eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Does Paypal dip into Bank Account to recover funds, if Bank Account has 0 money? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/68720-does-paypal-dip-into-bank-account-recover-funds-if-bank-account-has-0-money.html)

mercurial333 01-02-2014 12:26 PM

Does Paypal dip into Bank Account to recover funds, if Bank Account has 0 money?

I have this EB account that is slowly dying.

If the bank account has 0 funds in it, will Paypal try to take it out? I mean, would they actually send the bank account into negative or would it simply bounce back ( as insufficient funds ).

MM78 01-02-2014 01:00 PM

Re: Does Paypal dip into Bank Account to recover funds, if Bank Account has 0 money?

It will bounce back depending if you have overdraft protection. I opt out on my bank accounts that I use for stealth...so if there is $0 in the bank account it can't go negative.

mercurial333 01-02-2014 01:05 PM

Re: Does Paypal dip into Bank Account to recover funds, if Bank Account has 0 money?

It's BoA for example. I have Overdraft protection activated on the checking, which says it would take money from Savings to cover. It's enabled ( overdraft protection ).

However one of the savings is actually tied to this particular Paypal. So not sure how that would work..

MM78 01-02-2014 01:27 PM

I opt out of Overdraft because I don't want Paypal dipping into my accounts.

jeffweico 01-02-2014 01:38 PM

When PayPal or anyone else sends a funds request to your bank, they have no idea how much the account has (or does not have) in it. If you have overdraft protection, then the bank will most likely honor the request and come after you for the money. If there is no money in your attached savings account, then they may or may not honor the request (you would have to ask the bank what their policy is).

The best way to handle it is to opt out of overdraft protection on stealth accounts. However, I would caution you about leaving eBay holding the bag for fees. It can easily come back to burn you later, even if the account is stealth. Yes, we all love to hate eBay, and you can argue that their fees are too high, but you knew going in what it would cost you to make the sales. It is what you agreed to and eBay deserves to be paid.

rsot 01-02-2014 01:45 PM

If you arent using the bank account, could also consider closing it out, no?

mercurial333 01-02-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 515767)
If you arent using the bank account, could also consider closing it out, no?

Well can be used for AZ for example and other things. I can close it, but prefer not to.

mercurial333 01-02-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 515762)
When PayPal or anyone else sends a funds request to your bank, they have no idea how much the account has (or does not have) in it. If you have overdraft protection, then the bank will most likely honor the request and come after you for the money. If there is no money in your attached savings account, then they may or may not honor the request (you would have to ask the bank what their policy is).

The best way to handle it is to opt out of overdraft protection on stealth accounts. However, I would caution you about leaving eBay holding the bag for fees. It can easily come back to burn you later, even if the account is stealth. Yes, we all love to hate eBay, and you can argue that their fees are too high, but you knew going in what it would cost you to make the sales. It is what you agreed to and eBay deserves to be paid.

Gotcha. So it depends on the bank, I take it. I know I've heard stories about Amazon dipping into 0 balance bank accounts before, but no clue about Paypal.

This is not about fees tho.