eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   US Seller Opening Canadian Ebay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/60763-us-seller-opening-canadian-ebay.html)

Dmshark25 06-05-2013 12:06 AM

US Seller Opening Canadian Ebay

This may be a stupid question but up until now I have just been opening up US accounts but am interested in creating a Canadian account but have some questions

Now if I open a Canadian account how does it work, since I'd be shipping from the US does my account show up as Canadian account with a US seller tag line on the account??

Also when creating the account do I need all Canadian addresses??

Sorry if this is common sense I just wondered how it worked when opening a foreign account but shipping from my own country

Any input would be greatly appreciated thank you

MM78 06-05-2013 12:27 AM

There are several threads dealing with opening Canadian Accounts. I believe that all the info has to be Canadian including address. I believe you can add a US Bank Account and VCC but not sure on that one.

I've purchased stuff like Ink from a "Canadian" Seller but the actual item was shipped from a US Address...I believe this was a Stealther i made my purchase from.

rsot 06-05-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 455358)
This may be a stupid question but up until now I have just been opening up US accounts but am interested in creating a Canadian account but have some questions

Now if I open a Canadian account how does it work, since I'd be shipping from the US does my account show up as Canadian account with a US seller tag line on the account??

Sorry if this is common sense I just wondered how it worked when opening a foreign account but shipping from my own country

Not a stupid questions :) clarification one is nice

You would need Canadian-based address and Canadian IP initially. The account shows up as having you shipping from Canada - that being said, where you ship from is up to the buyer to be happy with or not...many should be ok thinking "Oh hey it's fast - he's in the USA!" - BUT...and I stress this: You cant use PP.CA to print SHIPPING labels since they will use Canada Post...useless if you ship in the US :(

GreenBean 06-05-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 455358)

Local address is needed, including the IP.

Item location can be stated ships from USA warehouse sometimes. (Depends)

rsot 06-06-2013 11:17 AM

Would also like to add that if you do this scenario, unless you specify you ship from US, you will get Canadian customers as well....they (like many many buyers) dont like have to pay custom fees and duties when they had thought the seller was based in Canada....

Plan accordingly.

jeffweico 06-06-2013 06:28 PM

Hey, RSOT, doesn't Canada also have a law that businesses cannot use your SIN numbers for their own purposes? Or am I mistaken?

rsot 06-08-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 455976)
Hey, RSOT, doesn't Canada also have a law that businesses cannot use your SIN numbers for their own purposes? Or am I mistaken?

2 scenarios jeffweico :

1. If you WORK for the businesses, they must have your SIN on file to pay you and do taxes...that`s normal.

2. If you do NOT WORK for the business, they cannot ask your SIN for any purposes unless you are applying for some sort of credit. Any other purpose is voluntary...not mandatory

Dmshark25 06-08-2013 06:38 AM

I think I'm gonna give this a try, and am I correct besides a Canadian address I also need a VPS not a VPN to obtain Canadian IP??

rsot 06-08-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 456416)
I think I'm gonna give this a try, and am I correct besides a Canadian address I also need a VPS not a VPN to obtain Canadian IP??

Any good manner to get Canadian IP is needed

GreenBean 06-08-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 456416)

Very wise choice for a VPS.

Look as much like a Maple Leaf fan as possible

:canada:

css1 06-08-2013 11:07 AM

A bigger issue than IP will be to get a real Canadian VBA, as US ones no longer seem to work.

john456 07-01-2013 03:44 AM

I am running into this VBA problem right now.

Just like Dmshark25, I am expending my stealth empire to include canadian accounts but I can't add a US VBA/Real account to CA paypal right now.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated
Quote:

Originally Posted by css1 (Post 456496)
A bigger issue than IP will be to get a real Canadian VBA, as US ones no longer seem to work.

GreenBean 07-01-2013 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john456 (Post 463639)
I am running into this VBA problem right now.

Just like Dmshark25, I am expending my stealth empire to include canadian accounts but I can't add a US VBA/Real account to CA paypal right now.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated

Stick to the main thread on VBA issues.

This will stop replies getting 'lost' that may benefit all of us with this darn hassle at the moment.

:peace:

rsot 07-03-2013 01:47 PM

olekstom87 07-09-2014 12:45 AM

Re: US Seller Opening Canadian Ebay

What about if you're just listing at ebay.com from ca account? In this case is it considered like you sell from US account? And if you have with this ca ebay also a ca pp, you can't get 1099, right ? What would be a year limit for canada before asking any proof of id's and other documents ?

kronengriffharry 07-09-2014 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olekstom87 (Post 565330)
What about if you're just listing at ebay.com from ca account? In this case is it considered like you sell from US account? And if you have with this ca ebay also a ca pp, you can't get 1099, right ? What would be a year limit for canada before asking any proof of id's and other documents ?

Did you notice that this thread is about a year old :shocked:

rsot 07-09-2014 04:22 AM

Quote:

You have posted on 3 threads the same question - BiN4RY has a good response for you on your other thread :)

GoteBay 07-09-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

As long as your account was created from ebay.ca, and attached to PayPal Canada, NO 1099 issues. Bank account has to be Canadian also to withdraw from PayPal.

Listing at ebay.com will allow you to print labels using USPS. This information is as current.

olekstom87 07-09-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoteBay (Post 565442)
Bank account has to be Canadian also to withdraw from PayPal.

A year ago US real bank account could be attached to ca pp. Someone from admins even said "it is a small gift from paypal". Did it change ? Can't you add US bank to ca pp anymore ? If yes, are there any other options (can't go to canada to open account) ?

GoteBay 07-09-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olekstom87 (Post 565592)
A year ago US real bank account could be attached to ca pp. Someone from admins even said "it is a small gift from paypal". Did it change ? Can't you add US bank to ca pp anymore ? If yes, are there any other options (can't go to canada to open account) ?

I have never tried to add a US bank to a Canadian PayPal.

GhostWhoWalks 07-10-2014 01:40 PM

Shouldn't have a problem I got dozen European stealths. And I include a Zip code in the USA from where the product will be shipped from. At times you can even register your Canadian address then add a US address from where it will be shipped from. You can pay directly on ebay for your USA shipping. I know I can from my European one using USPS. It prints tracking number and shows me the postage. Not a problem there.

Also you might run into a tiny bit of a problem that will get you going for hours. All you need to do is set the item as in what area it's at in the country. So pick USA and then provide ZIP Code/City name. And when buyers go on EB to search it and see that the item is located in 90210 then they will see it's coming from USA and cheaper shipping + no customs duty tax.

All my accounts have a US Shipping from address and they are all EUROPEAN but one of my Main US accounts.
------------------
Keep in mind your 1st time trying to pay for postage it will ask you for the address. ADD or EDIT. Let me know when you get there I can help you out on this one if you do start one up. IT will even ask you for a phone number for the US address you won't need to require one at all. I never did. And passed with flying colors.

olekstom87 07-10-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks (Post 565809)
Let me know when you get there I can help you out on this one if you do start one up.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.