eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Reset Password Disaster! - Email and Phone are no longer available. What do I do?? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/73881-reset-password-disaster-email-phone-no-longer-available-what-do-i-do.html)

Omgoozle 05-26-2014 10:54 PM

Reset Password Disaster! - Email and Phone are no longer available. What do I do??

So with the recent "Reset your password" bullcrap that's going on I dipped into my dormant accounts today to reset the passwords. My fear is that the accounts which go untouched over the next several weeks will be marked as "inactive" by eB and eventually deleted.

When logging into the accounts, I was upset to find that most of my accounts were set up with a Google Voice phone number and either a Yahoo, Ymail, Rocketmail, or Live.com email address.

All of those extensions either delete their inactive email accounts after a year, and/or they have stopped offering those web extensions for email addresses (@ymail.com and @rocketmail.com were two available yahoo account extensions back in the day, and @live.com was a different version of Outlook)

Of the few email addresses that were @Yahoo.com, I've been able to re-make the same accounts I used to have in order to receive the Reset Password link that eB emails to you. But for others I haven't been so lucky. The deleted names have now been re-taken by someone else.

And of course, all the Google Voice numbers used have been since unattached to my accounts for lack of use.

Sooooooooo

Has anyone here successfuly called in to eB to have their account reinstated WITHOUT the original email and phone number?

If you tried - how did it go? What are the magic words?

PMs appreciated, and will be returned with virtual hugs.
Goozle

oompaloompa 05-27-2014 04:35 AM

Re: Reset Password Disaster! - Email and Phone are no longer available. What do I do

happened to me, will pm you, it was resolved

rsot 05-27-2014 04:41 AM

Re: Reset Password Disaster! - Email and Phone are no longer available. What do I do

Oompa may I be in on the advice? I just found out an active account which (sheepish to admit) has none of the access options available...I let all entire combo of phone number and e-mail go to h*ll hah

oompaloompa 05-27-2014 04:48 AM

pmd all, as long as you have dob and persevere....or maybe i was lucky. no need for embarrassment, out of tons of accs, a dormant or low use one can get forgotten....the agent did not seem surprised or suspicious, as though it was happening alot to people...

rsot 05-27-2014 11:43 AM

Thanks oompa :) just requires patience to deal with agents

Omgoozle 05-30-2014 02:26 PM

The DOB tip is bothering me, because I don't think eB asks for DOB in the USA. Do they?

MM78 05-30-2014 02:41 PM

You can actually enter a DOB optionally.