have to pay shipping.

I am just getting a crap load of these buyers, far more then ever before.

Must be something in the water!

Sandy D 01-08-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 408151)
So this is a previous winner of your auctions - I see. That is a specific case. All that can be said is if he doesn't want to pay for shipping, he should not be entertaining the 2nd chance offer. End of story.

Exactly how I think about it but for some reason I have had a rash of this lately.

I get a lot of second chance offers myself but understand that when I bid I know then the shipping cost or would not have bid at all.