hello and questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-13-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default hello and questions

Just got restricted a month ago. started july last year. gross seven hundred in july when i started. 15k each in dec, jan, feb. Then downhill with limits and 21 day turnover. Then below standard for so long (was going to take 6 months if I maxxed out my monthly item limit (45) which was descreased from 100 to 80 then 45 and then didn't get any more low dsr which I'm pretty sure is impossible with higher volumes in high risk categories) is supposedly what got me. They said even though I was improving, because I remained below standard they were cutting me. Did they not do the math? I'm pretty sure I was set up to fail lol! I didn't realize I should have been asking for item number increase limits as well as dollar amount. 99-199 transactions needed to balance out one low dsr ... dafuq?!

Anyhow, I have an account in my moms name (totally ok'd with her) and I've only been able to post 1 item in my high risk category per month ... roughly. This month I know it was one for sure.

I made this account before I knew about stealth and after I went below standard on my main account and they lowered my limits. So they are already linked by IP, phone number and return address (different registration and ship from address though). Anyhow, it had a 300/25,000 limit to begin with. Is this because of how I set up her Paypal account as a business account and put high expectations on there? A couple days later they moved it to 300/15,000.

My 90 days on that account should be up around the 20th of this month. Should I expect to be able to start filling out those limits in this category assuming I don't get suspended/restricted? Would it do it automatically or do I need to call and pretend to be my mom (luckily haven't specified gender) after 90 days to have them lift category limit? This account has not had a card added to it yet.

Also, I finished my first stealth account a few days ago and listed my first item. Yeah I'm impatient lol I'm up to my neck in inventory right now. Woke up the next morning to a suspension. I know it's not my IP stuff or mismatch names or anything.

After Paypal did their intial double deposit and retrieval to bank account and after I verified amounts .... they said they were sending another 10 cent deposit which they would retrieve. Is this standard? Regardless, my account was in the negative from the first deposits because accountnow chargers the $5 fee thing which I hadn't put any money in there yet. This account also does not have a card attached to it yet. It was also my standard high risk item. It was also probably very similar to all my other listings. I can't really change the titles that much. Does capitalization fool the system? I suppose it's easier to change the description but they are just so perfectly simple and professional it's hard to think of it.

Should I just return email the suspension notice or should I get all my stuff together for the account and call them?

Sorry if you don't like ramble! Bolded = important?*****

thanks for any help!

*****BOLD type is to try to expand on my concerns, not demanding at ALL*****
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: hello and questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzamb1415 View Post
Just got restricted a month ago. started july last year. gross seven hundred in july when i started. 15k each in dec, jan, feb. Then downhill with limits and 21 day turnover. Then below standard for so long (was going to take 6 months if I maxxed out my monthly item limit (45) which was descreased from 100 to 80 then 45 and then didn't get any more low dsr which I'm pretty sure is impossible with higher volumes in high risk categories) is supposedly what got me. They said even though I was improving, because I remained below standard they were cutting me. Did they not do the math? I'm pretty sure I was set up to fail lol! I didn't realize I should have been asking for item number increase limits as well as dollar amount. 99-199 transactions needed to balance out one low dsr ... dafuq?!
Yep, this is common with ebay. Set you up to not be able to succeed. For some reason they 'think' they are OK to do this.

Quote:
Anyhow, I have an account in my moms name (totally ok'd with her) and I've only been able to post 1 item in my high risk category per month ... roughly. This month I know it was one for sure.

I made this account before I knew about stealth and after I went below standard on my main account and they lowered my limits. So they are already linked by IP, phone number and return address (different registration and ship from address though). Anyhow, it had a 300/25,000 limit to begin with. Is this because of how I set up her Paypal account as a business account and put high expectations on there? A couple days later they moved it to 300/15,000.
Business accounts can get higher limits. Using relatives' info is never recommended, even with their approval. Your Mom is liable for taxes since trading is in her name Account may go down later so be aware of that....linked does not work.

Quote:
My 90 days on that account should be up around the 20th of this month. Should I expect to be able to start filling out those limits in this category assuming I don't get suspended/restricted? Would it do it automatically or do I need to call and pretend to be my mom (luckily haven't specified gender) after 90 days to have them lift category limit? This account has not had a card added to it yet.
Always, always preferable to allow accounts to mature by themselves. Avoid making more grief at all costs.

Quote:
Also, I finished my first stealth account a few days ago and listed my first item. Yeah I'm impatient lol I'm up to my neck in inventory right now. Woke up the next morning to a suspension. I know it's not my IP stuff or mismatch names or anything.
It is a standard practise to put a suspension on new accounts. Look for MC999 on the forum.

Quote:
After Paypal did their intial double deposit and retrieval to bank account and after I verified amounts .... they said they were sending another 10 cent deposit which they would retrieve. Is this standard?
Yes. That happens these days.
Quote:
Regardless, my account was in the negative from the first deposits because accountnow chargers the $5 fee thing which I hadn't put any money in there yet. This account also does not have a card attached to it yet. It was also my standard high risk item. It was also probably very similar to all my other listings. I can't really change the titles that much. Does capitalization fool the system? I suppose it's easier to change the description but they are just so perfectly simple and professional it's hard to think of it.
two points not in your favor. accountnow has issues with paypal. Should have picked differently. 2nd point, I wish capitalization fooled the bots. That is a big no, it does not LOL.

Quote:
Should I just return email the suspension notice or should I get all my stuff together for the account and call them?

Sorry if you don't like ramble! Bolded = important?*****

thanks for any help!

*****BOLD type is to try to expand on my concerns, not demanding at ALL*****
I kinda do not want to rain on your parade. But you are all over the place right at this moment.

It does not work rushing at stealth.
I will leave you to think over my reply. Post again so we can discuss.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
kenzamb1415 (09-15-2013)
Old 09-15-2013
Threadstarter  

My MC999: I read and many people say to call and you say not to call. Mine is one of the "serious security concerns" MC999. Is there something else I should do or wait to do besides calling? It seems like if the only thing to do is scrap the account then you ought to call first.

Does it matter if your email registered name is your real suspended name? I've realized I did not use my new ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name.

Also, what is the significance of the gift credit card verification if you are bank and phone verified? I know it lifts withdrawal limits but does it do anything for seller credibility?
Old 09-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

With a MC999, your only choice to save the account is to call in - you have nothing to lose because your account is restricted. Dont want to call? Then unlikely to be able to save the account.

E-mail....a good question...if I were an eB agent and saw an e-mail that has different name then the account name, I would be suspicious of the account. What action an agent may take? Well it depends - kind of logical to block suspicious-looking accounts in my opinion.

Significance of Gift CC CONFIRMATION is that it does enhance the security of the account besides the limit lifting.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
kenzamb1415 (09-16-2013)
Old 09-16-2013
Threadstarter  

But do we know if they can see the name on the email account? Not the handle befre the @sign but the registered name on the account.
Old 09-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

The cant see the NAME of the e-mail account - I was just saying ...let's say you make your account under Tom Stealth - if your e-mail is joechill@***.com - a manual review MIGHT spark some raised eyebrows...otherwise nothing to note.