If I only have one stealth account, is this a good plan? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 12-08-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default If I only have one stealth account, is this a good plan?

Hello, I just bought the stealth guide a few days ago and read it all the way through an I was wanting to get some input on you seasoned members out there about my plan.

First things first, I'll try to make this simple. I had two ebay accounts under the same paypal. #1 account got restricted for a complaint about a buyer thinking the item was counterfiet and ebay stopped me from selling in that category after I sent them a proof of purchase and all the documentation and they limited me without a reason in their email. Typical ebay. So I quit selling on that account after getting that bs issue "resolved" as ebay saw it. I went to my 2nd account that I NEVER sold on, only bought. And slowly listed the same items with slightly different description as new pictures (more HD) and gradually started selling on it and all was good. Until about a month or two in to it ebay sent me an email saying my #1 account, that I had to send proof of purchase into, had dropped below average in seller performance because of DSR. So I called and they told me to go back and keep selling on that account and try to fix it. So I did and was doing that for a month when two days ago I got another email. My 2nd account had been suspended! The one that I only sold on for like a month and it had good DSR, one negative feedback with like 65+ feedback. Keep in mind, when I went back to fix my seller performance, I quit selling on the 2nd account. I don't really sell on two accounts at same time, I can do it I just don't like to confuse myself and mess up somewhere, so when I sell on one account I quit the other.

So now I am suspended on one account and my paypal is fine, no limitation or suspension, only 21 day hold on ebay payments but that was there before anything happen. And my other ebay account is ok, all the they did was limit my selling to 0 a month and $0.00 a month. So I basically can't sell anything on it either, I can buy with no problem, but it's linked to the suspended one. So I'm going to lay out my plan and I want to know if you think it will work.

1. I have already mad a new user acc on computer.

2. I have tried everyway in every forum to change my IP address with no luck, I use suddenlink arris modem/router combo, I called them and they said a new modem/router would change it. Idk but I'll try.

Though before I get a new IP address this is my plan. I want to not do anything for about a month (im ok with this because I have another job) and let all of my ebay transactions and paypal funds catch up so I can withdraw all the money out of the paypal and close both ebay and paypal accounts. (Of course I can't close the suspended one, and idk if I can even close the #2 account I still have, being that it was restricted from selling in a category) I read somewhere that after it's restricted, you can't delete it cause they use that info for future reference. Could this work? The reason I want to do this is because I will obviously only be able to change my IP address once since I have to change modem/router everytime. I will delete these ebay/paypal acc because they're useless and I don't want to have to log into them ever again and I just want to worry about my stealth account with new IP address and not have to worry about switching ip addresses back and forth with two accounts(I mean it's nearly impossible for me to change mine for some reason.) I also will be buying a PO box so I can still buy from evay right? If the item is too big they'll just hold it behind the counter at the post office?

3.i will be using a misspelling of my first name by one letter and my regular last name. Is one letter enough? I don't want it to be so different that my bank won't take my deposits from paypal.

4.idk what email is best to use yet, I've heard gmail. And idk what phone number forwarder is better, I've heard google voice is good too. Please give me some suggestions on that.

5. I will be opening a NEW checking account under my same bank that my other checking and savings is in. My paypal has both those checking and savings on it, which I plan to close that paypal but they still have that info right? I know that each bank has same routing number no matter what so will it be ok that the bank account number is different but the routing number is same as old paypal? I will be using my PO box for this bank account and plan to get a debit card on this account (with PO box address on it) and use it to confirm my account with paypal. I hear they only confirm by address and not real name with both bank account and debit/credit card. The reason I want my REAL bank info in there is because I want to be able to wuthdraw to my bank like I did with ease on my legit account. I know it can't be that hard right? They shouldn't be able to see my real name?

6. Mostly I just want one stealth account so when I get a new IP address I can use my iphone, ipad and computer with that ONE account without worrying about linking accounts? Since I would have already deleted the bad ones and not signed in ever again? (I know y'all say it's best to have more than one account, but I don't sell ALOT of items, maybe like 50 a month, is that too much? I obviously won't start out like that. I'll have to let it age)

I want to be ready to go before I start my first stealth, I want to keep this thing as long as I can without any problems. That's very hard with ebay though.

I'm pretty sure that's most of my questions and thank you so much if you can help me on this! I've already read through a lot of these pages and you guys are awesome! So freaking helpful! And I'm just hoping I can get some help personalized to my situation. ANY CONTSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS WELCOME! If I have anymore questions, ill post them here! Thanks guys!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-09-2013

Longevity: 81%
Default Re: If I only have one stealth account, is this a good plan?

I dread reading these long posts late at night, so excuse me if I misread anything.

Having 1 stealth account is Okay to begin with. As practice, many rookies try to make many stealth accounts at once and next thing you know they get caught up and they're all linked.

- Stick with 1 for now.

- Routing # is not important, Checking # is.

You can close a paypal account if that helps, but anything related to it is no good.
IE : Address, Name, Birthdate, Checking #, SS ( if attached ) ,

- Use Gmail

- be prepared to NEVER call ebay if you misspell your name, in fact you should never call eBay. for ex. if my name was Anthony, I would use Tony. Christopher as Chris. etc.

- to change IPs, I purchased virgin mobile broadband, $35 a month, new ip everytime I turn it on. and if you cant invest in that, I don't know why you're bothering with eBay.
Old 12-09-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your reply!

-so I will have to put a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ birthdate or can I keep my original birthdate and change my name? See I don't have a nickname for my name. I'll be straight up, my first name is Landan, there is no nickname for that name lol. I could try Landy, or Lando, or something of that nature.

-my SS is attached to my old account, would it be better to open my new paypal as a business account, so if they end up asking me for SS, I can just give them my EIN, correct?

-is there a way to stay under paypal a radar so they never ask for more documentation such as SS?

-I don't plan to ever contact ebay. If a buyer opens a case I will most likely give them an automatic full refund and let them keep the item so they will shut up and be more likely to leave good feedback, to stay under the radar.

-I can invest in that broadband if I absolutely have to, but id like to try all my options before I end up paying double a month.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFO! I appreciate it a lot!
Old 12-09-2013

Longevity: 64%

I'm sorry that's way too long for me. Lots of luck! But to answer you question NO it's not a good idea and anything after that doesn't matter.

Last edited by joesshooze; 12-09-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-09-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
I'm sorry that's way too long for me. Lots of luck! But to answer you question NO it's not a good idea and anything after that doesn't matter.
Which question is no? Just saying no is not very helpful, I need real answers please.
Old 12-09-2013

To answer your question is why I posted. I like to post. I meant no harm and offer apologies if taken personally. I would love to help you. That's what I do. I personally can't concentrate on a post that long if others can great. The answer to your question is still NO, it's not a good idea. Again I wish you luck. I am not the only person that felt that way.

Last edited by joesshooze; 12-09-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-09-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
To answer your question is why I posted. I like to post. I meant no harm and offer apologies if taken personally. I would love to help you. That's what I do. I personally can't concentrate on a post that long if others can great. The answer to your question is still NO, it's not a good idea. Again I wish you luck. I am not the only person that felt that way.
No I'm sorry if I came across as rude, i apalogize I'm just very stressed out. But thank you for your input so much it is very helpful, I couldn't thank you enough. But please what was the no for? Like every question I had in general or the whole idea is bad?
Old 12-09-2013

It's just not smart business to have one of anything that can be backed up. What if for no good reason it goes down? How long to get another account going? I'll tell you over 3 months just to crawl. I am lucky to sell 30 per month across 3 accts. I also have them backed up just in case something happens. Change happens quickly and without warning.
Old 12-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnluckySeler View Post
No I'm sorry if I came across as rude, i apalogize I'm just very stressed out. But thank you for your input so much it is very helpful, I couldn't thank you enough. But please what was the no for? Like every question I had in general or the whole idea is bad?
Not to put words in poster joesshooze mouth but I'm pretty sure the "no" is only having one stealth account and that's the first thing came to my mind as well.

I stopped reading after the title.

Good luck, JJ
Old 12-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Sadly OP - and no offense - but it is too long. Need to break it down more succinctly
Old 12-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
If I only have one stealth account, is this a good plan?
No.

Read the book a few times and browse the forums for a few days/weeks to get an idea how it works.

Nobody reads WoTs generally Be more concise.
Old 12-10-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via Skype™ to rama

having one account is a definite NO.

Shorter posts and more to the point questions will enable us to help you better.

I would advise you to hit the search button and get your plan together.

Best of luck
Old 12-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

#1 account got restricted for a complaint about a buyer thinking the item was counterfiet and ebay stopped me from selling in that category I went to my 2nd account slowly listed the same items with slightly different description as new pictures when two days ago I got another email. My 2nd account had been suspended!
What did you expect to happen? Selling the same item that was suspected to be counterfeit, you were only going to get caught again. Heres my advice. Stop selling that product!!

Quote:
2. I have tried everyway in every forum to change my IP address with no luck
Then try getting a usb dongle or mobile wifi! That way you can create new stealths without needing to change the router and able to log into withdraw your funds from the suspended account using the same router.

Quote:
3.i will be using a misspelling of my first name by one letter and my regular last name. Is one letter enough? I don't want it to be so different that my bank won't take my deposits from paypal.
Check forum for bank accounts that accept mismatch names, a mismatch means you can make a completely new name up if you wanted to it doesn't matter! The bank account will be in your real name. You must do this as its the law!

Quote:
4.idk what email is best to use yet, I've heard gmail. And idk what phone number forwarder is better, I've heard google voice is good too. Please give me some suggestions on that.
gmail is fine. Again for voice, search forum, i use a PAYG sim and a cheapo mobile.

Quote:
5. I will be opening a NEW checking account under my same bank that my other checking and savings is in. My paypal has both those checking and savings on it, which I plan to close that paypal but they still have that info right?
Same bank or different bank, it doesent matter as long as it takes mismatch. Dont use Debit card from bank account use VCC! Address for Bank account should be real address not stealth!

Quote:
6. Mostly I just want one stealth account so when I get a new IP address I can use my iphone, ipad and computer with that ONE account without worrying about linking accounts? Since I would have already deleted the bad ones and not signed in ever again? (I know y'all say it's best to have more than one account, but I don't sell ALOT of items, maybe like 50 a month, is that too much? I obviously won't start out like that. I'll have to let it age)
I want to be ready to go before I start my first stealth, I want to keep this thing as long as I can without any problems. That's very hard with ebay though.
Create more than one stealth that way if it goes down your not left with nothing, have another to fall back on that can age along with the other stealth! If you have used your iphone or ipad for ebay before it will link your new accounts! avoid using devices like these if your not an expert at stealth. Avoid using the app!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tmastermind For This Useful Post:
heil86 (12-13-2013), rsot (12-10-2013)
Old 12-13-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 65%

tmastermind pretty much summed it all up for you.

I was suprised that no one touched on the the ipad, iphone and laptop question. No, do not use the PayPal app on the ipad or iPhone and create a new user account on the laptop once the IP has been changed and do not 'accidentally' login to the old one. (Change the password to something super-hard and lock it in your safety deposit box)

If $35/month is too much and you are only selling 10 items a month (most new stealth account limits for many months) I would look into getting a Windows VPS, this will give you a Dedicated IP address that shouldn't change. However you MUST be careful with the provider you choose, as you do not want to risk another PayPal account to be used on that IP in the past. You can get one from $15-20/month.

However, the mobile broadband (dongle or tether from cell phone) will give you a new IP each time you connect (provided you select a recommended carrier), but you have to log IP's and i'm pretty lazy so VPS it is for me!
Old 12-15-2013

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by heil86 View Post
..but you have to log IP's and i'm pretty lazy so VPS it is for me!
Naaw, logging IP's is easy..

But, I'm lazy so 1 stealth for me
Old 12-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by okay View Post

Never really on just 1 account - at least have a backup going in case.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
MM78 (12-15-2013)
Old 12-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by okay View Post

There's a difference between running only 1 account and only having 1 period. Make many accounts, one day you will be grateful you made those accounts.
Old 12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
There's a difference between running only 1 account and only having 1 period. Make many accounts, one day you will be grateful you made those accounts.
No doubt. I'm logging using xcel and only currently use 1 account (sadly) but, I have logged into suspended accounts with the same hotspot and also have logged into one other established eB that no longer has a ppal attached to it with this same hotspot.

Last edited by okay; 12-16-2013 at 04:56 AM.
Old 12-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

What hotspot? You dont have your own IP connection?
Old 12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
What hotspot? You dont have your own IP connection?
Old 12-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Nice - that hotpsot should give different IP if powered down and restarted.
Old 12-18-2013

Mandatory to have 2 devices connected to it though, or the ip will change to another ip while your online!

A friend has one and when their both on sometimes i connect to his and see what the ip is different from mine at that same moment and, it's good to see that they are on different ip's. The mind blowing part is that he uses his for his real ebay acct. and I can just imagine...