eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Call from TD Bank fraud dept. about accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/70022-call-td-bank-fraud-dept-about-accounts.html)

joesshooze 02-05-2014 07:34 PM

Call from TD Bank fraud dept. about accounts

TD fraud called about the 7 checking accounts I have open with them. I had 5 & opened 2 new ones last week.

They were asking why I needed so many checking accounts and I told them the exact truth leaving out that the accounts were stealth. Said I needed one for every pp acct. according to pp.

The lady asked if I worked from home I said yes and she was all happy said my accts. were all in good standing and wished me a nice day.

I will be going to BOA this week & open an acct. as I have nothing there yet. I don't think it's a good idea to push my luck. Anybody else have such an experience?

jeffweico 02-05-2014 09:43 PM

Re: Call from TD Bank fraud dept. about accounts

I would never have more than 6 accounts per bank. I try to limit it to 4. There are TONS of banks here in the US that work for stealth, so unless you have hundreds of stealth accounts, bank accounts should not be a problem.

My guess, from what you posted, is that TD was thinking that your accounts should be BUSINESS accounts and not personal accounts.

I use LLC's and business accounts to avoid this issue entirely. It is worth it to me.

oompaloompa 02-06-2014 05:32 AM

my magic number is 3 bank accs max per institution.

GreenBean 02-06-2014 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesshooze (Post 526233)
I will be going to BOA this week & open an acct. as I have nothing there yet. I don't think it's a good idea to push my luck. Anybody else have such an experience?

Before you race ahead and go making new bank accounts, may I suggest you get a credit report. Check to see if TD Bank have kept this within house.
Hold off until you get the report.

Yes, we have had users report similar issues. This has been for each of the main ebay selling platforms, USA, UK, Australia & a lone Canadian report.

Some users avoided dramas by hasty visits to their bank managers.

Names have been the primary reasons & monetary transfer volumes.

Next post is a couple of the threads from all the different countries.

GreenBean 02-06-2014 06:30 AM

joesshooze 02-06-2014 06:42 AM

I appreciate the feedback and will not open any more at TD. I will also visit the branch where the mgr. knows me. The call from fraud dept. seemed to go well after I told the lady what I was doing. She seemed all happy but I will visit branch regardless.

GreenBean 02-06-2014 06:48 AM

Excellent. Be forewarned about your own finances and allow noone or nothing to surprise you.

:peace:

glacier922 02-06-2014 11:43 AM

@joesshoez

Did you tell then about your eBay operation? Also, about the name mismatch, was it a totally different name or was it like a name variation? I am personally finding out how many different ways I can spell, misspell, or phonetically change my real name. I hope your issue isn't with names that are similar.

rsot 02-06-2014 12:54 PM

@joeshooze, moving forward...yes spread accounts over various banks...check your credit score...and (suggestion) leave some amounts with TD that will make them happy to have your business - build relationship (as you have been doing :thumb: )

Speeder33 02-06-2014 01:10 PM

my suggestion is that you wait a few days between opening accounts, and open them at different banks