PAYPAL linking to new IP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-26-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default PAYPAL linking to new IP

I can't seem to find this answered anywhere - although it might have been. It is a simple question though. I have a new IP address after leaving my Road Runner modem unplugged for 2 days - so obviously I don't want to do that again soon. Anyway, I have a buyer from a month ago who has filed a claim on a sale I made before eBay suspended me. The PAYPAL account that was linked to this suspended account is still active although I have drained all the bank accounts for it and reported my credit card as stolen. So they have put a negative balance on this account. Now the buyer has escalated this dispute to a claim and I need to at least try to plead my side - because this buyer is really, really wrong. Anyway, will I "infect" my new IP address if I log into my old PAYPAL account with it? Is there any way to log into my old PAYPAL account safely? I have had this account for a long time and they have copies of my SS card and Driver's license. So am I screwed if they decide against me? I don't want to trash my credit card over a $200.00 dispute - but this buyer is truly wrong and is taking advantage of the fact that I am suspended. I want to respond to PAYPAL while they decide which way to come down on but I don't want to let eBay connect my new IP. Please help. I need to act. http://www.aspkin.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

If you log into your old Paypal account from your new IP address then then they will have that IP on file for you.
If you then use that SAME ip address to log into your new accounts you are linked.

Lose the current IP.
Get new IP
Now log into OLD Paypal account.
Do everything you need to do on your old PP account.
Lose that IP.
Get new IP
Go on about your business with you current accounts.

I use AOL dial up for my eBay/Paypal needs.
A new IP every time I dial up.
Yes it is slow but it keeps me from having to deal with the IP issues.
Old 09-27-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Try going to a library or Starbucks or any place that has free wifi or internet access to log into your PayPal account.
Old 09-27-2008
Executive [VIP]

Yes that too.... LOL
Old 09-27-2008
Threadstarter  

Default PAYPAL linking to new IP address

Now that I have a second modem from AT&T that is tons easier to reset (IP) than my other Road Runner one which requires that it be powered down for 48 hours, I think that I will just log into my old account and plead my side of this dispute, then power down my new modem for a few minutes and get a new IP. I have already tested resetting the IP this morning and it works. Anyway, if PAYPAL works true to form, they will ignore my side and reward the buyer a refund even though she is way past my deadline for returns, my listing had 12 well done photographs of the item and a detailed description. I have never had PAYPAL side with me when a buyer wants their money back - no matter how old the sale is or thinly veiled the reasons are. But that is another Forum. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-05-2008

With the new SNAD polices, there is nothing you can do. They can return anything for any reason and you have to eat the shipping cost out of pocket you shelled out to send it to them. I just lost one for a new sealed manufacturer's cables becuase the buyer ordered the wrong one, sent them back opened and I lost the SNAD dispute-crazy. Gary
Old 10-05-2008
Threadstarter  

Default PAYPAL disputes

I have informed my postal carrier - who is a real doll, NOT to leave any packages for me that have a delivery confirmation - signature or just scanning, unless he shows them to me first. I am NOT going to accept delivery and so she will not have proof that I got the item returned. I realize that this only delays the inevitable, but I just feel like jacking with this miserable buyer and I would love to be the fly on the wall when she gets her package -returned to sender. She will have to ship it to me again, and I might just send it back again. There will be no way to prove that it was attempted to be delivered to my address. I can say that I never got it. I am just playing this game by their rules. Of course if she paid by CC - she can back charge the transaction and she won't even have to return it to get her money back. This has happened to me a handful of times and all they say I can do is contact the police in whatever city the buyer lives in and file a claim of Petty theft. Yeh, right. The rules are stacked against Sellers and now we can't even leave feedback about these terrible Buyers to warn other Sellers!! I wish someone would have warned me about this one. She has really gotten under my skin. Is there any way to get an eBay member suspended if all they do is buy stuff? I know that this sounds harsh but this buyer is really bad news and I have been selling for 4 years. I have never had one that got to me like this one. I would gladly give her her money back if I could get her off eBay - permenantly.
Old 10-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendaleigh View Post
Is there any way to get an eBay member suspended if all they do is buy stuff? I know that this sounds harsh but this buyer is really bad news and I have been selling for 4 years.
Answer: Yes, but it will take soem work. You can do policy violation reports, be persistant with GREEDBay or read the E-book you can buy here
Old 10-07-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

BTW - they will send a collections company after you if you have a negative pp acct. for more than a couple of months. And if she sends it back FedEx they can and will leave it on your doorstop and she will still have a delivery confirmation tracking number from them which will show up as being delivered to your address.
Old 10-07-2008
Threadstarter  

Default Fingers crossed!!!

I called PAYPAL yesterday and they said that they had not received a tracking number from this buyer yet and her time runs out on the 9th. I am hoping that she has decided that she doesn't want to pay for return shipping or is stupid enough to send it USPS. She is new to eBay - or so she says. I haven't received it yet so I am keeping um crossed.
Old 10-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

As soon as you receive your package back (if they really send it) check the number.
If they sent it USPS withOUT delivery confirmation you would be in the clear.
If they did use DC then wait until latter in the evening and run the number.
If the postal worker did NOT scan the package as delivered you are in the clear also.
This is what buyers do.... The ones that say "I never got it" and you know they did.
Old 10-18-2008
Threadstarter  

Default The end

I just thought that I would let you know how this ended up. Apparently this buyer did not think that she should have to pay to ship the bag back to me so she didn't and her time ran out last week. PP has returned the money back into my account. I have one more dispute pending and then I am going to close this PP account and close the bank account that I had tied to it - just to be safe. I cannot believe what this buyer put me through -only to change her mind and NOT send it back. PP said that she was really unhappy when they told her that she would have to pay to send it back with a Delivery Confirmation. Seller's are really screwed with PP most of the time.
Old 10-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

You win.... YEA
1 down 1 to go ...