eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Multiple user profiles causing corrupt profiles? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/71428-multiple-user-profiles-causing-corrupt-profiles.html)

Twocoolt 03-18-2014 11:58 PM

Multiple user profiles causing corrupt profiles?

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

I have about six user profiles on my computer five of those are for eBay stealth accounts.

I know Windows is designed to handle multiple user profiles but I have noticed it appears these profiles become corrupt.

When I try to go online or open a program it is sluggish and it freezes.

I have to do a hard shutdown sometimes twice and go into safe mode before going back to normal startup.

Any suggestions to avoid this or should I setup in a different way?

BiN4RY 03-19-2014 12:09 AM

Re: Multiple user profiles causing corrupt profiles?

Try defragmenting your hard drive, it might speed up the access time. I'm not sure what's causing the profiles to be corrupted, but it might be caused by other programs, viruses, or possible imminent hard drive failure.
I have over 300 user profiles on my virtual machine and it has been there for more than 2 years, and yet it runs perfectly fine.

SaiJin 03-19-2014 12:37 AM

It's pretty known for all windows before Windows 7 Pro.

Windows 7 so far is the most stable windows I have used. 2+ years and I haven't had to reinstall it, so hope that helps.

PS: Do a ghost back up of your main drive, so if it happens again and became much worse you won't have to waste too much time reinstalling everything one by one and not remembering all the settings.

pokerpro 03-19-2014 12:48 AM

Buy a Mac!

yotano211 03-19-2014 01:18 AM

From the sounds of the sluggish, it might mean that your hard drive might have bad sectors and/or might need replacement pretty soon.

Find a program called HD tune, it will be free for a trial version. It will have a tab to check out your hard drive for bad sectors. The bad sectors will be highlighted red, a few bad ones might not really hard the HD but enough bad sectors will have performance issues, like slow downs.

Also check your computer if it has enough memory. Low reserves of system memory will cause some slow downs. Also make sure you power settings on not on save battery if you are on a laptop. Click on "balance" setting or "high performance" settings.

Power saver option will throttle down the processor to the lowest setting.

joesshooze 03-19-2014 01:45 PM

Using windows 8.1 without issues. Was much slower with 7 but worked ok. I'm happy. Good luck. Might want to think about cleaning out files and programs no longer used.

Twocoolt 03-19-2014 09:09 PM

Thank you everyone I have a feeling the hard drive is about to go out on it. A few times in the past I had the B.S.O.D come up and have come to the conclusion my computer is fubar. :-) Next PC will be built by me and NOT a store bought!

GreenBean 03-19-2014 11:40 PM

Do a back up STAT.

If you think this hard drive is poorly, cover your bases right away and have back-ups of data available.

Avoid issues.

What exactly are you using and running?

:spy:

slokor 03-20-2014 12:07 AM

One more thing - If youre switching to a new HD you might want to consider switching to an SSD. The price is higher but theyve become a lot more affordable in the last couple of years. You will be amazed at how much faster youre machine will work when you have things installed on it.

rsot 03-20-2014 05:05 AM

All your info backed up OP - try the defrag/chkdsk programs - do you have Antivirus/Anti-malware programs too?

Twocoolt 03-20-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 538173)
Do a back up STAT.

If you think this hard drive is poorly, cover your bases right away and have back-ups of data available.

Avoid issues.

What exactly are you using and running?

:spy:

It has been awhile since I did a backup and I have added a lot of files since then. Plus, I know I was bad and did not create restore points like I should have.

I have an HP desktop with Windows 7 Ultimate, 8 core AMD processor 2.24GHz, 1 TB 7200rpm HD 8MB RAM. Any other Specs you would like me to tell you? :)

To answer other questions I am using ESET Internet Security (I used to use Kaspersky Internet Security but heard ESET was better), Malwarebytes Pro, CCleaner, Defraggler, and also installed CryptoPreventer. I also have a 64 character password on my router and only allow the MAC Addresses I have listed have access to my network. Plus, once a month I run ComboFix and Kaspersky Task killer for peace of mind.

I could switch to an SSD but then you can't use defrag programs on it.