eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   EB/PP name question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/59388-eb-pp-name-question.html)

ebay*merchant 04-26-2013 12:42 PM

EB/PP name question

Hello, hope someone can help, when making the eb & pp account will it be best to use the name of the bank account holder instead of a made up one? I'm thinking this way I won't have issues with my bank further down the line? I understand most banks bar lloyds tsb allow dd from other names. Thanks in advance

rsot 04-26-2013 01:22 PM

I am just reading a bit deeper into your question but...wont all your bank accounts be in your name? So you are implying to use the bank account holder name all the time - not good.

Made up one works well for any bank that accepts the dd in different names. Lot of people do stealth here with different names.

You should have too much trouble with the bank as long as you are operating well -e.g. not overdrafting, no complaints of fraud, etc - make good ties with your bank

ebay*merchant 04-26-2013 01:34 PM

I have access to various bank accounts that's why I asked is it best to open the eb & pp in their names. What do you suggest I do? Open In bank account holders name or?

Ebayorbust 04-26-2013 01:39 PM

Open the ebay / pp accounts is any name - it doesn't matter. All the accounts that I sell on, the bank accounts are in my name. The ebay / pp accounts are in male and female names not even closely resemmbling my actual name.

I have been doing this for the best part of 4 years and it never has been an issue.

ebay*merchant 04-26-2013 01:48 PM

Hello, can you just confirm the PP can be in a females name & the bank account attached to it in a males name or vice versa?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 444066)
Open the ebay / pp accounts is any name - it doesn't matter. All the accounts that I sell on, the bank accounts are in my name. The ebay / pp accounts are in male and female names not even closely resemmbling my actual name.

I have been doing this for the best part of 4 years and it never has been an issue.

Ebayorbust 04-26-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebay*merchant (Post 444069)
Hello, can you just confirm the PP can be in a females name & the bank account attached to it in a males name or vice versa?

Correct. :)

ebay*merchant 04-26-2013 02:11 PM

Thank you both for the prompt replies!

rsot 04-26-2013 03:17 PM

I would suggest to stick to stealth - either use a made up name or name variation - dont use bank account holder name.

So...the bank accounts are not all yours? That is kind of dangerous - whose are they? People you know? Or made up?....

GreenBean 04-26-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebay*merchant (Post 444069)

When you make a new stealth account, you always use real ID for the bank account.

Then you can make your stealth (paypal) account in a name of your own choice. Male or female does not matter.

Bear in mind, you might have issues if you ever need to talk to ebay.
Boys pretending to be girls on accounts, and vice versa, might be tricky

:ranger:

ebay*merchant 04-26-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 444091)
I would suggest to stick to stealth - either use a made up name or name variation - dont use bank account holder name.

So...the bank accounts are not all yours? That is kind of dangerous - whose are they? People you know? Or made up?....

The bank accounts are owned by people I know. On another note I also have access to 4 empty properties all within 30 miles of me, I was planning on opening one new stealth eb & pp account on each address. Am I missing a trick? Is this the best way to go or can I make more than 4 stealth accounts?

GreenBean 04-26-2013 11:33 PM

Not good at all to use other people's bank accounts.

Avoid that as much as you can.

:nono:

rsot 04-27-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebay*merchant (Post 444152)
The bank accounts are owned by people I know. On another note I also have access to 4 empty properties all within 30 miles of me, I was planning on opening one new stealth eb & pp account on each address. Am I missing a trick? Is this the best way to go or can I make more than 4 stealth accounts?

The empty properties are nice for the address.

For bank accounts owned by other people...very dangerous, even if you know them well. Money has affected many a friendship or whatever...but that's your decision.

I do like the property access option :amen:

GreenBean 04-27-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebay*merchant (Post 444152)

Also be careful of access to those properties in case other people move into them.

You still have to be careful of your rights to use addresses.

There is a fine line.

:ranger:

newjerseymax 04-27-2013 09:54 AM

If you are really worried about the bank name then get a DBA and open account in that name. Then it will match and be legal. Additionally you can get a PO BOX pretty cheap and they will just about put mail in any name in your box. They are just not staffed enough to even consider checking names on mail at usps.

GreenBean 04-27-2013 09:59 AM

@njm

check the OP's flag.... he's across the pond

:cheer:

newjerseymax 04-27-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 444276)
@njm

check the OP's flag.... he's across the pond

:cheer:

No DBA or PO Box ? Ouch didnt realize!

Im sorry! :pry:

rsot 04-27-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebay*merchant (Post 444064)
I have access to various bank accounts that's why I asked is it best to open the eb & pp in their names. What do you suggest I do? Open In bank account holders name or?

Open your own bank accounts - visit the various banks - there is a nice list in the UK subforums