What will happen if I open stealth PayPal and sent a private large some of money? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-01-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default What will happen if I open stealth PayPal and sent a private large some of money?

Basically I want to make a private sale of an item and the buyer wants to use PP. I've explained I don't have a PP account but could use my girlfriend's one if they don't mind, which they don't.

So, using the normal stealth methods and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ personal information and creating a brand new stealth PP (unused bank account etc), what will happen if a few days later I receive a large payment into this stealth account, perhaps via an invoice sent by that account?

Will the funds be immediately held for 21 days, will there be an immediate ID request and questions asked, reasons for the transfer? etc etc?

I'm happy for it to be held for 21 days if need be and not withdraw it but obviously don't want the account closed! I just want to make the sale..

Just to stress, this is not via Eb and will either be just funds sent from the interested party's PP account, perhaps as PP Gift or after I've sent them an invoice from the stealth account.

Your thoughts and experience please...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-01-2014
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: What will happen if I open stealth PayPal and sent a private large some of money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JomJarr View Post
Basically I want to make a private sale of an item and the buyer wants to use PP.
I would question the reasons why this person is so adamant about using PayPal for a private sale?

It seems like a LOT of potential for fraud against you.

and YES, expect PayPal to come at you with everything they got if you receive a significant payment into your virgin account.

Good Luck
Old 03-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%
Default Re: What will happen if I open stealth PayPal and sent a private large some of money?

Ha, that money will be lost in the sauce. And someone demanding to pay you a large sum through PP only is just waiting to scam the hell out of you. I won't wish you good luck because you have the guide and 170 posts. The fact that you even asked this question means you have learned absolutely nothing in your time here so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (04-12-2014)
Old 03-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Yeah...seen from the other person's point of view, a bank transfer to a stranger is a LOT of potential fraud for them! Bank international transfers also cost the sender money whereas PP costs the receiver money. There's no safe way to send any money to anyone as any method plants the risk on to one or other of the parties..

What does "coming at you with everything they've got" mean though other than resignation that PP are a pain in the ass? What specifically should I expect?

Will it mean that any new user who uses PayPal for money transfer use from the off will have their money seized for 6 months? Or just that there will be ID checks and if so, what are they likely to be?
Old 03-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Ha, that money will be lost in the sauce. And someone demanding to pay you a large sum through PP only is just waiting to scam the hell out of you. I won't wish you good luck because you have the guide and 170 posts. The fact that you even asked this question means you have learned absolutely nothing in your time here so far.
Pah!

Your response shows you have lost all faith in the world and are jaded!

In the collectables world 50% of the people expect to pay with PP and think YOU are the scammer if for some odd reason you don't accept it. Then there are many who sell their old items via PP and so that's where their spending money resides, perhaps don't want it showing on bank accounts their other halves can see..

That is the effect of the PP marketing I'm afraid ! Worked its way well into the brains of the scared. They've at least branched out from only dealing with dealers and ventured into the private market place but still they want something to hold on to.

It is my experience in this particular enthusiast world that, as I say, 50% will insist on PP. Just I tend not to make any large sales very often or have done so via my girlfriend's actual account but this is slightly bigger and don't want to cause her problems.
Old 03-01-2014
Threadstarter  

So any specific experience out there? What will PP ask for?
Old 03-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Firstly, I'd go with the advice above and avoid Paypal all together.

What kind of "large sum" are we talking about here?

If you verify the account and get all limits lifted before receiving the money, you might get away with receiving a couple of hundred without getting limited. Very high chance of getting 21 day hold on the funds too.

If they do limit you, chances are they will ask for photo ID, proof of address, proof of delivery & supplier invoices. They may also ask for credit card statement and / or bank statement.

Once again, the advice is to avoid Paypal for this transaction.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (04-12-2014), biglouis999 (03-02-2014), JomJarr (03-02-2014), unkown5454 (03-02-2014)
Old 03-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

Quote:
paypal deals with thousands of these transactions every day, the problem is not paypal, it is if there is a scam in the mind of the buyer. goods received, happy customer, no issues.

Paypal transactions go on all the time, paypal sometimes check a transaction and pause it, may make a call to buyer etc.....on a new acc no way would do it, any chance of a hold is no good, if I got a hold I would refund the money, but a stronger account can take larger amounts.

There is no way I would send goods until money withdrawn though, at least if you lose acc, you will not have lost goods and money. I have done alot of outside ebay deals, I cannot think of one issue or limitation. In fact the only problems I have had were scammers via ebay INR/SNAD etc

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-02-2014 at 06:00 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
JomJarr (03-02-2014), unkown5454 (03-02-2014)
Old 03-02-2014

Longevity: 86%

I have trade customers and sometimes they want to pay me thousands of Euros but I ask them to do a direct bank transfer (which is free or very cheap within the EU).

However I agree that bank transfer may not be an option if the customer is in the USA because of high fees.

If I take big Paypal payments or am sending to a risky location I make sure I send the goods by a "signature required" service. Expensive consignments go via courier and the customer is usually happy to pay.

Last edited by biglouis999; 03-02-2014 at 07:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to biglouis999 For This Useful Post:
JomJarr (03-02-2014)
Old 03-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Your first born.

Then your second born.

Paperwork and info you need to supply.

Worse. you are facing the high chance of the buyer insisting on this private sale of giving you grief.

But, hey man, we are jaded.

What would we know

Avoid paypal for this deal

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-02-2014 at 10:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (03-02-2014)
Old 03-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Just to stress, this is not via Eb and will either be just funds sent from the interested party's PP account, perhaps as PP Gift or after I've sent them an invoice from the stealth account.

Your thoughts and experience please...
Start the couuntdown to limitation......

You nominated 3 procedures that flag accounts.

paypal is not for you

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (03-02-2014)
Old 03-02-2014
Threadstarter  

It will be for about £1100 (that might not be a high amount for some people..)

I'm aware that this would flag the account immediately but I was also hoping that people's methods for varification, ID provision etc were so strong with stealth that all the information looks genuine and so PP assume it is a good account.

Are we really saying that our stealth methods regarding PP are fairly flimsy and they crumble at a second glance (and therefore must avoid needing second glance)? Or can they be just as robust, the same as any genuine user but it's being said here that a genuine user doing this would also have their money taken for 6 months, account limited?
Old 03-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

1. A large sum for a first transaction with PP can flag it for limitation.

2. WHY use PP when you have other ways to accept money...forget this idea.

3. Explore other options.

4. PP is kind of unpredictable to say 100% sure what will happen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
Start the couuntdown to limitation......

You nominated 3 procedures that flag accounts.

paypal is not for you

I counted 4 procedures, which flag accounts?

1) Sending an invoice
2) Receiving PP Gift
3) Receiving standard payment
4) Transaction not to do with ebay

Essentially all of those are the whole premise of PayPal... So we could kind of say that ALL use of PP causes a flag unless you are using PP in conjunction with another PP afilliated service (like ebay) which shares info.

Or are we saying that this everyday Joe activity only flags the account because it is new?

Although in that case doesn't the newness of an account cause a flag for pretty much any use as long as the amount is above a certain threshold? What is that threshold?
Old 03-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Are we really saying that our stealth methods regarding PP are fairly flimsy and they crumble at a second glance (and therefore must avoid needing second glance)? Or can they be just as robust, the same as any genuine user but it's being said here that a genuine user doing this would also have their money taken for 6 months, account limited?
Where have you been?

Why do you think many of us joined the forum?

paypal took funds from genuine accounts and screwed users royally.

This is not some users telling you to be smart.

We are trying to tell you given what you described has the potential to harm.

If we fail to do that, we may as well not reply to posts.

Old 03-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

That is a large sum for a new account genuine or stealth. An aged tries and tested with a good track record stealth PP would be fine most the time with that sum. Any brand new account will likely have issues (paperwork request, holds, limitations are all possible)
Old 03-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I counted 4 procedures, which flag accounts?

1) Sending an invoice
2) Receiving PP Gift
3) Receiving standard payment
4) Transaction not to do with ebay

Essentially all of those are the whole premise of PayPal... So we could kind of say that ALL use of PP causes a flag unless you are using PP in conjunction with another PP afilliated service (like ebay) which shares info.

Or are we saying that this everyday Joe activity only flags the account because it is new?

Although in that case doesn't the newness of an account cause a flag for pretty much any use as long as the amount is above a certain threshold? What is that threshold?
Again - you can never be 100% CERTAIN of how pp will act so...why risk using that platform when you DONT have to? Get rid of this risk step.
Old 03-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

The other factor is your BUYER dictating the terms.

One word question WHY?

He wants the item, he goes along with you.

YOU control your own business.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

not on a newly created account. It would be ok on an aged one with previous transactions....
JomJarr (03-02-2014)
Old 03-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
1. A large sum for a first transaction with PP can flag it for limitation.

2. WHY use PP when you have other ways to accept money...forget this idea.

3. Explore other options.

4. PP is kind of unpredictable to say 100% sure what will happen.
I was hoping with 1) that those well versed in PP Stealth would say that providing ID docs is easy and therefore it would all be sorted in the end..

I guess that is the crux of my question.
Old 03-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
The other factor is your BUYER dictating the terms.

One word question WHY?

He wants the item, he goes along with you.

YOU control your own business.

Thanks for the re-frame there!

The seller dictating the terms is what happens when you're thinking you're desperate to make the sale. Yet long term kind of makes you poorer with that thinking.
Old 03-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglouis999 View Post
I have trade customers and sometimes they want to pay me thousands of Euros but I ask them to do a direct bank transfer (which is free or very cheap within the EU).

However I agree that bank transfer may not be an option if the customer is in the USA because of high fees.

If I take big Paypal payments or am sending to a risky location I make sure I send the goods by a "signature required" service. Expensive consignments go via courier and the customer is usually happy to pay.
I was slightly surprised to be honest as the guy is German and bank transfers are even de rigueur on eb in Germany.