New Paypal question. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-18-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default New Paypal question.

I form a new LLC to open an new ebay and paypal account (my name was banned by ebay)

When I sign up for paypal account, it ask me to provide a legal contact person's name and address and SSN besides my business EIN.

My question is my old banned ebay account & paypal account don't have my SSN, they only have my real name and old address.

Right now, I rent a UPS box for my LLC address. Can I use my real name (already used on my banned account) and SSN (never used) as my new paypal account's legal contact person??

Will paypal link my SSN to my old address from my last year tax return?

Please help. Or a random SSN and random name is a better choice? Thank your very much.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: New Paypal question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenwen View Post
I form a new LLC to open an new ebay and paypal account (my name was banned by ebay)

When I sign up for paypal account, it ask me to provide a legal contact person's name and address and SSN besides my business EIN.

My question is my old banned ebay account & paypal account don't have my SSN, they only have my real name and old address.

Right now, I rent a UPS box for my LLC address. Can I use my real name (already used on my banned account) and SSN (never used) as my new paypal account's legal contact person??

Will paypal link my SSN to my old address from my last year tax return?

Please help. Or a random SSN and random name is a better choice? Thank your very much.
First off, do not use someone else's SSN. That is a huge no-no. It is odd that it has asked you for a SSN and EIN. Are you using the same computer and computer user ID to open this account? If so, that could be an issue. I have 4 PP business accts with EIN attached. I have never been asked for a SSN to go along with it.

If you set up your PP as a business, EIN should be all they need. As far as a person's name, I have always used a made up name along with a real address. When I open a new EB acct, I do it as personal, not business.

And yes, they can link your SSN with your address and all your other info, making it very easy to boot you again.
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
wenwen (07-23-2014)
Old 07-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Very wrong to do that.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
wenwen (07-23-2014)
Old 07-19-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

No, I bought a new computer and a new internet service. Everything is new. But when I signed up for a new paypal business account. It ask for a legal contact name and adders with SSN besides my business information. Looks like paypal has a new layout and new policy. Please help. Any advise will be appreciate. Thank you very much.

For my old banned account, I never use my SSN, but do use my home address.
Old 07-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

This is my opinion and anyone with more experience please chime in.

When I open a PP, I open it as a personal account. I do not give them a SSN. It is not required (yet). All PP needs to get you rolling is a bank account and a credit card.

On the bank account, it is ok to open a bank account in your name. But when you give that info to PP, make sure you use your stealth name. They only check the routing and account number. They do NOT check the name. In 95% of cases, they cannot check it and the bank doesnt offer it. Wait for the micro deposits (2-3 days).

On the credit card, I use Vanilla Visa Gift card. Do not grab a vanilla visa that requires a SSN. Make sure you watch for that. All you should have to do on the card is go to the cards site and register that card with your stealth zip code and stealth name. When PP goes to verify it, they only get to verify the zip code on that card.

The bank accounts confirms you and the credit card (gift card) verifies you.

Usually when you approach the 150 transaction mark, they will request your SSN. This is when you turn your personal PP into a Business PP. Very easy to do. I actually did one last night. Then instead of a SSN you give them an EIN.

There are places that will say they dont have your SSN yet, but that is not saying they require it. When they demand something, they will DEMAND it. Read closely to what they ask and remember they are out to get you to give as much info as possible on yourself. PP and EB and both tricky and liars.
wenwen (07-23-2014)
Old 07-19-2014

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post

When I open a PP, I open it as a personal account. I do not give them a SSN. It is not required (yet). All PP needs to get you rolling is a bank account and a credit card.

On the bank account, it is ok to open a bank account in your name. But when you give that info to PP, make sure you use your stealth name. They only check the routing and account number. They do NOT check the name. In 95% of cases, they cannot check it and the bank doesnt offer it. Wait for the micro deposits (2-3 days).

On the credit card, I use Vanilla Visa Gift card. Do not grab a vanilla visa that requires a SSN. Make sure you watch for that. All you should have to do on the card is go to the cards site and register that card with your stealth zip code and stealth name. When PP goes to verify it, they only get to verify the zip code on that card.

Usually when you approach the 150 transaction mark, they will request your SSN. This is when you turn your personal PP into a Business PP. Very easy to do. I actually did one last night. Then instead of a SSN you give them an EIN.

There are places that will say they dont have your SSN yet, but that is not saying they require it. When they demand something, they will DEMAND it. Read closely to what they ask and remember they are out to get you to give as much info as possible on yourself. PP and EB and both tricky and liars.
Now that is pretty decent advice but dont forget all the computer things that need to be done
The Following User Says Thank You to danshan For This Useful Post:
wenwen (07-23-2014)
Old 07-20-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:

But when you link the bank with PayPal, PayPal will automatically show a interface with requesting you log in your online bank account, never need you enter your bank routing num and account num anymore. They said they can get your bank info directly. How to around the step?
Old 07-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
But when you link the bank with PayPal, PayPal will automatically show a interface with requesting you log in your online bank account, never need you enter your bank routing num and account num anymore. They said they can get your bank info directly. How to around the step?
Re-read the book a few times. Last thing you need to worry about is SSN, EIN, LLC or Real Names.
The Following User Says Thank You to mercurial333 For This Useful Post:
wenwen (07-23-2014)
Old 07-23-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Sorry for confusion. I think the new link bank account method will reveal more information to Paypal than only account number and routine number method. Let me explain.

For my banned ebay account, I was banned in 2 days, when I list my first item, it was banned with MC999 due to security concerns. I never sell on ebay.

I registered in ebay with Name A and Address A, then I open a paypal account with my real name and Address A. When I linked the bank account to Paypal, it redirect me to my online bank login page, when I did it. My bank account was link to my Paypal, but Paypal automatically got my home address from my bank account.

So Paypal have my 2 addresses: Address A and my home address and my real name.

When I link my paypal to ebay account, everything is OK, but when I listed my first item on ebay, my ebay account was banned due to security concerns. For ebay, my real name didn't used yet, but paypal know my real name and home address.

Then I formed a LLC and want to open a new paypal business account. I bought a new computer and a new internet service and new phone, new UPS box address.

But when I open a new paypal business account, it asked me for legal contact name and SSN besides my business information and EIN.

My question is: can I use my real name and new address for my business paypal account as contact person information and use my real name and new address to open a new ebay account.

I know I got messed in the first beginning, but I did read the Stealth Book again and again. I only want to get a legit ebay and paypal account. Thank you very much.

Last edited by wenwen; 07-23-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-23-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
First off, do not use someone else's SSN. That is a huge no-no. It is odd that it has asked you for a SSN and EIN. Are you using the same computer and computer user ID to open this account? If so, that could be an issue. I have 4 PP business accts with EIN attached. I have never been asked for a SSN to go along with it.

If you set up your PP as a business, EIN should be all they need. As far as a person's name, I have always used a made up name along with a real address. When I open a new EB acct, I do it as personal, not business.

And yes, they can link your SSN with your address and all your other info, making it very easy to boot you again.
Thank you for reply. What do you mean make up name? a variation of your real name or other real person's name? Thank you very much.
Old 07-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Ok, my bank account has got to be in my real name.

Legal name: bjammin
Name on bank acct: bjammin
Name on PP acct: Keyser Söze

All PP cares about is the routing number and the checking account number

I usually come up with a first name and last name at random, like Frank White. I am sure there is a ton of Frank Whites in the US. Probably at least 5 in my area. No rhyme or reason on picking a name, just randomly pick one.

I do not use the instant confirmation. I do not like PP or anyone else asking me for my Bank User ID and Password. And i don't care if it is a third party. I think it is wrong that they even ask. (rant over)

So I always use the 2-3 day confirmation. If you do not see this, it is at the bottom of the box that is asking you to instantly confirm. Id like to add that they purposely try to make this seem like it is your only option (rant is really over now).
wenwen (07-25-2014)
Old 07-24-2014
Banned

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Sorry for confusion. I think the new link bank account method will reveal more information to Paypal than only account number and routine number method. Let me explain.

For my banned ebay account, I was banned in 2 days, when I list my first item, it was banned with MC999 due to security concerns. I never sell on ebay.

I registered in ebay with Name A and Address A, then I open a paypal account with my real name and Address A. When I linked the bank account to Paypal, it redirect me to my online bank login page, when I did it. My bank account was link to my Paypal, but Paypal automatically got my home address from my bank account.

So Paypal have my 2 addresses: Address A and my home address and my real name.

When I link my paypal to ebay account, everything is OK, but when I listed my first item on ebay, my ebay account was banned due to security concerns. For ebay, my real name didn't used yet, but paypal know my real name and home address.

Then I formed a LLC and want to open a new paypal business account. I bought a new computer and a new internet service and new phone, new UPS box address.

But when I open a new paypal business account, it asked me for legal contact name and SSN besides my business information and EIN.

My question is: can I use my real name and new address for my business paypal account as contact person information and use my real name and new address to open a new ebay account.

I know I got messed in the first beginning, but I did read the Stealth Book again and again. I only want to get a legit ebay and paypal account. Thank you very much.
When you confirmed your PP account you used the "instant verification" process. DO NOT use this method. You need to start a new account and go through the same steps (different bank account this time since the old one is burned) but next time verify using the "two deposits" process. Yes it takes a couple of days but at least the account will function.
The Following User Says Thank You to fox20c For This Useful Post:
wenwen (07-25-2014)
Old 07-25-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Ok, my bank account has got to be in my real name.

Legal name: bjammin
Name on bank acct: bjammin
Name on PP acct: Keyser Söze

All PP cares about is the routing number and the checking account number

I usually come up with a first name and last name at random, like Frank White. I am sure there is a ton of Frank Whites in the US. Probably at least 5 in my area. No rhyme or reason on picking a name, just randomly pick one.

I do not use the instant confirmation. I do not like PP or anyone else asking me for my Bank User ID and Password. And i don't care if it is a third party. I think it is wrong that they even ask. (rant over)

So I always use the 2-3 day confirmation. If you do not see this, it is at the bottom of the box that is asking you to instantly confirm. Id like to add that they purposely try to make this seem like it is your only option (rant is really over now).
Thank you very much for your reply. Right now, Do you think if I can use my real name as the contact name of paypal business account and ebay business account.

My banned ebay account don't have my real name yet, but the linked paypal account has my real name. However my paypal account was not banned. Thank you very much.
Old 07-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
My banned ebay account don't have my real name yet, but the linked paypal account has my real name. However my paypal account was not banned. Thank you very much.
Should not use the old pp account for making new eb account - you will be linked
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
wenwen (07-25-2014)
Old 07-25-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Should not use the old pp account for making new eb account - you will be linked
my old paypal account is a personal account with my real name. Can I open a new Business paypal account with my real name as contact person's name? Bank account will be different. Thank you very much.