Questions regarding vcc & its use with paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-04-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Questions regarding vcc & its use with paypal

Hi All,

I am a little confused over something. I acquired a vcc through entropay and have the number and expiry date and security number etc.

However, i do not understand why i need this when i had to put my real bank account details into paypal, i.e. sort code and account number and they are depositing the two small amounts into my real bank account for verification. So what is it that i need the vcc for? I really dont understand?

Will it be ebay or paypal that ask me for the vcc details at some point?

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I am almost there, i am just confused over this.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

you do not need a vcc or card if you added a bank, as in theory you can pay fees and buy via your bank.

the reasons stealthers add a vcc is because 1/ uploading money from your bank shows your name on the bank credit....2/they do not want to give paypal permission to dip in to their bank if there is a chargeback etc.

for stealth you need to buy and pay fees via your existing balance or vcc.

if you really do not want to add a vcc, make sure you always have enough in your balance from sales to pay for anything...

but vcc is recommended. Also note that initial listings may not sell but fees may still be payable unless they are 99p listings..If there is no money in balance and no vcc, the bank is the default where the fees come from....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-04-2013 at 01:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
Tillyboo (02-04-2013)
Old 02-04-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I still do not understand it, because i ordered the vcc and did intend to use that to get verified on paypal. However, when i registered with paypal it didnt ask for a card number, it asked for sort code and account number in order to set up the direct debit. In other words, i wanted and had intended to use the vcc, but you dont get a sort code or account number with a vcc and therefore had to use the bank account (it has not previously been used on ebay/paypal before though). If there is no where to input just a long card number, then where would i use the vcc in regards to ebay and paypal? I thought i had all this sorted in my head but i am falling to pieces right now fearing that i may have done something wrong lol.
Old 02-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

you can add a vcc , under profile>add card

adding a bank was fine, it verified the paypal.

vcc is a different issue, you add it and confirm it (confirm the card) this confirms you are the owner of the card and can use it for buying and fees.

you will get the hang of it dont worry...
Old 02-04-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I ordered the vcc before i even set up a new paypal and ebay account. So when it came to setting up paypal i had the vcc info next to me ready to input the information.

However, after registered for a paypal business account, it asked me to provide my bank details and had boxes asking for my sortcode and account number, i did a quick search on the forums on here and everyone said that you need to input your real sort code and account number (so thats what i did). Then it asked me to set up a direct debit mandate and input the details of where the bank account was opened (so thats what i did).

However, the address on the bank card is different to the address that i have put on paypal. Will this matter? I could really do with some help with this issue, because i would have much prefered to have used the vcc info but how could i when it asked for sort code and account number?
Old 02-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

you have done the correct thing, addresses and names do not need to match. Name mismatch is usually ok, depends on bank. Which bank is it?

All you do is press button to confirm, on mandate page and they send deposits to your bank statement, you see them after 3 days and you input the code in to paypal and you are verified.
Old 02-04-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks hun, its taken a while, but i know i'm slowly but surely getting there

I've now added the vcc to paypal, but obviously because i have already added a bank account and that shows as the (primary) payment method, will this cause any kinds of issues for me?
Old 02-04-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Oh that's great, thank you so much for your help The bank is Barclays, i know Lloyds can be tricky as i have read on here so i have stayed away from them.
Old 02-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillyboo View Post
Thanks hun, its taken a while, but i know i'm slowly but surely getting there

I've now added the vcc to paypal, but obviously because i have already added a bank account and that shows as the (primary) payment method, will this cause any kinds of issues for me?
you pay fees or buy any the way you wish, just make sure the correct payment method option is ticked (dot in circle) when the transaction goes through. I agree the default is balance, then bank, then card, it always comes from balance( if there is one) first, then any remainder you get to choose where it comes from...