Best options for stealth:HMA vpn & then open VPN - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-19-2013
eran88

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Best options for stealth:HMA vpn & then open VPN

I wonder if I need a VPS or will an open VPN though HMA be enough for a stealth account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

VPN's are not recommended. HMA is generally NOT a good option. I would use a private VPN if necessary. Better yet, a VPS from a smaller, little-known provider.
Old 07-21-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

What's a "private" VPN as opposed to a normal VPN ?
Old 07-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by metatrade View Post
What's a "private" VPN as opposed to a normal VPN ?
A private VPN is simply a VPN hat is dedicated to your exclusive use. You can set one up on a VPS, or you can rent them from a provider.

The problem with most VPN services is that they use a pool of IP addresses, randomly assigning them when each user logs on. Yes, they may be selected by geographical area, but many people are using that same IP address. And the larger ones have IP address ranges that are known to eBay, Amazon and PayPal.

The last thing you want is for them to believe you are using a VPN, because they figure that you are hiding something.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
metatrade (09-27-2013)
Old 07-21-2013

Longevity: 64%

Are you saying that you think ebay or pp does not know when you are using a vpn or vps?
Old 07-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshan View Post
Are you saying that you think ebay or pp does not know when you are using a vpn or vps?
Only if the IP address is in their database. They ask for, and I'm sure they get, IP address ranges, from VPN and VPS providers. What other methods they have to acquire this information, I don't know.

There is nothing that I am aware of which flags the actual connection as a VPN or a VPS, as long as it is set up and used properly. For example, you want the IP location to be somewhere near your stealth user info. If the IP says Miami, FL you don't want the stealth address to be in Fargo, ND.
Old 07-21-2013

I just think it should be very clear that pp and ebay can see a vpn or vps and has nothing to do with ip range. Many many ways to see it flash, java, and port are the simplest.

Most vpns use port 3128 and vps's setup with squid, ubuntu and linux default port is 3128. These are the simple ways to see it not including the biggest internet company on the planet combined probably have ways we have not even seen or heard of yet.

My real question is why they dont care and I think it is because stealth teaches to go slow and keep on top of the accounts. I think if you really wanted to test a vpn or vps do some risky behavior and you will quickly see how fast they see a vpn or vps. I know people say they work and they do but it is more the process than the vpn or vps.

If you doubt me go to any reliable tester site and it will find you in two seconds. If you really want to find out go to odesk hire someone to build you a page to detect vpn or vps's. They will make it for you in 20 minutes.
Old 07-22-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Thank you for sharing your valuable knowledge with us peeps.

I want to set up some little known VPS's with Static IP's for AMz using a different company for each account. I would rather go this route so I don't have to worry about logging IP's, switching users, switching VMWare, switching dongles and having the ability to access them with ease from anywhere in the world from any computer as I travel a lot and much prefer to check the SOLD NOW emails on my laptop while nursing a Mojito and sunning myself on the beach.

I could use different instances of VMWare with dongles on a laptop but the difficulty arises when trying to show "local" IP's when abroad. Do you think VPS set up correctly would be the best way to go for me ? Perhaps there any other options better suited for me ?

I would like to create 2 or 3 bullet proof gold accounts that will stand up to scrutiny when a real pair of unforgiving eyes go over them as opposed to many throwaway ones. I know that nothing is guaranteed when it comes to the big A and would much prefer a "legitimate reasons" account when that inevitable time of bereavement comes.

Apart from the actions below, What can be done to prevent detection of a VPS ?

1. Wear a tin foil hat.
2. Disable flash Java
3. Change the default port from 3128 to something else ( Is that possible? )
4. Use rubber gloves so as not to leave any fingerprints on the laptop.
5. Make it not look like windows server 2008 as I have read that this is the case with VPS's ( Is that possible? )
6. Do all the regular processes as explained in the stealth guide.
7. Remove all labels from the laptop so they can't see what make it is.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"
Old 07-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

There ARE ways to prevent detection of a VPS or VPN but you need someone who has IT expertise to set it up properly. Ports can be changed and there are a lot of tricks especially when it comes to Linux based systems. I have used these, but I always have someone else make the modifications. I am more of a businessperson than an IT person.

I don't have a clue as to how someone would go about modifying a setup so that your Windows Server 2008 will show up as something else. My expert told me when choosing a VPS to be sure they allow root level access.

Another member here gave me an example of a site that uses VPS/VPN detection technology to block orders from VPS/VPN's to avoid fraud. I forwarded the info to my IT guy and he told me there are many things a website operator can look for to try to determine if the connection is a VPS/VPN but they are not able to be 100% certain as some things will indicate yes and others no. Maybe that is why eBay/Amazon are hesitant to pull that trigger.

It is kind of like anti-piracy technology. Remember CopyGuard on VHS tapes? Descrambler boxes? They were defeated. Blu-Ray was supposed to have something built in to prevent copying and it was defeated. Cinavia is their latest effort and there are already plenty of workarounds. It is a technology race. One side implements a security measure then the other side goes to work trying to defeat it. That can apply to nearly all technology.

Bottom line is, for STABLE accounts, I recommend using the safest possible implementations, even if it costs more. Most of my stealth identities are on separate PC's with separate internet connections from different providers. I use different browsers, sell different items, log on at different times of the day, etc. Make them look as different from your other accounts as possible. Maintain working numbers that show up as landlines. Use different brands of gift cards and VCC's. Use different banks. ANYTHING to avoid linking.

More experienced users may have noticed that linking does not always happen immediately, especially on eBay. But when ONE account goes down, others may follow.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
danshan (07-27-2013), GreenBean (07-26-2013), metatrade (07-27-2013), rsot (07-26-2013), SUVE (07-26-2013)
Old 07-27-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Thank's Jeff, A lot of very good info,

As you say, it's a cat and mouse game with technology, I want to try to cover every angle, regardless of cost because longevity and stability are the most important factors.

I know very little about IT but I spoke to an IT friend of mine today who know's about VPS's so I'll pick his brains regarding what I have learnt so far. I'm sure he'll know how to do it, but I just need to tell him WHAT to do to prevent it from all ending in tears.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions about the necessary modifications to make to a VPS for detection prevention on AMz ?

Thank you for your input !

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"
Old 07-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I know very little about IT but I spoke to an IT friend of mine today who know's about VPS's so I'll pick his brains regarding what I have learnt so far. I'm sure he'll know how to do it, but I just need to tell him WHAT to do to prevent it from all ending in tears.
That's a good approach - perhaps bring some info here to simplify things for other interested people here too
Old 07-28-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
That's a good approach - perhaps bring some info here to simplify things for other interested people here too
Will do once setup,

Question,

I am assuming that a fixed IP on a VPS with AMz would be better than dynamic because if your acct has passed reviews and is still going strong after 2 - 3 months, you can be fairly certain that it won't get canned due to a "known" or burnt IP change later on down the line.
If it's going to happen due to a risky IP, It would be better for it to happen sooner rather than later when you have invested a lot of time and effort into it.

Any reasons not to use a fixed IP ?

Old 07-28-2013

Quote:
Will do once setup,

Question,

I am assuming that a fixed IP on a VPS with AMz would be better than dynamic because if your acct has passed reviews and is still going strong after 2 - 3 months, you can be fairly certain that it won't get canned due to a "known" or burnt IP change later on down the line.
If it's going to happen due to a risky IP, It would be better for it to happen sooner rather than later when you have invested a lot of time and effort into it.

Any reasons not to use a fixed IP ?
Fixed ip is the way to go
The Following User Says Thank You to danshan For This Useful Post:
metatrade (07-28-2013)
Old 07-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshan View Post
Fixed ip is the way to go