below standard seller level, limited - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-09-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default below standard seller level, limited

Hi guys. I have an account which is 18 months old, was top rated seller and power seller. Never had a negative or neutral and has 1010 positives.
DSR 5,5,4.9,5. £8000 in sales over 1800 transactions.

Went on holiday for 2 weeks and left someone to post my items. She did it fairly regularly but not everyday, some things went off up to 2 days late.

I had about 30 cases opened for items not received over the month. Each and everyone was resolved successfully, mostly with a replacement 1 or 2 with a refund, and most resulted in positive feedback (never got a neg or neut).

So my seller level went to below standard as about 5.4% had defects. My listings all went from the top of best match to the very bottom of the last page. Sales went to about half a dozen a week! Anyhow, got percentage down to 5% and still lowering, I'm projected to be above standard for my next evaluation on 20th September.

Yet this morning I got this email from ebay-

Quote:
You can no longer sell items on eBay

Hello *****,

We want to let you know that you haven’t met the minimum requirements to sell on eBay and your seller level is Below Standard in the Global,UK program. As such, you won't be able to list and sell items on eBay anymore.

Selling standards are in place to ensure that sellers deliver a great customer experience to their buyers. They measure whether buyers were satisfied with your items and your customer service.

When you don’t meet the minimum requirements for selling, you're creating experiences that erode confidence and drive buyers away.

If you had any active listings, they've now been ended and any selling fees paid for those items will be credited to you.

If you've recently sold items that you still need to fulfill or post, please do so promptly. You'll still be able to see any recently sold items in My eBay, send and receive messages, and of course, buy items on eBay.

To see more details on why your seller level is Below Standard, go to your Seller Dashboard.
All my items were ended and selling limits reduced to 0. Whilst I understand and kinda agree with the seller level, it seems strange to be stopped from selling so soon - it is the first and only quarterly period that I have been below standard (every other month has been top rated) and I am projected to be above standard for the following quarter. I have never had a case escalated.

Current dashboard details-
Quote:
Items and listings
Low detailed seller ratings for item as described 0.00% 0
Opened cases for items not as described 0.40% 2
Returns for items not as described 0.00% 0
Postage and delivery
Low detailed seller ratings for postage time 0.40% 2
Opened cases for items not received 4.40% 22
Neutral or negative feedback
Neutral or negative feedback from buyers 0.00% 0
Canceled transactions
Canceled transactions (out of stock or sold to someone else) 0.00% 0
0 cases have closed without seller resolution

Listings eligible for an eBay Premium Services benefit
15 of 15 (100.00%)
In 11 days when my evaluation shows I'm above standard, will the limits be returned or is this permanent?

Last edited by aniseed; 09-09-2014 at 05:25 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: below standard seller level, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniseed View Post

In 11 days when my evaluation shows I'm above standard, will the limits be returned or is this permanent?
The answer is possibly - check after 11 days and see - there is no 100% "always" answer...sadly
Old 09-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

It looks permanent to me, but you can try to ring to appeal, but I would not hold my breath for them to overturn the decision. Having 30 cases opened in a month is a very high %.

May be worth setting dispatch time to longer in future to protect yourself from an issue like this happening again. I now use 2 working days dispatch and 2-3 days for delivery to guard myself against these sorts of case. In reality I post items the same day via a 1-2 days service. It does effect my sales slightly but in the long run it keeps my accounts alive.
Old 09-09-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks I guess I'll just leave it to find out. No big deal I have plenty more stealth accounts its just a lot of low value items to transfer to a new account with new descriptions and pics etc. Oh and a wasted bank account.
Everything was on same day dispatch which I normally fulfil but in hindsight yes it would have been safer to change that whilst I was away and relying on someone else.

The only thing I don't understand is why I had emails and notifications telling me to make sure I'm above standard for my next evaluation - I am on target with that - yet I get limited before I even get there.
Old 09-09-2014

Longevity: 93%

Be interesting to know what happens on the 21st of the month.
Old 09-10-2014
Banned

Longevity: 66%

With 30 cases open you are lucky to even have this account still with 0 limits. I can see why it dropped. 30 cases is a lot, it's not a joke. They limited you for fraud. Leaving your account in someones hands while away for 2 weeks? Not smart.

You can be top rated, 10,000 feedback but 30 cases open within that short time frame? Come on bro. Ebay might think you trying to pull a fast one on them or that you died and don't want to risk people sending money to someone who doesn't take care of their account.

And to build it back up to what it use to be. You are better off starting fresh and new or call them up to explain but this is not a good idea for you.

They sent you that email because it's automation probably and then someone had to review your 30 cases and see what's going on. Depending on the high price of your items and you pulling a vacation for 2 weeks and putting this in someones hands once again not to smart.

You should not let others handle your accounts. You take a vacation, means YOU TAKE A VACATION! Do check emails daily a few times a day just to make sure no customers with open cases like you got but 30 is really huge. I don't see them giving it back to you from what you are telling us.

Last edited by GhostWhoWalks; 09-10-2014 at 12:11 AM.
Old 09-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Well sometimes you just need a vacation.

Was 22 cases altogether over the 3 month period, half were during or because of my holiday (some multi items or free gifts missing). I also had a letter from Royal Mail saying they were relocating our local hub and inbound and outbound mail would be delayed. I'm blaming that for the rest.

I planned ahead with my other accounts which list individual items or items that don't depend on best match and let the listings run out before I left.

But it took me months to get these items to the top of best match and they'd been there over a year, I didn't want to lose that by taking them down, but at the same time me and my family needed a holiday.

It's also hard to access several stealth accounts when away from home. I have all my gmails forwarded to one so I can just check that to see if there are any problems, but most of these cases were opened during and after my return.

What do others do in these situations when they go away? I know running your own business is demanding and I'm not making excuses, but at the same time my family needs me or I might even go into hospital so what do others do in these situations?

As regards this account I'll see what happens and if it stays on 0 I'll ring up and beg and plead with them. Because it's got a bank account on it and otherwise a solid stealth account (fully verified etc), I'd rather rebuild this one if at all possible, even if it starts back on 10 items! My biggest worry is putting my items on a new account without linking it. I've a lot a stock left over and its a really good seller so I want to carry it on.

Last edited by aniseed; 09-10-2014 at 04:15 AM.
Old 09-10-2014

Longevity: 63%

When your account is suspended and limits 0/$0. That is a polite way of saying; back off.

My friend's account was linked and suspended. Limits stayed the same until the account went below standard.

Before the other issue was resolved, his account went below standard. They Zeroed his limits.

When the other account's issue was resolved, eBay would not let him back because he went below standard.

eBay would usually send a warning at least once. Why did they not warn you?
Old 09-10-2014
Banned

Quote:
Well sometimes you just need a vacation.

Was 22 cases altogether over the 3 month period, half were during or because of my holiday (some multi items or free gifts missing). I also had a letter from Royal Mail saying they were relocating our local hub and inbound and outbound mail would be delayed. I'm blaming that for the rest.

I planned ahead with my other accounts which list individual items or items that don't depend on best match and let the listings run out before I left.

But it took me months to get these items to the top of best match and they'd been there over a year, I didn't want to lose that by taking them down, but at the same time me and my family needed a holiday.

It's also hard to access several stealth accounts when away from home. I have all my gmails forwarded to one so I can just check that to see if there are any problems, but most of these cases were opened during and after my return.

What do others do in these situations when they go away? I know running your own business is demanding and I'm not making excuses, but at the same time my family needs me or I might even go into hospital so what do others do in these situations?

As regards this account I'll see what happens and if it stays on 0 I'll ring up and beg and plead with them. Because it's got a bank account on it and otherwise a solid stealth account (fully verified etc), I'd rather rebuild this one if at all possible, even if it starts back on 10 items! My biggest worry is putting my items on a new account without linking it. I've a lot a stock left over and its a really good seller so I want to carry it on.
So..................................... putting the items lets say from $39.99 normal selling price to $139.99 for those days was out of the question right? I mean you didn't have to take them down but you could of raised the price up so high that no one would even touch it to buy it right?

And still 22 cases within 3 months bro is a lot.

Let's say you are ebay, and there are tons of people selling vero phakes, scamming buyers, scamming sellers. And then someone has 22 cases within 3 months. And we don't know if it's for item not received, or Item not as described. So what would you do someone has 22 cases for items not arrived or not as said. I would cut them off ASAP! And this is what they did with you, you are a high risk seller to them and they don't need their image to be more ruined then it already is. It's why they keep patching up things and making it harder and harder for sellers now days even legit sellers. You can see why they did the 21 day holds. I don't blame them either.

So yeah okay we'll give you the 2 weeks vacation because realllyyyy sounds like you needed it.

But ummmmmmm........ what about the other 2.5 months bro?

Seems very risky to me.

P.S. Good luck in the future. I gave you some helpful tip for next time. On what to do for your price so you don't need to take it down no more.

Last edited by GhostWhoWalks; 09-10-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoteBay View Post
eBay would usually send a warning at least once. Why did they not warn you?
Perhaps there were unnoticed warnings...
Old 09-10-2014
Threadstarter  

I've done the price rise trick countless times, usually for a day or two when stock runs out whilst still waiting for my replenishment from China (and even had the odd 2 or 3 buyers who've paid and been happy with a late delivery!!), but with these items and for 2 weeks they would definitely fall a long way down. So I had someone to cover for me and I thought I'd trained them well enough - obviously not.

What I wish I'd done was quickly sell a hundred or two 99p HDMI cables to dilute things, but I had non in stock and my dashboard said I was happily on target for the following month so I thought it was no longer an issue if I continued well, I expected to be TRS again the evaluation after that.

Having the items ended is annoying as I was at top of best match until I went to below standard, but a few of my competitors had relisted as a multiple item with a 99p so were slowly creeping up on me anyway.

I've rechecked ebay messages and the only email I received prior to what I quoted above was telling me I'd lost top rated seller status. Didn't mention anything about below standard.

I completely get what your saying though. I could have built up a good account, then got a grand of sales and done a runner. Or even died in a car crash and left my account running!

Like has been said the seller level is all automated. My sales since over the last month have been spot on and there are no outstanding cases. Just a waiting game. The account had 1150/£35k limits which is a shame to lose and can't imagine I'd get back instantly, but I really don't want to lose the bank account.

Clicking increase my 0/£0 limits gives me a message saying wait until my seller level is back to standard (which would be impossible to increase with no sales!)- but I'm on target to be above standard in 10 days or so so I'll see what happens. If they don't rise, I'll phone up begging and pleading!
Old 09-10-2014
Banned

Obviously you didn't make the price high enough. Anyways you got to work on those cases to make sure you learn from your own mistakes. Maybe you are young but I'm sure you heard the term "If you want something done right, you got to do it yourself". Don't rely on anyone but yourself! No one will do a better job then yourself, they'll quit on you, steal from you, take your idea become your competition.

Your best bet is to call.

After you rejection. You can just tell your story of being in the hospital but then again what was the reason for all the cases? Just late?

I mean there is one thing you can tell them on the phone and pray it works. 1150/35k accounts from the UK don't come by easily bro.

If not a very late welcome to the forums.

Start learning to make stealths. And do about 20 accounts = 200 items sold per month. Start learning. Learn from your paste and build yourself a strong future.

cheers mate.
Old 09-10-2014
Threadstarter  

I went from £7.99 to £17.99.

A couple of lates, mostly where missing items. I do a lot of promotions and many had the additional items missing due to my cover whilst away. Customers always opened a item not received case. I'm going to start putting those little slips in telling customers not to leave negs, less than 5 stars or open any cases without first contacting. I hate the idea of it as it feels unprofessional, but I'm seeing it more with the items I buy.

Most of my other accounts get stuck at around the 300 limits, but I built this one up with cheap items and it worked a treat.

My biggest problem with my eBay business is sourcing products. I've got the odd niche I've found, but need more. I sell a lot of 2nd hand stuff but I'd rather buy more from China. Gonna start getting some toys in now ready for xmas - sold them quicker than I could get them last year so I'm buying extra this time!

Thanks for all the advice here and elsewhere on the forums - I wouldn't have any accounts without this website!

Last edited by aniseed; 09-10-2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: too specific
Old 09-10-2014
Banned

17.99 umm if I want something badly and to make sure a product is real and not phake. I'll pay top dollar. There are things I wanted from the states when I was in Europe. I would pay my friend $100 just to go to the post office to ship it out to me for an item that was only $30. So I think you should make it like 100 next time. Even I think I'd look for a better price on something like that.

Like I said a few posts before you learn and live bro!

Nice something that works great for you. You do know eyes are reading this and you can create more competition and harder for you to sell those cables. You should edit your posts and remove this.

And you welcome just stay alert next time and learn from your mistakes kiddo. Good luck on this journey.
Old 09-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I sell a lot of 2nd hand stuff but I'd rather buy more from China. Gonna start getting some toys in now ready for xmas - sold them quicker than I could get them last year so I'm buying extra this time!
Make sure quality is good - sometimes hit and miss from China