eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Do I have to start slowly with account not used for 2 years? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/7550-do-i-have-start-slowly-account-not-used-2-years.html)

SheerGold 10-11-2008 04:21 PM

Do I have to start slowly with account not used for 2 years?

I have an account that was created over two years ago.

It has feedback of 15, but all the feedback is nearly 2 years old.

Because it was created before 11/07 and has some feedback (albeit old feedback) can I start listing expensive items straight away?

Or due to the feedback being so old, does that mean that I have to treat it like a new account & start building up more feedback from selling low priced items?

aspkin 10-11-2008 06:29 PM

It's best to treat it like a new account. Though you can list more on it initially with little blow back, just take it easy. Don't act like you're a scammer that hijacked the account wanting to make a quick buck.

SheerGold 10-11-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 61584)
It's best to treat it like a new account. Though you can list more on it initially with little blow back, just take it easy. Don't act like you're a scammer that hijacked the account wanting to make a quick buck.

Hi Aspkin,

Thanks for the speedy answer.

When you say "list more" are you referring to the numbers of items listed, or the value of an item, or some combination of value & number of items??

I sell high end computers. I am wondering if I would be OK listing one computer. When it's sold making sure that the buyer gives me positive feedback.

Then wait a few days after the feedback is received before listing another.

It seems logical that eBay's bots would see the positive feedback and leave me alone.

But eBay often appears illogical. But that's probably because we don't understand the algorithms it's bot is following.
So maybe eBay's bots will freak out when they see an expensive computer being listed again (they might even do so for the first listing).

aspkin 10-11-2008 08:49 PM

Ehh, you should be okay with that plan.

SheerGold 10-12-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 61591)
Ehh, you should be okay with that plan.

Hi Aspkin, thanks again for the advice.

Would the same plan work with a NEW account?

BTW, I am in the UK.
As I need to be selling with a Buy It Now, would become PayPal verified & get at least 5 feedback.

Could I then list a $1600 item with a Buy It Now a few days after opening the NEW account.
Ensure that I get positive feedback when that item is sold.
Then wait a few days after receiving the positive feedback before listing another $1600 item.

Would that work for a NEW account?
Or would merely listing an expensive item so soon be so risky that I could get suspended before I receive the positive feedback?

I am also wondering is whether obtaining the positive feedback would keep eBay from interfering. And if I ensure that I get positive feedback on every sale then maybe eBay will not interfere in the future.

I'm trying to work out a way for new accounts to get going with expensive items without having to wait a month.