eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Banks I Have Tried (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/59928-banks-i-have-tried.html)

Claise 05-12-2013 05:27 PM

Banks I Have Tried

Hey Everyone,

Here is a recent list of banks/prepaid cards that I have tried and what I have found out from using them.

Bluebird AMEX Prepaid - Works great with PayPal withdraw. Includes bank account and 4 sub accounts that you can add! However mismatched names do not work with this card!

Visa Walmart Money Card - Although this card is through greendot from my experience it is one of the best cards I have used for stealth. It includes a bank account but it does have limits... A $500 withdraw limit per withdraw of Bank transfers from PayPal and a $1000 a month overall PayPal transfer limit. But purchase multiple cards and you are good to go! Mismatches and or completely incorrect names does not matter!

Bank of America - Great for stealth, bottom line! Mismatched/Incorrect names work fine and no limits on withdrawing from PayPal and have never had any problems with them!

US Bank - Recently I received a call from US bank about receiving transfers in another name via PayPal. They have threatened to close my account if this continues so I am not sure how much longer US bank will take mismatched names/incorrect names on PayPal withdraws. Be weary of this one I would say.

VIA Credit Union - This is a local credit union in my area spreading over a few counties. This credit union does not allow mismatched or incorrect names on deposits from PayPal otherwise they are fine to use for non-stealth.

Chase Bank - Another great bank to use with stealth accounts! Mismatched/Incorrect names are fine and I have never had any problems with Chase either.

Those are the banks I have tried and can confirm information for. I will keep trying to update as I open more accounts! :clap:

I am currently opening an account with Key Bank and am going to try them. Does anyone know if Key Bank works for stealth? Mismatched/Incorrect names and all that?

Sandy D 05-12-2013 07:07 PM

I use many credit unions and seldom have issues with them for stealth.

Local CU might be a bit more picky.

Nice list to get others posting some of their own experiences.

rsot 05-12-2013 08:49 PM

Love my Harris bank accounts - everything goes through to date (knock on wood) - not bad on fee side - can do savings and chequings

kenshintr 05-13-2013 02:27 AM

I have the opposite experience with you Claise. I am currently using US bank and Bluebird Amex. Both with completely different name and the transfer is fine. Since 2013, I have over 50k transfer to US bank and have no problem at all. I just start using bluebird for about 2 months now and no problem either.

Claise 05-13-2013 04:05 AM

@kinshintr

That is strange not even the 2 small deposits to verify the account went in for me. Called them and they said it didn't work because the name on the incoming deposit didn't match the name on the account. This was only last week from AMEX.

As for US bank. I was using a standard savings account. This could be why they gave me a call about it. I was doing 50k+ as well and they didn't seem to like that. haha

rsot 05-13-2013 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claise (Post 448839)
@kinshintr

That is strange not even the 2 small deposits to verify the account went in for me. Called them and they said it didn't work because the name on the incoming deposit didn't match the name on the account. This was only last week from AMEX.

As for US bank. I was using a standard savings account. This could be why they gave me a call about it. I was doing 50k+ as well and they didn't seem to like that. haha

For the 50k+, I have had good experiences when I leave some money in the account.

mercurial333 05-13-2013 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenshintr (Post 448830)
I have the opposite experience with you Claise. I am currently using US bank and Bluebird Amex. Both with completely different name and the transfer is fine. Since 2013, I have over 50k transfer to US bank and have no problem at all. I just start using bluebird for about 2 months now and no problem either.

How long have you been using US Bank with Paypal?

50$k in 2013 or since you opened it? Big difference.

Claise 05-13-2013 06:26 AM

Just wanted to update everyone on Key Bank. They have accepted the PayPal micro deposits!

Time to do some transfers! I'll keep you all updated as I try banks! :clap:

GreenBean 05-13-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claise (Post 448839)
@kinshintr

Did they say much more to you? I suspect the amount and being a savings account made them uneasy.

:ranger:

rsot 05-13-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claise (Post 448886)
Just wanted to update everyone on Key Bank. They have accepted the PayPal micro deposits!

Time to do some transfers! I'll keep you all updated as I try banks! :clap:

Trying to find the online link for Key Bank to begin contacting for international candidate application :)

Claise 05-13-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 448895)
Did they say much more to you? I suspect the amount and being a savings account made them uneasy.

:ranger:

Basically they told me that the transfers coming in are too high of an amount to be coming from an account with a different name on it. I'm assuming it was for fraud prevention. Which makes sense as I was way over what a normal savings account should have in it.

I have since closed the savings account and still have a checking with them that is going fine with small deposits ($200-$500) at a time on a newer stealth account (Totally Different Name). I'll keep you updated if they really do decide to close the account but I doubt it. They want their interest!

Edit:
@ RSOT

HAHA I don't know if they take Canada members or not. You need a SSN and ID number when you sign up online.

As of right now they have only taken the Micro Deposits to confirm the account. I currently have $500 pending and will let you know how it goes.

Sandy D 05-13-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 448898)
Trying to find the online link for Key Bank to begin contacting for international candidate application :)

The topic I believe is about USA banks and nothing to do with Canadian banks or anyone outside of the USA.

I am actually wondering when you will learn that USA banks need a SSN to open a bank account.

Poster did not mention anything about these banks working outside of the USA but yet you find a way to see if you can find a way to get yet something else from American banks ( GREENDOT COMES TO MIND ) etc without a SSN.

Let me help you with this.

https://www.key.com/personal/index.jsp?key=com

Locations

KeyBank has more than 1,000 full-service branches across 14 states.

Branch / ATM Locator

Hopefully you will find a USA bank that requires by law a SSN that works in Canada.
Branch Holiday Schedule

Claise 05-13-2013 08:51 AM

Kind of off topic but after digging around on Key Bank's website I have found out some good info for those that can't open bank accounts or have bad credit.

Key Bank offers an Access Checking account that you can't overdraft in and includes a debit card. This account doesn't require a credit check or a chexsystems check. It's kind of like a second chance account for people with less than perfect credit or people that have their consumer reports on chexsystems! The account can be open online as well for US residents and approval is instant! You get the account number right away! :shocked:

rsot 05-13-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 448911)
The topic I believe is about USA banks and nothing to do with Canadian banks or anyone outside of the USA.

I am actually wondering when you will learn that USA banks need a SSN to open a bank account.

Poster did not mention anything about these banks working outside of the USA but yet you find a way to see if you can find a way to get yet something else from American banks ( GREENDOT COMES TO MIND ) etc without a SSN.

Let me help you with this.

https://www.key.com/personal/index.jsp?key=com

Locations

KeyBank has more than 1,000 full-service branches across 14 states.

Branch / ATM Locator

Hopefully you will find a USA bank that requires by law a SSN that works in Canada.
Branch Holiday Schedule

I have bank accounts with Harris Bank and Bank of America - took me on as international applicant - they have MY CANADIAN ID on file - Chase also is in process of accepting me.

I do know about SSN requirements in the States Sandy D so please dont assume I am ignorant - dont know you approach this issue like that.

I will be contacting Key Bank today and seeing - and you know why? Because I love exploring when time permits and when LEGALLY allowed.

Again, so you can follow me better, I do know of the SSN requirements but some US banks do cater to Canadian citizens ESPECIALLY ones with solid credit and solid income.

Thanks for the link though :yar:

...And all I did was state that Harris Bank was nice for US pp stealth transfers...

rsot 05-13-2013 02:51 PM

Light follow-up - Called up Key West - yes they do cater to Canadian citizens (YAY) but... (BOO) because they only operate in 14 states, I do have to present myself in person. Other banks have UPSed me forms in the past and I send in my ID but Key West does not do this because (as Sandy D correctly identified) they only operate in 14 states.

New York has a lot of branches nearby so I will take a trip next month on the weekend or maybe this weekend - anyhow, at least they have branches open on the weekend :thumb:

Claise 05-13-2013 03:09 PM

@ RSOT
Congrats, They really are a nice bank. Everytime I have went in to a branch they have been nice!

Also got another bank to add for you all!

Huntington Bank - Great for stealth! No limits on withdrawing from PayPal and mismatched/incorrect names doesn't matter!

kenshintr 05-13-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercurial333 (Post 448870)
How long have you been using US Bank with Paypal?

50$k in 2013 or since you opened it? Big difference.

I open it back in 10/2012. My biggest deposit was around $15k and been doing $1k-$5k every two weeks. Initially I think they did have some concern but I go into the bank often to make cash deposit as well from selling on craiglist. As for bluebird, I have been using it for over 2 months now with a total deposit around $5k so far.

MM78 05-13-2013 06:04 PM

I think Aspkin needs to open a Bank and let us all in! Bank of Aspkin!

JamesNorth101 05-13-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 449141)
I think Aspkin needs to open a Bank and let us all in! Bank of Aspkin!

I second this if we can have a UK equivalent. And UK VBA's while your at it if you dont mind :P

Not asking for too much surely....

Speeder33 05-13-2013 09:45 PM

us bank has always been very nice to me, they will open me the most amount of accounts without a hassle and have no problems with mismatched names so far

Claise 05-14-2013 03:32 PM

Just wanted to update everyone,

Key Bank worked fine for the deposit of $500 from PayPal with completely incorrect names. I am going to be testing out Suntrust Bank next week. I will keep you all updated!

corleone 05-15-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claise (Post 449443)
Just wanted to update everyone,

Key Bank worked fine for the deposit of $500 from PayPal with completely incorrect names. I am going to be testing out Suntrust Bank next week. I will keep you all updated!

Suntrust is good.

As is Union Bank, US Bank, Chase, HSBC, BofA, Wells Fargo, USAA and many credit unions. I have several accounts at each of these banks, in both my name and wife's name and never a problem.