Can Ebay see your IP and MAC and ban you for it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-29-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Can Ebay see your IP and MAC and ban you for it?

Ok to make a long story short...there was a staffer at Trust and Safety, who asks all ebayers where they get their stuff...Well, it didn't sit well with me and I asked him, seriously, by his excessive talking if he was on drugs

I've gone stealth and it worked...But this time using stealth I got linked, or sold to soon because they said I could sell zero...

Is it possible they can see the serial number of the computer, MAC address, and ban me IF THEY ARE REALLY OUT FOR ME...I did change the IP address by swapping modems with TW

I told the monster I use Time Warner, which I should not have, and wonder if they caught me by having similiar IP number and know by the numbers if this is Time Warner

If I change service providers will that help me get back on and sell right away

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-30-2014 at 12:13 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-29-2014

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Can Ebay see your IP and MAC and ban you for it?

Have you considered reading the stealth guide? Looks like you are making obvious mistakes.

eBay cannot see beyond the public IP, however, they love to make sure their cookies are kept safe. If you mix cookies from different eBay accounts, they do not like that.
Old 06-29-2014

Longevity: 59%

You know, I had this exact conversation t a poker table about 2 months ago. After talking for a while, I realized the guy next to me was a IT genius consultant.

I asked him that same question and his answer was that it was technically possible, but he doubted ebay had the stuff to do it. He told me probably a really big financial company would, and the government, but he doubted ebay bothered to go that far with their system.....just thought I'd pass that along for what it's worth.
Old 06-29-2014

Longevity: 57%

don't the cookies that you have on your computer show ebay that you are using same device for different ebay accounts - Not that they know for certain the exact computer id? That's why it's advises on this site to get different computer log in account for each ebay account.
Am I wright?
I usually use my ipad and wondered how it works there? I've deleted all my cookies history etc but would they still be able to see if I had logged into my old account with it?
Old 06-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoteBay View Post
Have you considered reading the stealth guide? Looks like you are making obvious mistakes.

eBay cannot see beyond the public IP, however, they love to make sure their cookies are kept safe. If you mix cookies from different eBay accounts, they do not like that.
You are going to hate hearing this but I used CC Cleaner and cleaned cookies before starting...Yes I have read it...Read it again and remembered....But I really told off the person at ebay so bad that he can get fired
Old 06-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
You know, I had this exact conversation t a poker table about 2 months ago. After talking for a while, I realized the guy next to me was a IT genius consultant.

I asked him that same question and his answer was that it was technically possible, but he doubted ebay had the stuff to do it. He told me probably a really big financial company would, and the government, but he doubted ebay bothered to go that far with their system.....just thought I'd pass that along for what it's worth.
Made me feel better...Thanks
Old 06-29-2014

Authenticating to access a network will transmit many details including mac, local IP, public IP and even domain.

But application authentication is unlikely to transmit any of the information except the public IP.
Old 06-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMama View Post
You are going to hate hearing this but I used CC Cleaner and cleaned cookies before starting...Yes I have read it...Read it again and remembered....But I really told off the person at ebay so bad that he can get fired
You have windows cookies and adobe flash browsing. Click on the link I have added, you will be surprised to find eBay in the list. That needs to be cleaned too if you are using the same account.
BigMama (06-29-2014)
Old 06-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Thank you...How often do we do cleaning...Is it when we finisthed with a browser or opened our stealth one
Old 06-29-2014

NEVER clean cookies at all. eBay need those cookies to identify you.
Old 06-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Default Can Ebay block an entire IP Pool?

Some knowledgeable person on here said it is possible for ebay to block and entire IP pool

Has this happened to anyone?

I'm telling you never ever call in to ebay...They are not there to help you but to tear into you as a seller....Calling in for raising limits is just a trick in my opinion

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-30-2014 at 02:41 AM.
Old 06-29-2014

Default Re: Can Ebay block an entire IP Pool?

Why should they block IPs, that is like shutting their business.

First of all, eBay is not an ISP and has nothing to do with IPs. Nobody is authenticating to their network before signing into an account. eBay is just an ecommence web application.

They can see your IP and if they choose to MCXXX your account, and that is what people call block, then we are misusing terminology.
Old 06-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Well I was stupid enough to tell the person on the other end what service provider I used.....I got so infuriated by his talking over me that I asked him if he was a coke head and asked him several times...I was not only mad but serious...I then told him I was going to mass mail all his supervisors and that's when he banned me. I tried again with stealth and have done so with success but this time they said I can sell zero

Help please

The guy who banned me is mentally unstable and violent...He doesn't care about ebay sales but at getting back at someone.....Seriously, I wrote ebay how it seemed he was on drugs..for reals...If that doesn't get him fired or looked into closely nothing will....I wouldn't put it past him to block an entire pool if that is possible..Him being mad at possibly being fired

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-30-2014 at 01:25 AM.
Old 06-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You have windows cookies and adobe flash browsing. Click on the link I have added, you will be surprised to find eBay in the list. That needs to be cleaned too if you are using the same account.

Thank you....will do...Do you have a direct link to the adobe CC cleaner recommended in the Stealth Book?...I download it but don't know for sure if it's the right one because I get all these ads
Old 06-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:

BINGO...I think you got it...Thank you
Old 06-30-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
The guy who banned me is mentally unstable and violent...Him being mad at possibly being fired
To be fair, your coming across more crazy and unhinged than any eBay rep i've ever spoken to.
Old 06-30-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

If we use different user accounts, do we still need to clean cookies and adobe flash? I would be doing all of this on a Mac?
Old 06-30-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

No no.. it's not advisable to clear cookies and flash objects once you establish a user account and you setup your account. Heck.. if you can get a solid VPS per account that's even better.. but that's something different.
Old 06-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitanc View Post
If we use different user accounts, do we still need to clean cookies and adobe flash? I would be doing all of this on a Mac?

Cookies are what gives ebay/paypal the ID of the account. If they are missing
action gets taken. And it's not always 'nice'.

Keep your user account and cookies and do good stealth

Old 07-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

yes and you played right in to this 'cokeheads' hands by being rude....so well done.

'I wrote ebay how it seemed he was on drugs..for reals...If that doesn't get him fired or looked into closely nothing will..' err yeh ok

as for 'IT genius at poker table' (not earning enough as IT genius?) said 'it is possible' well that does not actually mean anything, a non-genius can come out with that info and 'unlikely for ebay but possible for big financial company', well paypal is in that catagory.....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 07-01-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 07-12-2014

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Well I was stupid enough to tell the person on the other end what service provider I used.....I got so infuriated by his talking over me that I asked him if he was a coke head and asked him several times...I was not only mad but serious...I then told him I was going to mass mail all his supervisors and that's when he banned me. I tried again with stealth and have done so with success but this time they said I can sell zero

Help please

The guy who banned me is mentally unstable and violent...He doesn't care about ebay sales but at getting back at someone.....Seriously, I wrote ebay how it seemed he was on drugs..for reals...If that doesn't get him fired or looked into closely nothing will....I wouldn't put it past him to block an entire pool if that is possible..Him being mad at possibly being fired
Never get into a pi$$ing contest with a guy that has been drinking beer all day..........