I mac multiple users for stealth.. Is that safe enough? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-26-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default I mac multiple users for stealth.. Is that safe enough?

I fear I may be about to be exposed as a HUGE idiot!!!?

I brought the guide, cleaned my mac in terms of history cookies, everything! New I.p and set up 3 new stealth accounts which have been running fine for 5 months, - please note this itself was a huge triumph for me! Im a computer dummy!! - anyway!

Last week I was knocked off an old account (1 year old account that was set up prior any suspension by another house holder) but i was using it, but it's was separated by different users from my other newer accounts.

I haven't been changing the IP from logging into 1 user account to another user account - say when I'm posting, I do all my postage for 1 account then log out - log in to another and repeat, and repeat... Am I a idiot!? Are my other accounts in jeopardy??? How long have I got if I'm doomed? Can I (or anyone else) save me????

My mind boggles at times with everything I'm doing, Im stressed to the hills just trying to stay on selling - long story but crushed my spinal cord a couple of years ago and cannot work anymore, selling at 1st was my saviour! Mentally and personally, it gave me a reason to get up! but also its now a financial must have!!! and I have just read a thread that makes me think I have mis-understood the guide...?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

sorry for your troubles, yes having something to do is great to focus on getting better, as well as financially.

so you are not changing ip then in between accounts? that is not good!

lets run through this, you have not changed ip at all? so you have same ip as the suspended one acc, on all/some of accs? if so they are in danger of some/all going down.

or are you saying you just logged in to the newer ones that are active but not the suspended one, with same ip? if so then they are linked but as long as they all remain up, then there would be no domino effect.

that said, ip is not the main linker, cookies are, and you have got seperate users, which is good.

I have known of ip slip-ups by me or other forumers that have not resulted in problems, so time will tell.
Honestlyhelpless (05-27-2013)
Old 05-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Thank you . I wasn't changing the Ip from logging in to now suspended account to active accounts that I was running at the same time, so I guess I'll have to wait and see now.

What is the easiest way to change ip on the iMac every time? I'd appreciate any help, thank you.

also I wondered if any one on here has ever had any success after ebay by opening their own online eshop, using shopify and Facebook promotion? (Should I start a new thread)?
Old 05-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

maybe start a thread in webjungle section.

changing ip, basically disconnect and reconnect and check it has changed.
Old 05-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestlyhelpless View Post
Thank you . I wasn't changing the Ip from logging in to now suspended account to active accounts that I was running at the same time, so I guess I'll have to wait and see now.

What is the easiest way to change ip on the iMac every time? I'd appreciate any help, thank you.

also I wondered if any one on here has ever had any success after ebay by opening their own online eshop, using shopify and Facebook promotion? (Should I start a new thread)?
You have to check if your IP is dynamic or static.

Quickest way is to use

IP Burger - Track Your IP Address!

Sign in, run that program ( created by aspkin). SIgn out, sign in & repeat check. Change of numbers means dynamic.

But you may be linked because of past usage. Do keep that in mind now.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Honestlyhelpless (05-29-2013)
Old 05-29-2013
Threadstarter  

Thank you - I had done the IPBurger ip check before setting up the stealth accounts - I'd read all the book - so it's dynamic it does change, but the MAC ip address on my iMac stays the same even though the ip changes? Is this safe? Please someone explain?
Old 05-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

For ebay, a different MAC address is not critical.

That is as it stands as of 29/5/2013.

This mac identifies part of how your computer communicates on its network with the rest of computer land. (More or less). ebay are not looking closely at this for the present time.
I can say that to you with confidence. If it was otherwise, I would leading the yelling.

Your basic aim is to run your accounts with a user account per ebay account & preferably a different IP.
Because you have active older accounts, not made in true stealth mode, you have to be more careful.

Let me know if you get this. I can explain again. But I do not want you to be overly worried.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2013
Threadstarter  

Thank you, yes I understand :-) one more thing! :-) do ebay not get suspicious with my ever changing IP address? As I have 3 accounts - all selling - sometimes I have to log in and out of accounts to post then back in to list, but if I've been to another account I'd need to change ip again! So twice in 1 day on each account - is that ok?

Thank you master :-)
Old 05-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

it is normal to have ever-changing ip, dynamic ip is the norm.
Old 05-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thank you, yes I understand :-) one more thing! :-) do ebay not get suspicious with my ever changing IP address? As I have 3 accounts - all selling - sometimes I have to log in and out of accounts to post then back in to list, but if I've been to another account I'd need to change ip again! So twice in 1 day on each account - is that ok?

MissGreen is preferred

Old 05-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Here's my concern for you.

Are these older accounts that you made before starting stealth?

If so, it is too late to worry about the IPs. They are already linked.

It's what you will do when you are fully stealth that we need to work out for your safest advantage.

Old 05-29-2013
Threadstarter  

No, they are made stealth - after my own went down I brought the book from here and used 2 family members details to start new accounts, and 1 using my own details but as instructed mismatched name abit and address.

but cleaned my pc as per stealth instructions before I started, then I set up 3 separate users, only thing I didn't do was change IP address each access time, other than that all separate - and all running ok at the moment... the 1 that went down last week was pre-stealth a genuine account that was my sons but was linked to my 1st non stealth account that went down 6 months before it,

they linked the 2 accounts after they say member clicks on my items!!! So I guess they then LOOKED at my account and saw the link, so that was that,

I'm appealing by scanning the receipts of some of the items which were high end designer as they were genuine nothing at all was ??? So I guess competition must have booted me? I'm not too hopeful of getting the account back but thought I would fight as they were wrong in taking me down - I've said I rent in a shared student house and have no idea why they are linking me to this other account - they named it in their correspondence - and asked them if they don't reinstate me how I get my money back from ebay as I paid £100 fees in advance (PayPal also went down but at least I can get at the funds after 6 months)

Thanks MissGreen Wow! Refreshing to know I'm not the only female on here! :-)
Old 05-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Certainly are more than two females on here.