eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   safe to link to existing ebay account to increase limit in this case? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/55084-safe-link-existing-ebay-account-increase-limit-case.html)

sommer33 01-07-2013 12:36 PM

safe to link to existing ebay account to increase limit in this case?

my cousine in germany gives me the permission to link my ebay to hers, she has high selling limit there and is a top rated seller in germany. do you think i should call ebay to let them link my usa new stealth account to hers? any risk? i remember seeing this button in ebay "increase limit by linking your account to an existing account", a bit hesitating only because we are in different country

thanks very much!

ps: her account is real and legit, i also have one account that is real and passed verification - i don't want to risk this one though, thought to link a stealth one first, if successful, then link my real one

mista_khan 01-07-2013 12:40 PM

im not sure but shes in germany, your in usa, two different parts of the world bringing thier own troubles when mixed, i personally think it not a good idea, even if you phone them they will want you to be the owner of that account and thats not possible as you live in the usa?

bruceuk 01-07-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sommer33 (Post 408163)
my cousine in germany gives me the permission to link my ebay to hers, she has high selling limit there and is a top rated seller in germany. do you think i should call ebay to let them link my usa new stealth account to hers? any risk? i remember seeing this button in ebay "increase limit by linking your account to an existing account", a bit hesitating only because we are in different country

thanks very much!

ps: her account is real and legit, i also have one account that is real and passed verification - i don't want to risk this one though, thought to link a stealth one first, if successful, then link my real one

Do you not like your cousin very much ?
If not carry on as you could wipe out her account also.
This is not stealth this is silly.
Form your own stealths.
Dont involve family as it will end it tears trust me.
Your option in your mind is a quick way to big selling limits but it doesnt work.
All you are doing is linking a perfectly good legit account to a stealth account.
And you say you dont want to risk using your good account but your happy to risk your cousins ... Thats nice

sommer33 01-07-2013 03:10 PM

no-i'm not just being selfish. my cousine is actually my employee, so to say. she sells my product and i provide all the logistics and management, she gets her fair share. she does not have the intention to sell on ebay anymore, as she never did. she's getting a job this year and will close her (my) shop, but i'd hate to loose that trs account and that selling limit, hence the idea to link a stealth to it.

it is under her name, but all else is mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruceuk (Post 408175)
Do you not like your cousin very much ?
If not carry on as you could wipe out her account also.
This is not stealth this is silly.
Form your own stealths.
Dont involve family as it will end it tears trust me.
Your option in your mind is a quick way to big selling limits but it doesnt work.
All you are doing is linking a perfectly good legit account to a stealth account.
And you say you dont want to risk using your good account but your happy to risk your cousins ... Thats nice

sommer33 01-07-2013 03:15 PM

yes that is my concern. i mean if all ebay can say is just "no" then it's fine. if they come to scrutinize on me then it's just one of my stealth which i can afford to loose.

i was thinking i can say that is my wife/husband who is in germany - i used to live in germany too. no idea though if this works. is there anybody who has ever clicked on that "link" button before? i'm curious what the next screen would be - input the to be linked account - checking, checking - then sorry you have to call? if i know what kind of information they gonna ask i can ask my cousine to phone them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mista_khan (Post 408166)
im not sure but shes in germany, your in usa, two different parts of the world bringing thier own troubles when mixed, i personally think it not a good idea, even if you phone them they will want you to be the owner of that account and thats not possible as you live in the usa?

GreenBean 01-07-2013 03:46 PM

Not going to work internationally.

rsot 01-07-2013 07:29 PM

Yes wont work internationally and, even in the same country, not worth the risk of affecting a solid old account.

sommer33 01-07-2013 09:09 PM

she will not use that good old account anymore, unfortunately i can't persuade her to even sell that account to me - german people are very careful with their names :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 408260)
Yes wont work internationally and, even in the same country, not worth the risk of affecting a solid old account.

Stigger 01-08-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sommer33 (Post 408301)
she will not use that good old account anymore, unfortunately i can't persuade her to even sell that account to me - german people are very careful with their names :(

Just out of intrest, your cousin, you have same last names ?

sommer33 01-08-2013 04:29 PM

no... that would be good :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by TizWoz (Post 408342)
Just out of intrest, your cousin, you have same last names ?

GreenBean 01-08-2013 06:24 PM

As an aside to this kindness from ebay of linking another 'good standing account' to obtain increased selling limits, I have noticed they do the reverse to them.

Seller has an account that meets the supposed criteria. Links them & ebay has turned around & split limits.

Getting info from ebay on the topic is like tooth extraction.

Keep in mind the chance of limits being lowered (too).

sommer33 01-09-2013 03:05 AM

good point. i asked them casually they said only if the accounts have same contact informations, means address, name etc, need to be same. in my case even split would be nice - she has no limit on her account!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 408558)
As an aside to this kindness from ebay of linking another 'good standing account' to obtain increased selling limits, I have noticed they do the reverse them.

Seller has an account that meets the supposed criteria. Links them & ebay has turned around & split limits.

Getting info from ebay on the topic is like tooth extraction.

Keep in mind the chance of limits being lowered (too).