eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   US New Account MC999 (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/72354-us-new-account-mc999.html)

fingerblast 04-10-2014 07:47 PM

US New Account MC999

I've seen a bunch of our UK friends post about this. Over the past 7 days all of my new accounts have been getting the MC999 notice. I've been doing nothing different from my other accounts and I currently have over 25 up and running. What has changed? Why are all of our new accounts being flagged? I was told on the phone that they are running seller accounts through a database of public info and if said info doesn't match up it's an automatic MC999. How do we avoid this?

Nephilim 04-12-2014 01:38 PM

Re: US New Account MC999

I get this a lot to and eBay reps have told me the same thing; however, some of my accounts have details of "fairy tale" addresses and they are still holding up well. Others I have a real address and they get limits to 0 or they get restricted until I provide further proof. My only suggestion would be to hammer out more accounts as back-ups to have.

fingerblast 04-14-2014 10:43 AM

Yeah, this is what I'm afraid of. Does anyone know of an actual fix to this problem? What's going on here? Are all of our accounts being ran through this personal information database once we start selling? It sure seems to be the case.

rsot 04-14-2014 12:04 PM

Might have to experiment fingerblast and report back with what works....takes collective experimenting at times to sort out

fingerblast 04-14-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 545313)
Might have to experiment fingerblast and report back with what works....takes collective experimenting at times to sort out

I don't know what to experiment with. I'm doing everything by the book; just like I have done with my previous accounts. I'm using fresh ip addresses, separate user accounts, etc. etc. I really don't know where to start.

thready 04-14-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fingerblast (Post 545332)
I don't know what to experiment with. I'm doing everything by the book; just like I have done with my previous accounts. I'm using fresh ip addresses, separate user accounts, etc. etc. I really don't know where to start.

Start by thinking on paper. Ask yourself questions just like you do when you post a thread here. Set out to find what works and what doesnt.

Experimenting requires you to go against the grain. That sometimes require you to do things different from the book. Come up with your own theories and test each theory out. This is one of many ways to experiment. Will cost time and money.

The answer is out there.

rsot 04-15-2014 01:58 PM

Are you listing right away? Verified pp in advance?

fingerblast 04-15-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 545579)
Are you listing right away? Verified pp in advance?

Yes, verified PayPal first then listing, and only one item ever 3 days or so. I'm taking it very slow and still getting the MC999. Also, these are accounts that are 8-12 months old.

fingerblast 04-16-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thready (Post 545354)
Start by thinking on paper. Ask yourself questions just like you do when you post a thread here. Set out to find what works and what doesnt.

Experimenting requires you to go against the grain. That sometimes require you to do things different from the book. Come up with your own theories and test each theory out. This is one of many ways to experiment. Will cost time and money.

The answer is out there.

I'm a little confused as to how no one else is experiencing this? I would have thought we'd have dozens of posts by now, seeing as this is our entire reason for paying to join this forum. This is how I make a large percentage of my living so I don't take this subject lightly. I mean really, is no one else experiencing this problem with new accounts other than myself and several people on the UK side of things?

bjammin 04-16-2014 04:11 PM

Yeah, I can understand what you mean. I have 14 accounts and I have had no issues like this. My accounts are much younger than your accounts.
Do these accounts have a bank in common?
Do these accounts have a CC in common?
Addresses, same city? same state? same zip?

If I get any MC999, I will post back on your thread. But I have been listing like a fiend with my new accounts. Maxing them out, not taking it slow.

mercurial333 04-17-2014 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fingerblast (Post 545830)
I'm a little confused as to how no one else is experiencing this? I would have thought we'd have dozens of posts by now, seeing as this is our entire reason for paying to join this forum. This is how I make a large percentage of my living so I don't take this subject lightly. I mean really, is no one else experiencing this problem with new accounts other than myself and several people on the UK side of things?

I got some this week. Call and take care of things, you should be fine.

HurricaneHuntr 04-29-2014 09:24 PM

Out of the last 15 i've made, 14 of them had to call in, so it seems normal. And when they can't find me, they just say well you can list 10/1000 . Or in a rare case or two, they will ask for ID etc.. those i just take loss on and make a new