Won't new EIN still show my name on search ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-19-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Won't new EIN still show my name on search ?

Folks,

My selling volume is lot higher than $20k per year, so when I am going for a stealth account I need to also have a new EIN which I will give to the marketplace.

My question is:

1) Lets say I register a new entity like an LLC and get a new EIN. But when the marketplace does a public search of the EIN/LLC, won't it show my name as the sole proprietor ? For example all states have a search facility which gives the details of the LLC including the member names etc. You type in the LLC name and it will give you all information. In that case how will a new EIN help because with a click of a mouse the marketplace can find out I am the same person behind the new EIN ?

My above question refers to Barnes and Noble marketplace but I am posting here because I am guessing it will be applicable for all markeplaces.

Thanks a lot.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-19-2014
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Won't new EIN still show my name on search ?

For example the following link is for a Wyoming LLC search which will show all details of the LLC including the member's name:

https://wyobiz.wy.gov/business/filingsearch.aspx
Old 02-19-2014

Longevity: 74%

This is a very good point golf I would also like to know the answer to this.
Old 02-19-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Not sure about Barnes and Noble but for paypal stealth purposes , the only check that is being done as of right now is they are checking if the paypal business name matches the business name of the EIN
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
yankee (02-20-2014)
Old 02-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I have no information on the Barnes & Noble Marketplace. But Amazon and eBay are only checking - as of now - that the SSN or EIN matches what the IRS has on file. They must do that under IRS rules.

They are NOT checking state databases at this time. You are correct, however, that the policy can change at anytime. I'm not sure how they would handle the results as an LLC can have several members and most states only list the Member Managers, not every single member. So a name mismatch would not necessarily mean anything.

What B&N does, I have no idea. Maybe someone with experience on that marketplace can chime in.
Old 02-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

If you are concerned about this, why not get an LLC in a state where they keep your information private like Delaware and Nevada.
Old 02-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 View Post
If you are concerned about this, why not get an LLC in a state where they keep your information private like Delaware and Nevada.
WY is the most private state. Nevada is not at all private. Delaware is worse. In Nevada you can search someones name and find how many companies you own, assets, etc..
Old 02-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

OP has been asked to take professional advice to pay to get all of these matters in order.

Keep in mind, he is not based in the USA but is overseas.
Old 02-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
WY is the most private state. Nevada is not at all private. Delaware is worse. In Nevada you can search someones name and find how many companies you own, assets, etc..
LLC law by the above states as it applies to stealth:

Delaware: Complete anonymity. The most business friendly state except for fees. 60% of fortune 500 companies are incorporated here.

Nevada: Requires Disclosure of an officer (a ranking employee) and registered agent. Shareholders (owners) are private. So if you use Nevada to incorporate get creative - ask a friend or family member to be a non-stock-holding officer.

Wyoming: Requires a public annual filing with a responsible officer listed. So every year you will either have to list yourself unless your accountant is willing to be an officer of your company or you have a friend/family member that is willing to be responsibility for any mistakes/inaccuracies you make on this filing. Also as we can see by this thread it appears that they also make public officers and registered agents on their website.

Last edited by Futuremogul888; 02-21-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Old 02-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 View Post
LLC law by the above states as it applies to stealth:

Delaware: Complete anonymity. The most business friendly state except for fees. 60% of fortune 500 companies are incorporated here.

Nevada: Requires Disclosure of an officer (a ranking employee) and registered agent. Shareholders (owners) are private. So if you use Nevada to incorporate get creative - ask a friend or family member to be a non-stock-holding officer.

Wyoming: Requires a public annual filing with a responsible officer listed. So every year you will either have to list yourself unless your accountant is willing to be an officer of your company or you have a friend/family member that is willing to be responsibility for any mistakes/inaccuracies you make on this filing. Also as we can see by this thread it appears that they also make public officers and registered agents on their website.
Public officers and registered agents are a title . Mine are held by law offices and accountants for example in WY. Delaware has all sorts of issues for small companies but if I was pulling a Billion Dollars or more, I would move my corporate offices to Delaware. Maryland is also interesting in the medical field and I am investigating Nebraska for a lending now as well.

WY is currently the only state that has bearer shares, I use those although not inexpensive for some international trading for shear privacy.
Old 02-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
OP has been asked to take professional advice to pay to get all of these matters in order.

Keep in mind, he is not based in the USA but is overseas.
Hi Greenie, RSOT,

Certainly I don't mind getting professional advice. But based on your above response I wanted to ask:

Why does my geographical location matter for a stealth account ? What I mean is:

1) I am a US citizen.
2) I have an active account with a USA bank which I use for all my marketplaces.
3) I have a server in USA, where if required I can remotely login and access all websites, accounts etc. Although so far for the last two years, I have been operating all my seller accounts from India without any marketplace questioning why I am based in India.
4) I also have a registered LLC in USA since last two years for my selling operations.

What I am trying to get at is, does it make any difference if I am physically located in USA when I open a stealth account ? Because if that is the case I can easily travel to USA to open the stealth account.

But based on my 4 points above, I don't see how the physical location of a person matters.

If that is true, why did greenie quote: Keep in mind, he is not based in the USA but is overseas.

Don't get me wrong, I am just trying to cover all my bases before I try opening a stealth account.

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2014

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdude View Post
when the marketplace does a public search of the EIN/LLC, won't it show my name as the sole proprietor ? For example all states have a search facility which gives the details of the LLC including the member names
I just looked at my state's website and I see neither the proprietor's name nor member names. I only see:

1. Business name (i.e. "Selling Widgets, LLC")
2. Business address
3. Registered agent's name
4. Registered agent's address

P.S. I just noticed my best friend registered his biz as "XYZ Enterpises" instead of "XYZ Enterprises".