eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Using paypal or not & other payment methods questions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/62729-using-paypal-not-other-payment-methods-questions.html)

amysol 07-31-2013 02:55 PM

Using paypal or not & other payment methods questions

I believe paypal now does a 90 day restriction on all new ebay selling paypal accounts. For 90 days they hold the money for 21 days I think it is, or for 3 days after the tracking shows delivered.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Also, where can I read about new paypal accounts? I hear a lot of talk about restrictions on paypal side, I never experienced this but I want to learn more.

amysol 07-31-2013 03:01 PM

I am reading that there are merchant accounts that I can use that allow buyers to pay with paypal, but that don't require me to have a paypal account. Is this true? If so what merchant accounts work this way? Will I need a seperate merchant account for each stealth account?

Please advise, I am very interested to learn more about avoiding paypal.....as they screwed me over starting back in 2004 out of thousands of dollars.... If I can do ebay without paypal I would be SOOOO happy!

What about this ccnow.com What about just not using paypal? I see that thread was from 2007 but are people not using paypal now a days?

JamesNorth101 07-31-2013 03:09 PM

No steadfast way to avoid the 21 day holds. If you keep high DSR, high feedback and have few complaints then they will eventually get removed.

Thanks

JamesNorth101 07-31-2013 03:22 PM

If you dont use PP, then you will not get PP holds.

Lots of alternatives about, Skrill, Merchant accounts

Not used CCnow.com myself so cannot comment on that.

Dmshark25 07-31-2013 04:13 PM

If u sell on ebay , and don't have Paypal your sales will drop , most buyers are brain washed thinking its the only safe payment method when shopping online.

And like u said its really not a 21 day hold , and if u ship priority which I always do the package arrives in most locations in 2 days and than the funds are released 2-3 days so funds are held between 4-6 days which isn't bad at all

In the beginning it's a little tough but once you make enough accounts you can set it up to where deposits are made everyday into your bank accounts

chilaxincoro 07-31-2013 04:40 PM

Some people are so fed up with Paypal that they just use some other payment option. But there is only a small percentage of people that do that because some idiots think Paypal is the safest payment method, but most people still use Paypal.

aspkin 07-31-2013 04:47 PM

Agreed, PayPal is what the masses ask for so we have to deliver otherwise risk losing sales; most people are using PayPal.

rsot 07-31-2013 05:45 PM

For eBay, pp is still the mode of choice - for rest of internet...while PP has a large dominance still, you can coax ppl into paying via other methods - gc, ccnow, skrill, etc.

Amazon payment processor also exists for your exploration

GreenBean 07-31-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysol (Post 472868)
I saw a thread about people just not using paypal at all. They just go to ccnow or google checkout. But this thread was in 2007. Are people simply not using paypal at all now a days or does that not work anymore?

paypal has managed to brain wash its users.

Combine that with its prescence on ebay and buyers go for the paypal button (almost) out of the box.

That means a (new) seller needs to decide what methods to use and how to get sales.

Most will go the way of paypal.

The other options are there. There is the issue of extra work to get buyers to use other payment methods.
Google checkout is now goggle wallet.

You would need ( I think) to look at how much time you can devote to using other methods.
Correct usage of paypal may be a more suitable option.
:mod:

amysol 08-01-2013 11:44 AM

I thought that I could have a merchant account somewhere with another company, but that people can still pay me using their paypal account. IS this not how it works?

rsot 08-02-2013 09:51 AM

Yes amysol - example is CCNow which will accept PP payments but you wont need your own PP - fee is bit higher than PP though