eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Hard drive gone down... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/62834-hard-drive-gone-down.html)

turboman 08-03-2013 12:40 AM

Hard drive gone down...

hard drive went pop :rip:

so lost all my user accs and what have you along with pretty much everything

also my stealth book so i dont have it to broswe upon to see how i go about setting back up on new pc...

as luck will have it i bought a new netbook that im on now not so long ago, but didnt back up my other hd... yeah i know :nono: :surrender:

so... good job i did back up all my stealth infos though :heh:

so do i just make a clone now using all the same user accs and such... obviously cookies are fresh but i should be ok right

also can i get a fresh copy of stealth as im still under sub contract :heh:

go easy on me

cheers :brushteeth:

TonyAlmeida 08-03-2013 01:02 AM

- For the stealth book, just download the new copy and ask Aspkin for the key again
- For the cookies, you should be OK cause people getting new computer all the time
- Best to use a desktop with RAID HDD or use Acronis to backup the partition everyday.

For the stealth I use to write down in the note book and on Google Drive as well.

GreenBean 08-03-2013 01:11 AM

@turboman,
I'll get a reset arranged for you, Hun.

Rest of your plan sounds OK.

Good work on doing back up as you went.

:peace:

uscool 08-03-2013 05:55 AM

same happened to me , i have backup on usb, i even backed up my cookies , i use firefox and you can just go into a folder and copy the stuff over, and once reinstalled just copy the files to that folder and open firefox and looks like you never been away, very simple

JamesNorth101 08-03-2013 09:20 AM

If you do want the data from the Hard Drive, it may still be recoverable. Take it to a local computer shop and they will be able to tell you either way.

An0nym0u$ 08-03-2013 10:19 AM

TonyAlmeida's advice below regarding Google drive is great for issues like this. I also converted to this method a year or so ago when I lost one of my drives.

Quote:

For the stealth I use to write down in the note book and on Google Drive as well.
Keep all of your stealth information stored on Google drive (or whatever Cloud setup you like). This way, it is accessible anywhere that has Internet connection.

I have a central Google drive excel spreadsheet that is shared among all of my stealth accounts. I can access that spreadsheet at work, my parents house, home, etc. It is very convenient to have the stealth information always in front of you (never know when eBay will call!).

oompaloompa 08-04-2013 08:02 AM

Now the only thing I do is just back up my spreadsheets on usb, they are crucual. I lost my spreadsheet once, when it suddenly failed and there were thngs on there I just could not remember.

most things like attachments and links are held somewhere on email anyway...

user accounts are easy, just make a new one, log in and browse and next day you are good to go...

FMI is googledrive safe for your stealth files? I mean, mine have bank details and stealth user names and passwords etc, having been hacked before (partly my fault) and knowing that google generally is snooped. I would rather have them on a usb that is independant.

TonyAlmeida 08-04-2013 09:41 AM

Google account got hacked, wow.

An0nym0u$ 08-04-2013 12:37 PM

Yes, it is possible if you are careless w/ your Google account. It's always best to practice some of the steps outlined below (especially if you plan on retaining sensitive account information their cloud drive).

How to stop your Gmail account being hacked | Naked Security

rsot 08-08-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ (Post 473975)
Yes, it is possible if you are careless w/ your Google account. It's always best to practice some of the steps outlined below (especially if you plan on retaining sensitive account information their cloud drive).

How to stop your Gmail account being hacked | Naked Security

Fun line from the site:

6. Why are you using Gmail anyway?

Okay, I don't really mean that. But I do mean, why are you storing sensitive information in your Gmail account?

The news headlines claim that senior US political and military officials were being targeted by the hackers. Surely if they had confidential or sensitive data they shouldn't have that in their webmail account? Shouldn't that be on secure government and military systems instead?

Always think about the data you might be putting on your web email account - because if it's only protected by a username and password that may actually be less security than your regular work email system provides.

An0nym0u$ 08-08-2013 10:17 AM

Yeah I thought that was silly. But the other tips are helpful. Scary to think how much info we provide Google.

An0nym0u$ 08-08-2013 12:17 PM

I think this thread must have jinxed me...my hard drive just crashed yesterday! :rip: Good thing I was using it as just a spare storage drive and my main Windows accounts are running on a separate SSD drive.

Glad Western Digital's RMA process is sooo easy. :typing: