New to selling - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-13-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default New to selling

So Im new to the selling game with ebay and started out selling VERO iphone cases and got knicked when I tried to increae my selling limit. Ever since Ive done some research and came to this site to avoid getting my account suspended. Ive currently stopped selling VERO items and now have a couple generic items in the mail so I can start selling those. My question for now is I have a couple of accounts link to my paypal which are all in good standing minus the 1 VERO nick I have. I was planning on listing the same item in different accounts. Is this a ebay no-no???? Should I just list the one item as a buy it now with one account and list another item in the other????

Also what are some good tips to avoid getting in trouble with ebay. Ive purchased the stealth guide but dont really feel I need to do any of those things as my ebay account has never been suspended. I have a orginal account ive had open since 2007 and just recently opened a new one a few weeks ago

Also Im doing alot of importing from china, but Like Ive said ive stopped selling VERO items. I just purchased a bunch of generic low priced crap to put out on ebay. I shouldnt have any problems dealing with customs or paypal correct??

Last edited by KawiSix; 04-13-2013 at 09:49 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-13-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ok so I just tried to list a new item as well on my accounts and noticed that it wont let me till i send in the required information from my VERO strike. I was wondering do you think it would be possible to contact ebay and tell them that I made a mistake in the fact that I did not know I couldnt sell these type of items but am trying to relist unbranded items that comply with the policy. Like if I did this do you think they would release my account or should I just wait??/
Old 04-13-2013

Longevity: 82%

What required info? Usually they want you to take the tutorial after the first strike. The tutorial takes about 2 minutes and then you're good to sell.

What are they wanting from you?
Old 04-13-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

they want to verify my source on the items basically.
Old 04-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiSix View Post
Also what are some good tips to avoid getting in trouble with ebay. Ive purchased the stealth guide but dont really feel I need to do any of those things as my ebay account has never been suspended. I have a orginal account ive had open since 2007 and just recently opened a new one a few weeks ago
And what happens if your main account goes down? You have no back ups - you need to follow stealth and get back ups going.

Tips on avoiding trouble with eBay? Avoid selling VERO material is a big tip. What category listing? A LOT depends on what you sell
Old 04-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Ok so I just tried to list a new item as well on my accounts and noticed that it wont let me till i send in the required information from my VERO strike. I was wondering do you think it would be possible to contact ebay and tell them that I made a mistake in the fact that I did not know I couldnt sell these type of items but am trying to relist unbranded items that comply with the policy. Like if I did this do you think they would release my account or should I just wait??/
As a seller it is your duty to make sure the item you sell is OK to list on ebay.

ebay take a dim view of the I did not know excuse. Too many other sellers tried it. It does not work.

Use the time of your limitation to learn the better way to operate. If you go on listing VeRo then you will end up losing your account.

ebay makes victims.
Do not be one.

Old 04-13-2013
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

why sell vero? yes the profits are good but there are many other items to sell that will also bring you good profits will less grief
Old 04-13-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Like I stated in my 1st post Im new to the selling game. I recently was just watching over ebay and saw an item that was selling quick and had nice profits and went out to see where I could get this item. I knew nothing about VERO or policies with ebay as I never sold I just bought items on it. Now im a little bit more informed and am changing my practices as of now. Ive been doing research non-stop this week and ive found a number of different items I can sell that I dont believe are VERO as they arent name branded and can be listed as generic.

I have been really considering going stealth anyway as I dont want to have any problems with my main account so i might be getting my stealth accounts ready while my product is in the mail. Especially seeing as Im probably not going to be able to sell anything for a month or so. If thats how it goes with a VERO strike???

Only real problem I see with going stealth is the IP process. As I have u-verse which I know is static. I have my iphone to tether but 3g is slow as ever.

Last edited by KawiSix; 04-13-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-13-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Actually IP will be no problem, just rooted and tethered to my friends 4g android.
Old 04-13-2013

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
they want to verify my source on the items basically.
In my experience once that happens it's best to walk away from the account and start a new one. It'll take more time and effort saving that account than it will to just start a new one from scratch.
Old 04-14-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

even if this is just my 1st vero strike??? Ive only sold about 25 cases on this account and have gotten postive feedback already. Plus this account is like 6 years old.....
Old 04-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone View Post
In my experience once that happens it's best to walk away from the account and start a new one. It'll take more time and effort saving that account than it will to just start a new one from scratch.
Not if kawisix decides to stop selling that VERO item and move something less risk. One strike isnt the end but still - have to let the account cool a bit.

Keep building OP
Old 04-19-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Hi I'm new to this also, and if any one can help me. Is VeRo strike is mainly for counterfeit items? If I sell my one 4 year old used iphone + two 1 year used ipads or 10 high end designer clothings (mix of new without tag and used) , would this be candidate for VeRo strike or considered risky item categories? Thanks!
Old 04-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@CrouchingTiger

Those would be flagged as High Risk. Your listings would need to be in order plus your account should be in order as well.

Old 04-19-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

O.K. I will start with mix like clothing mug book, 1 item each. may be a 1-2 item per week. I understand ebay's needs regulation, but it really seem to became a madness.... I see why you have the juggling signature there My main account is 100 listing item limit and 100% buyers feedback. But decided to have at least one back up stealth account at all time.

Last edited by CrouchingTiger; 04-19-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Good plan CrouchingTiger - make 3 backup stealth accounts if you can
Old 04-24-2013

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder33 View Post
why sell vero? yes the profits are good but there are many other items to sell that will also bring you good profits will less grief
If only I knew what they were because I have spent the best part of 18 months+ looking for that product and am yet to find it.
Old 04-24-2013

Longevity: 77%

Yes @ OP, make sure you are using backup accounts and start slowly with them. A few items are to be sold on new accounts, wait for feedback and repeat the process. Do not put auctions at BIN 1p etc. as your account will go down quicker than it took you to make it.

Good luck