eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Could you please help me figure out what I am going wrong? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/60957-could-you-please-help-me-figure-out-what-i-am-going-wrong.html)

avaxlover 06-10-2013 03:57 PM

Could you please help me figure out what I am going wrong?

I created 2 new US pp accounts few days ago, and verified them with VBA

I accepted like 2 or 3 payments on each (Totaling around $75 for each account), then after 48 hours I tried to make a payment from the first one (something like $30 or $35), the account got instantly limited, asking for ID and address verification.

The exact same thing happened few hours later to the second account (while trying to send a payment to a company - using the send money option)

The reason they given does not perfectly make sense: "We noticed some unusual activity on the credit card linked to your PayPal account."
Although no cc was ever linked to those two accounts.

I'm trying to figure out what went wrong on those 2 accounts (It's been more than 8 months using Canadian accounts with no similar problems)

PS: I'm using a VPS for both accounts (same company, different IPs)
The VBAs are for different banks.
I'm using Vmware.

Any insight would be helpful.
Thank you

Pasicel 06-10-2013 04:06 PM

You're a risk to paypal.

You're not letting the account age long enough, only a few days old?
You'll be needing months.

avaxlover 06-10-2013 04:10 PM

Was doing exactly the same thing for my Canadian PP accs, was not facing a problem.
I waited for the payment more than 48 hours, and 72 hours for the second account, Are you saying I should have waited more?

BigCJ 06-10-2013 04:17 PM

The amounts are too high for such a young account.

Pasicel 06-10-2013 08:52 PM

that's exactly what I'm saying, some accounts get lucky some don't

Quote:

Originally Posted by avaxlover (Post 457152)
Was doing exactly the same thing for my Canadian PP accs, was not facing a problem.
I waited for the payment more than 48 hours, and 72 hours for the second account, Are you saying I should have waited more?

MM78 06-10-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avaxlover (Post 457152)

:doh: Comparing Apples and Oranges!
Never assume because something worked somewhere else it's going to work in another place.

avaxlover 06-11-2013 01:40 AM

Thank you all for your help.
I'll try to drive it slower in the US accounts, would adding a card before the account gets limited have helped with the situation?

GreenBean 06-11-2013 02:17 AM

May be VBA issue too.

Check the security of your VPS. Make sure your IP was what you are logging.

avaxlover 06-11-2013 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 457290)
May be VBA issue too.

Check the security of your VPS. Make sure your IP was what you are logging.

I thought about the VBA, but it was ruled out since the accounts had different VBAs from 2 different banks (one instant verify and the other deposits).

As for the VPS, it might be it, had been using the same VPS company but for UK and CA IPs
This is the first time I'm trying their US VPS.

I also think PP is less alerted with untrusted new accounts when making a purchase (from a site) , than with sending payments (as service) from an account to another.

GreenBean 06-11-2013 05:56 AM

You are really misunderstanding paypal to say this.

If your account was not verified or confirmed, you are simply a risk to them.

Now, if you have the added issues of the VBA ( which you said you did) & VPS, then paypal flags such accounts.

paypal wants trust.

avaxlover 06-11-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 457333)
You are really misunderstanding paypal to say this.

If your account was not verified or confirmed, you are simply a risk to them.

Now, if you have the added issues of the VBA ( which you said you did) & VPS, then paypal flags such accounts.

paypal wants trust.

I agree on what you're saying concerning non verified Paypal accounts.
I generally never try to do any major activity on any account before it gets verified.

As for the VBA & VPS those are my only current options for the moment since I'm outside the US for the moment.

If I had better options than those I would not hesitate to use them.

ZoonVoo 06-11-2013 08:50 AM

VPS is a tricky way for many reasons, most of the VPS suppliers they do not have time to install fresh windows on each VPS they sell, so they are cloning to generate as many as fast VPSs, PLUS how would you know that the ip that they gave you is a new ip and not linking to a previous limited access account

There are many reasons that I will say no no to a VPS if you do not know how to make as new as possible

GreenBean 06-11-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avaxlover (Post 457355)
I agree on what you're saying concerning non verified Paypal accounts.
I generally never try to do any major activity on any account before it gets verified.

As for the VBA & VPS those are my only current options for the moment since I'm outside the US for the moment.

If I had better options than those I would not hesitate to use them.

Then rethink your methods.

Or this scenario will be repeated.

And trust me, I am doing enough cross border transactions to be aware of how difficult paypal has become.
:heh:

rsot 06-11-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avaxlover (Post 457145)
I created 2 new US pp accounts few days ago, and verified them with VBA

I accepted like 2 or 3 payments on each (Totaling around $75 for each account), then after 48 hours I tried to make a payment from the first one (something like $30 or $35), the account got instantly limited, asking for ID and address verification.

The exact same thing happened few hours later to the second account (while trying to send a payment to a company - using the send money option)

The reason they given does not perfectly make sense: "We noticed some unusual activity on the credit card linked to your PayPal account."
Although no cc was ever linked to those two accounts.

I'm trying to figure out what went wrong on those 2 accounts (It's been more than 8 months using Canadian accounts with no similar problems)

PS: I'm using a VPS for both accounts (same company, different IPs)
The VBAs are for different banks.
I'm using Vmware.

Any insight would be helpful.
Thank you

Looking at your post - quite a few contributive factors to your downfall.

1. Receiving payments and trying to spend the money within 48 hours = possible flag....trying to move the money too quickly.

2. I doubt that the VBA is the problem but recent trends have been showing PP is POSSIBLY screening for certain bank use.

3. VPS might have been already used...is it a popular service?

4. Sale of high risk items? V*Ro? Shipped with tracking proof?

avaxlover 06-11-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 457393)
Looking at your post - quite a few contributive factors to your downfall.

1. Receiving payments and trying to spend the money within 48 hours = possible flag....trying to move the money too quickly.

2. I doubt that the VBA is the problem but recent trends have been showing PP is POSSIBLY screening for certain bank use.

3. VPS might have been already used...is it a popular service?

4. Sale of high risk items? V*Ro? Shipped with tracking proof?

1 - For fresh accounts (less than 30 days old), I always used to spend my money after 48 hours (as long as I'm keeping $60 or $90 in the account and my sales don't go over $50 / day)
That always worked for CA accounts, not sure though if PP assesses risk differently between Canada and the US

3 - My VPS service is not a popular service, as far as I know.
Might the IPs have been used by another limited account? Yes it's a possibility.

4 - The payments were requested "service", not for a physical items.

Again, I've had successful experiences with CA PPs and those were my first 2 new accounts is the US, and maybe I might have been careless a bit and I'll learn from my mistakes, but in general, should I approach US accounts differently than how I approached the CA ones?

rsot 06-11-2013 01:31 PM

1. PP is always assessing risk - the fact that you spent the money in the past does not mean it will always work. Perhaps you got flagged this time around.

But still you do make a valid point - maybe the flagging risk system is a little different for the US pp accounts...definitely worth changing your pattern of using the money

GreenBean 06-11-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avaxlover (Post 457441)
Again, I've had successful experiences with CA PPs and those were my first 2 new accounts is the US, and maybe I might have been careless a bit and I'll learn from my mistakes, but in general, should I approach US accounts differently than how I approached the CA ones?

Each country differs.

All you can do is be careful.

rsot 06-12-2013 08:45 AM

If you are having good success with one country platform, stick with it and master it well - like you seem to be doing avaxlover

avaxlover 06-12-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 457803)
If you are having good success with one country platform, stick with it and master it well - like you seem to be doing avaxlover

That's exactly what I was doing until the US VBA problem came up "You cannot add a bank at this time".
My accounts are fine now, but I need to have new backups.

GreenBean 06-12-2013 09:48 AM

Take time to prepare then.

rsot 06-12-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avaxlover (Post 457809)
That's exactly what I was doing until the US VBA problem came up "You cannot add a bank at this time".
My accounts are fine now, but I need to have new backups.

Good efforts so far and excellent plan on the backups

Sandy D 06-12-2013 10:51 AM

The "you cannot add a bank at this time" would be a scary thought to me.

Do not load a bunch of money into any of these and find another source for IPs that dont just keep re sending the multiple used ips to you.