eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   paypal account limited after first sale (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/63557-paypal-account-limited-after-first-sale.html)

john456 08-20-2013 10:43 PM

paypal account limited after first sale

Hello

I have created a new eb/pp stealth account. My first sale was completed this week-end. I sold a pack of 5 generic eraser on ebay for less than $3. I shipped the item yesterday, entered the tracking number in ebay (it will be delivered tomorrow).

Today my Paypal account got limited. Paypal is asking me to provide:
* proof of delivery
* invoices
* proof of identity

This seems weird on such a low amount, such low risk item and first transaction.

Is this eb/pp account worth salvaging? What could have triggered the paypal limitation so soon?

thx
J.

corleone 08-20-2013 10:48 PM

I've had this happen a couple times, but it is rare, It has probably happened to roughly 2% of my new paypal accounts, so 2 times in the last 100 paypal accounts I've made to the best of my memory.

I just ditch the account if it happens. An MC999 is easy to fix, but I hate dealing with paypal, so it's not worth it to me.

john456 08-20-2013 10:53 PM

any known misteps could trigger that?

john456 08-20-2013 11:00 PM

I have just called. For selling 5 erasers, they need:
* Proof of ID
* Proof of address (utility bill)
* proof of social security number
* receipt/invoice
* tracking information

Is it really bad luck? I feel like I missed an obvious stealth step here.

Dmshark25 08-20-2013 11:02 PM

Could just be a random limitation, go over all your steps carefully but don't rule out that Paypal has a randomness built in

john456 08-20-2013 11:09 PM

This is a test account. I am using some accounts to understand how things work in depth.

Some context on this specific account:
* created 2w ago
* no buyer feedback/limited browsing (fb = 0)
* UPS street address
* Google voice
* VCC is not AVS. VBA is suntrust.
* eb account got MC999 2w ago for selling penny auction but was re-instated

I am thinking about ditching that pp account unless there is a way to save it.

corleone 08-20-2013 11:09 PM

I pretty much open all my accounts the exact same and I haven't figured it out. Could be completely random, that's my best guess.

corleone 08-20-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john456 (Post 479001)
I have just called. For selling 5 erasers, they need:
* Proof of ID
* Proof of address (utility bill)
* proof of social security number
* receipt/invoice
* tracking information

Is it really bad luck? I feel like I missed an obvious stealth step here.

You proved my point pretty well. Paypal = :rip:

And yes, I think it's complete luck. You could open 20 more accounts and not have that happen again after the first sale.

vogeltron 08-21-2013 03:06 AM

Yea, I think getting a few buying feedback and using PayPal with you Prepaid Card or whatever even for Dollar items. You can read the other threads may help avoid this.

Just my opinion, but I always prefer to spend some time getting some buying feedback before I add a bank account to my PayPal and try to sell anything.

john456 08-21-2013 03:31 AM

I like that idea on purchase with VCC/no bank account before selling. I will try it on new accounts.

I have two other eb/pp accounts created with the same method (no purchase on VCC). I will see if I run into limited issues or if it truly random.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 479045)
Yea, I think getting a few buying feedback and using PayPal with you Prepaid Card or whatever even for Dollar items. You can read the other threads may help avoid this.

Just my opinion, but I always prefer to spend some time getting some buying feedback before I add a bank account to my PayPal and try to sell anything.

rsot 08-21-2013 05:28 AM

Quite a few steps to resolve to get a couple of dollars....I would be more prone to just redoing a new stealth combo

GreenBean 08-21-2013 06:00 AM

Why sell without some buyer's feedback?

Look at that option.

Dont forget, both ebay/paypal want trust.

And we know how they deserve ours....

always, and forever.

:mad:

An0nym0u$ 08-21-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john456 (Post 479005)
This is a test account. I am using some accounts to understand how things work in depth.

Some context on this specific account:
* created 2w ago
* no buyer feedback/limited browsing (fb = 0)
* UPS street address
* Google voice
* VCC is not AVS. VBA is suntrust.
* eb account got MC999 2w ago for selling penny auction but was re-instated

I am thinking about ditching that pp account unless there is a way to save it.

I put in bold what I think is drawing the flag. I definitely think you are selling too quickly on the accounts.

Here is my personal method that I posted on a different thread...

Quote:

From day 1 to day 30, my account is just a buyer's account. Simple bidding, buying, and winning some cheap items to build up feedback.

After 30 days, I start to sell my first couple of items. I sell items that have high chance of getting positive feedback and low chance of returns.
After 60 days, I slowly increase - always varying the products.
After 90 days, once the limits are increased, I start to sell more - always staying under ebay's limit.
Granted, I don't have alot of stealths accoutns...but this "crawl, walk, run" method that I'm doing is paying off.

john456 08-21-2013 11:55 PM

I am probably going to fight this one with paypal and provide the document they need.
It will be a good learning experience and I may even get $3 back at the end of the process.

@anonymous: thanks for the tips.

@GB: I am going to sell with buyer feedback from now on. Poor success rate by trying to skip that step with US accounts.

rsot 08-22-2013 05:02 AM

Suggestion john456: browse and bid for 2-4 weeks before selling.

john456 08-22-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 479440)
Suggestion john456: browse and bid for 2-4 weeks before selling.

I know... I did a batch of accounts trying to cut that specific rule and so far it has not gone great. When it is not ebay freaking out, it is paypal.

Next batch, I will browse bid for 2-4 weeks.

GreenBean 08-22-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john456 (Post 479401)
I am probably going to fight this one with paypal and provide the document they need.
It will be a good learning experience and I may even get $3 back at the end of the process.

@anonymous: thanks for the tips.

@GB: I am going to sell with buyer feedback from now on. Poor success rate by trying to skip that step with US accounts.

Your bonus should be higher than $3 for all the info you have to supply.

For the future, change the methods.

Browse, wait to bid. Have some feedback.

Bottom line.... your choice, of course.

:mod:

GhostWhoWalks 08-22-2013 11:41 AM

Could be an IP address issue.

Last month I opened up 20 accounts. 6 of those accounts were no problem.

14 of them required verification. I was looking on excel since I put everything in there such as

IP log in / password / email address / password

And I put the whole account under RED so I can see it and wonder what went wrong. I noticed 2 sets of IP addresses.

1 set was no problem the other set required it. It's probably that.

examples

198.218. (718) problem <--- 718 and anything after that was a lost. I got the verification done anyways.
198.218. (412) no problems.

john456 08-23-2013 12:32 AM

Thanks GhostWhoWalks.

I will look into that possibility.