My Call to the Seller Vetting Department... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-14-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default My Call to the Seller Vetting Department...

I have an eB seller account, which is just over 60 days old with 10 or so positive feedback. When I opened this account back in Jan, I did not have access to the address, and when I wanted to raise the selling limit, the only option they gave me was to have a confirmation letter with code sent out, so I skipped that option, and continued to sell to my limits of 10/£650 per month.

Today I changed the address on the account to an address I have access to, hoping to raise the selling limit by having the confirmation sent out, but the ‘letter’ option is no longer available to me, and if I wish to proceed I had to confirm my bank account by logging into PayPal via eB. The process took about 30 seconds or so, and then it raised my limit to 25/£750. Not content with minor raise in selling limits, I decided to hit the ‘request higher selling allowance ‘again, and was promoted to contact a different customer service number (seller vetting). So I got on the phone with the rep, and asked for a higher raise, and had to answer some basic questions, then was basically told to send in invoices of the items I had sold, AND the items I wish to sell so they could make a decision if a raise was worth it. I was also told that I could not sell on this account until this info was sent in. At this stage I was slightly worried, as I had not heard of this process from anyone else on this forum. 2 mins later, I was slapped with a MC008 Notice asking for:

‘A copy of an official, government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license or passport.
-- A recent copy of a utility bill, bank statement, or credit card statement to verify your address.
-- The most recent invoice showing proof that you purchased the items you're listing on eBay.’

I was asked to send the invoices to a specific email, so all I sent in was the about 12 random invoices, without any ID docs or proof of address docs, as no mention of this was asked on the phone. Less than 2 hours later I received an email stating:

‘Thank you for contacting eBay in relation to your selling allowance.
The following limits now apply to your account: The total value of your active items plus sold items cannot be higher than £3,500.00 per calendar month. The maximum number of items you can list and sell per calendar month is 100.’

Very pleased with this increase, and was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience recently?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-14-2013

Longevity: 75%

best to use an address u have access to and even better if u ca have access to photo id and a utility bill
Old 03-14-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebills View Post
best to use an address u have access to and even better if u ca have access to photo id and a utility bill
Yeah I know, just weird how the option of the letter disappeared.
Old 03-16-2013

Longevity: 78%

Perhaps the case went up a level of security because you changed address and then, because it went to a manual review, it was actually less strict! They must have so many manual reviews to do and you had a load of genuine invoices to show. Guess it would take someone with time on their hands or some massive concerns to bother to continue to press for more info.
Old 03-17-2013

Longevity: 70%

Correct me if I'm wrong but Selling limits raise by themselves after 90 days usually after a good track record. Before 90 Days it's A very bad idea to call in. Even if your a legit account you are just asking to be banned.