FRORCOO2-Time for stealth acct?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-21-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default FRORCOO2-Time for stealth acct??

Hi,
I'm brand new to the threads and was relatively new to eBay. Started an account awhile back, it was limited to 10 items right off the bat. Dealt with that for 4 months, called eBay, they raised to 50 without any extensive questioning, still wasn't enough for the amount I could possibly be selling.

Dealt with the 50 for only a month(big mistake, I know...) Being stupid and "unknowledgeable" about eBay's customer service, I called for another increase. Representative was really nice, complimented my feedbacks and DSR's and simply said I would receive an email requesting some information, and my limits would be raised. I thought, 'seems easy'. WRONG

Received a FRORCOO2 email requesting ID, proof of residence, invoices,etc. Sent everything in(another mistake...) the next day, received another FRORCOO2 email requesting for more invoices. Sent that in yesterday but that's when I became worried. Not sure why they need more invoices, so I figured something must be up. I then did some searching and came across these forums, and purchased the stealth guide. I still haven't heard from them, but I assume my account may be limited, so I want to start on a stealth account.
I can't seem to change my IP address though, I have confirmed with my ISP that it is dynamic, but only changes when the lease is up, not when the modem is unplugged. I'm on cable internet with just the cable coming into the modem, and the Ethernet cable going to the computer. I have went through all of the command prompts but the IP doesn't seem to change. Are there any steps I could be missing? Or is it possible that my IP won't change even though it's dynamic?

If it won't change that way, is there another way that I can change it? Maybe a program or something?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated, I'm brand new to the forum, and unsure how it works.

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-21-2013

Longevity: 85%

yes, get a linksys router. you can change the ip address from the router.
The Following User Says Thank You to aribragin For This Useful Post:
Dan32 (03-21-2013)
Old 03-21-2013
Threadstarter  

I'd be able to change it on the router no matter what? Wouldn't matter what the lease time is for the IP with my ISP?
I'm also wondering about Dial-Up providers like NetZero. I assume everytime I would "dial" a connection, it would be a new IP? Would this work also? Would it be extremely slow?
Old 03-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Dial up is very slow. However if you use a 3rd party like Auctiva then you could do your listings through them and print your labels through them on your regular cable without messing with ebay too much.

I worked several accounts on dial-up until I was able to build up enough cash to get better options.

I have passed 1/2 a million dollars in sales on stealth accounts in less then couple years... Lots of knowledge and patience can get you there. Good luck!
Old 03-21-2013
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan32 View Post
Or is it possible that my IP won't change even though it's dynamic?
Are you using the same IP address to access this forum in question?

If you are, then your IP is static. (I checked)

If you would like to check yourself, go to this website...

What Is My IP Address? Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...

Then click on "Additional IP Details"

Then look at what it says next to "Assignment:"
Old 03-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Lots to understand and learn..

A new IP is part of your plan.

Since you are talking stealth, have you taken into account you need to supply everything new to make a stealth account work? If that is not done correctly there will be issues
Old 03-22-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGMT² View Post
Are you using the same IP address to access this forum in question?

If you are, then your IP is static. (I checked)

If you would like to check yourself, go to this website...

What Is My IP Address? Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...

Then click on "Additional IP Details"

Then look at what it says next to "Assignment:"

Wow. Thanks for the website link, very helpful. The funny thing is I just talked to a customer service tech yesterday and he assured me that my IP was dynamic. I should have known better than to think he actually knew something.
Old 03-22-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Lots to understand and learn..

A new IP is part of your plan.

Since you are talking stealth, have you taken into account you need to supply everything new to make a stealth account work? If that is not done correctly there will be issues

Thanks. I have taken this into account. After reading the Stealth Book, it seems like it shouldn't be to much of a problem for me to acquire new info,etc. Just a little inconvenient, but I have eBay to thank for that...
Old 03-22-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
Dial up is very slow. However if you use a 3rd party like Auctiva then you could do your listings through them and print your labels through them on your regular cable without messing with ebay too much.

I worked several accounts on dial-up until I was able to build up enough cash to get better options.

I have passed 1/2 a million dollars in sales on stealth accounts in less then couple years... Lots of knowledge and patience can get you there. Good luck!
I would be able to list through Auctiva without worrying/changing my IP address?